Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 07:54 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,558,654 times

Advertisements

When will they learn that this is OUR country, and we don’t appreciate them marching in OUR streets demanding ANYTHING?

Quote:
ATLANTA -- A six day walk for immigration rights in metro Atlanta is sparking anger and outrage.

Many CBS Atlanta viewers are demanding to know why people here illegally should get special treatment.

The march started in Gainesville and will end in Atlanta on Friday.

Many viewers demanded to know why they feel it's okay to break the law, calling illegal immigrants “free loaders who are breaking the law.”

We tried to talk to several protestors as they marched. The immigrants marching did not want to talk.
Immigration March Sparks Anger - Atlanta News Story - WGCL Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 08:17 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
When will they learn that this is OUR country, and we don’t appreciate them marching in OUR streets demanding ANYTHING?

Immigration March Sparks Anger - Atlanta News Story - WGCL Atlanta
Don't they ever will, stupidity rules supreme with
fools, and they are that. Let them march. I hope they have a few Mexican flags to wave around. Sounds like the Mayday fiasco of the past. The American people seem to be wakeing up, and, thats a good thing.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:14 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,293 times
Quote:
We tried to talk to several protestors as they marched. The "immigrants" marching did not want to talk.
I'm sure they didn't since there probably weren't any tax payer funded interpreters marching alongside them.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:24 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,126,537 times
What I do find amazing is since Atlanta has a large American Black population that there was no 'dancing in the streets' against those illegal aliens and supporters. If the KKK pulled a similar stunt; there would have been trouble-----------and, rightly so.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:32 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,851,943 times
Now, all these pro-illegals need to do is tell the locals that they're only doing the work that no lazy Americans will perform and tell them that this is 'their land.

Quote:
But that's illegal,” said CBS Atlanta reporter Renee Starzyk.

“Yes it is,” said the protestor.

“Is that okay,” asked Starzyk.

“Not in the sense that it's going against the law,”

Old 04-19-2009, 07:50 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,126,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Now, all these pro-illegals need to do is tell the locals that they're only doing the work that no lazy Americans will perform and tell them that this is 'their land.

'Their land' BS would not apply to Aztecs, etc. as it is-----------they never ranged as far north as any part of the present day USA.

Besides: American Indians (who themselves arrived at different times of pre US/Mexican history) were simply defeated by a group of bigger and badder 'Indians' AKA people from Europe. Needless to say: I have no guilt over what happened-----------I have no control over the past.

I am not saying it was right; but, welcome to history----------and, it cannot be 'changed back'.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:00 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,151,356 times
Most of these illegals dislike Euopeans and Africans but they often forget they are part European also. If this is what the future of the USA is I want out; serously. They make the dumbest people here seem smart.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:34 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
It especially makes the working taxpaying Americans angry when streets are filled with Mexican-flag waving illegals, most from the housing projects, who block our way to work and have no regard for people trying to get to work. These people can get out and protest all day while the rest of us have to work for a living.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:14 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,558,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
What I do find amazing is since Atlanta has a large American Black population that there was no 'dancing in the streets' against those illegal aliens and supporters. If the KKK pulled a similar stunt; there would have been trouble-----------and, rightly so.
I recently visited Atlanta, and saw homeless Spanish-speaking women with their children begging for money. I also passed a park which was occupied by numerous black homeless families. The most heart-wrenching sight was a homeless black woman sitting on a sidewalk holding her infant. I couldn’t get the image of that poor baby out of my mind, and the next day returned to find her in the same location. I didn’t know if she was on drugs or just down on her luck, but I had to give her money for the baby.

The magnitude of destitution for many blacks in Atlanta was absolutely astonishing. I tend to believe many are simply too concerned with obtaining their next meal to be concerned with illegal aliens. Of course, there is a huge level of affluence among blacks in Atlanta. Perhaps they are simply too removed to even care about the impact of illegal immigration. I honestly don’t know.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:30 AM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
So they are trying to take over Atlanta now too? I'm surprised there hasn't been a lot of trouble over these marches there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration