Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 05:53 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,416,033 times

Advertisements

Many Americans who lost jobs are turning for help to the government's unemployment safety net, with job assistance and unemployment insurance. But illegal immigrants do not have access to it.

Instead, as the recession deepens, they are receding from community life. They are clinging to low-wage jobs, often working more hours for less money, and taking whatever work they can find, no matter the conditions.

Despite the mounting pressures, many of the illegal immigrants are resisting leaving the country. After years of working here, they say, they have homes and education for their children, while many no longer have anything to return to in their home countries.

"Most of the things I got are right here," Lopez said in English, which he taught to himself. "I got my family, my wife, my kids. Everything is here."

What help there is for illegal immigrants in Morristown comes mainly from churches, like Centro Cristiano Betel Internacional, where Lopez connects with a word-of-mouth network to find odd jobs.

Employers, wary of immigration agents, now insist workers have valid Social Security numbers. Lopez, who does not have one, said, "Without the number, you are nothing in this country."

Immigrants lack safety net after layoffs - TwinCities.com

I find it strange that the author feels compelled to mention that illegals have no access to unemployment benefits. In light of the fact that they don't pay taxes or into unemployment insurance, why would they be entitled to it? Furthermore, they aren't supposed to be here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 08:45 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Many Americans who lost jobs are turning for help to the government's unemployment safety net, with job assistance and unemployment insurance. But illegal immigrants do not have access to it.

Instead, as the recession deepens, they are receding from community life. They are clinging to low-wage jobs, often working more hours for less money, and taking whatever work they can find, no matter the conditions.

Despite the mounting pressures, many of the illegal immigrants are resisting leaving the country. After years of working here, they say, they have homes and education for their children, while many no longer have anything to return to in their home countries.

"Most of the things I got are right here," Lopez said in English, which he taught to himself. "I got my family, my wife, my kids. Everything is here."

What help there is for illegal immigrants in Morristown comes mainly from churches, like Centro Cristiano Betel Internacional, where Lopez connects with a word-of-mouth network to find odd jobs.

Employers, wary of immigration agents, now insist workers have valid Social Security numbers. Lopez, who does not have one, said, "Without the number, you are nothing in this country."

I find it strange that the author feels compelled to mention that illegals have no access to unemployment benefits. In light of the fact that they don't pay taxes or into unemployment insurance, why would they be entitled to it? Furthermore, they aren't supposed to be here.
Too damn bad; Lopez and Co.

Just accept the fact that you all are criminals and leave the USA----------or else.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:49 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
I find it odd that anyone should think that we should care about the hardships of criminals. They low ball wages forced legals out of trades steal social services, medical care, ID's and commit fraud on a daily basis.
But hold on let me check my give a damn meter. hmmm how strange its pegged at 0.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:56 AM

167 posts, read 483,968 times
Quote:

Thats right. "without the number, you are nothing in this country". These "numbers are given to citizen and legal aliens in this country.

Why do these illegals think they are entitled to everything a citizen has. They are illegals, they should not be in this country fullstop.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I find it odd that anyone should think that we should care about the hardships of criminals. They low ball wages forced legals out of trades steal social services, medical care, ID's and commit fraud on a daily basis.
But hold on let me check my give a damn meter. hmmm how strange its pegged at 0.
I have a meter similar to your "I don't give a damn one". Mine is an I don't give a flying f______. meter, but it's pegged at 0 as well. I'm sure most tax paying American have one. Apparently, the only difference is the brand name. I also have an illegal alien BS meter manufactured by the same company. Those of you wishing to go out and purchase the meters, please make sure the label says it's MADE IN THE USA BY AMERICANS.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:10 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Quote:
I have a meter similar to your "I don't give a damn one". Mine is an I don't give a flying f______. meter, but it's pegged at 0 as well. I'm sure every tax paying American has one. Apparently, the only difference is the brand names.
I just checked and recalibrated my meter. Strange but now its pegged in the Not only do I not give a f*&k and I am so happy it happened at last region.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I just checked and recalibrated my meter. Strange but now its pegged in the Not only do I not give a f*&k and I am so happy it happened at last region.
Yours sounds more sophisticated than the one I have. It must be time for me to update my model.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinggreen View Post
Thats right. "without the number, you are nothing in this country". These "numbers are given to citizen and legal aliens in this country.

Why do these illegals think they are entitled to everything a citizen has. They are illegals, they should not be in this country fullstop.
ITA. Apparently the bleeding heart liberals, corporate masters, most of the US government and the catholic church didn't get the memo.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:27 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,573,570 times
Did someone call a waaambulance?

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd351/jmaster797/Wambulance.jpg (broken link)

It’s just more of their delusional sense of entitlement. Tinman and JDubsMom, your meters registered higher than mine. I’m at -750 and steadily declining. It went so low, it’s now malfunctioning. Do you know where I can get it repaired, or should I buy another?

Old 03-22-2009, 09:32 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times

And another opinion from me about aiding and abetting illegal aliens who have fallen on hard times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration