Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 06:41 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Aren't you the one that said you had an alleged Italian friend who "looked 'stereoytpically mestizo'" get "profiled"?

I guess that was worth mentioning in your attempt to destroy Latino identity in this country and your sad denial of any discrimination against Latinos.
Tough! If 'La Raza' et al had any balls-----------they would make it patently clear that illegal aliens can expect nothing but the cold shoulder at best.

As for so-called Latino 'identity': again tough..............assimilate or be sidelined in the barrio/ghetto. If it means adopting English over Spanish-----------so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 06:44 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,287,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Tough! If 'La Raza' et al had any balls-----------they would make it patently clear that illegal aliens can expect nothing but the cold shoulder at best.

As for so-called Latino 'identity': again tough..............assimilate or be sidelined in the barrio/ghetto. If it means adopting English over Spanish-----------so be it.
You don't make sense. You speak like you have any kind of authority.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:25 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
You don't make sense. You speak like you have any kind of authority.
It is called moral authority.

Maybe if we keep after the illegal alien apologists enough; they will simply accept the fact that they are defeated and slink away.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:37 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,610,558 times
Quote:

Maybe if we keep after the illegal alien apologists enough; they will simply accept the fact that they are defeated and slink away.
Anyone with any kind of moral authority does not support racial profiling of any kind...

Old 02-12-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
That is correct: your true anger should be directed towards those illegal alien criminals who besmirch your lineage---------not Sheriff Joe.
No...and I do not expect you to ever understand it...

Old 02-12-2009, 07:57 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,564,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Anyone with any kind of moral authority does not support racial profiling of any kind...
We don't like to think so, but it's part of 'investigating' any crime. You profile; you just don't talk about it.

All law-enforcement profiles by gender, by age group, by 'appearance', by 'attire' and by race, when there is a component appropriate in the 'crime'.
Searching for gang-bangers in LA County, you don't look for elderly Jewish couples or affluent Asians.

Looking for those who deface property with swastikas, you don't look at middle-income blacks or poor Hispanics.

If you're looking for a serial rapist, you don't profile women. And if you're looking for Mafia members or KKK members, you don't pull over blacks.

And if you're looking for illegal immigrants in the Southwest, you don't profile elderly white "snowbirds" or Navajos or black professionals.

Is profiling stricly LEGAL? It's a gray area...but if you're looking for a certain 'group', you look where that group can be found. All officers "know" this; and they HAVE to do this..they just can't discuss it in today's politically-correct society.

Does profiling "work"? Probably, in conjunction with other tools, yes, a majority of the time. It's not 'foolproof', but it's a way to look in 'the right places', rather than just randomly looking everywhere.

Do we ADMIT to using it?...of COURSE not...

Do I LIKE it? Hell no....but it happens, because people who "look like me" do bad things...and that sometimes puts ME in an awkward position.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:08 PM

200 posts, read 350,006 times
In my opinion, the cops have been profiling Americans for years and everyone knows it! What, they have to stop now, because an illegal alien might be offended? The freaking jails and prisons are full of illegal aliens for non immigration crimes. It's not like they're perfect little angels. They should have no rights in America and be deported as soon as they are detected. I would go as far, as saying, I believe we should put Bounty Hunters on them!

Old 02-12-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-The-Impaler View Post
In my opinion, the cops have been profiling Americans for years and everyone knows it! What, they have to stop now, because an illegal alien might be offended? The freaking jails and prisons are full of illegal aliens for non immigration crimes. It's not like they're perfect little angels. They should have no rights in America and be deported as soon as they are detected. I would go as far, as saying, I believe we should put Bounty Hunters on them!
The point you are missing is that Americans are getting caught up in this and that is unacceptable. Yes, we all know it goes on but as Americans we can and should speak out against it.

Is the next step is setting up roadblocks in and out of certain areas? And the step after that, limiting movement of certain groups of people? Sheriff Joe is willing to push limits and nothing is beyond him...

Old 02-12-2009, 08:22 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,139,149 times
Quote:

Thought they they would "slink" away after the 1986 ammnesty. Didn't happen then, won't happen now. My only question for the pro-illegal people is this, if you need help in Pheonix, who do you call? Janet Murgia ? La Raza ? Give me a break! Good thing Sheriff Joe is there.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:29 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,564,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
The point you are missing is that Americans are getting caught up in this and that is unacceptable. Yes, we all know it goes on but as Americans we can and should speak out against it.

Is the next step is setting up roadblocks in and out of certain areas? And the step after that, limiting movement of certain groups of people? Sheriff Joe is willing to push limits and nothing is beyond him...
Of COURSE Americans are getting caught up in it! Absolutely!...That's what happens when you allow things to "go to sh*t"..which is what we've done.

Look I'm not happy about this ONE BIT....my wife and several of my 'kiddies', grandkids, and many other loved ones LOOK like they could be 'profiled', too. So far, they haven't.

But something like TEN PERCENT of the entire population of Mexico is no longer in Mexico...it's HERE. And it's getting so that a LARGE percentage of 'hispanics' (whatever THAT means) in the Southwest ARE, in fact, illegally in the United States. That's simply a FACT.

This should never have happened. We've had several amnesties over the years, and that should have been the END of it...but it wasn't. It continued. And now we have an estimated 20 to 25 million people in the US illegally, MOST of them in the Southwest, and probably 70% of THOSE from one specific part of the world..Mexico and Central America.

That's a FACT....and that's what our situation has become. I don't like it, but if you're trying to 'get a handle' on illegal immigrants in the Southwest, how do you suggest we DO that? And how do we do that, without involving Hispanics?

Honestly, I'd like to know...and I'm sorry it's beginning to involve Americans. We should ALL be very MAD at those who let this happen. Instead of picking on "The Minutemen", (those harmless, unarmed old 'pests'), we SHOULD be getting angry with the people who were SUPPOSED to be watching the border, and didn't. THEIR neglect of the situation caused the 'mess' to develop which eventually led to the 'Minutemen' being founded. The Minutemen shouldn't BE there...because there should be nothing going on along the border for them to "monitor".

Now, we've got a mess.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration