Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 10:35 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,438,062 times

Advertisements

That would not be Portland would it? Considering a move there, but if its filled with illegals, it will def be off my list of places to relco to! I could possibly over look the big 9.0 earthquake, the rainy season and the volanic ashes, but certainly not a place overun by illegals!

Just the other night, there was a newscast bout a woman who they say was murdered by an illegal mexican who crashed into her car head on, he had no license but somehow got a car and alot of alcohol in himm, I think her sister will be disable for life, I pray that isn't so...I feel so bad for these two women, they were innoent bystanders to this murderer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 09:29 AM

341 posts, read 1,488,524 times
I've got mixed feelings on the subject. I've lived in several states and it IS true they WILL take the jobs that no one else wants. And most of them work in conditions & for pay we wouldn't touch. And they work hard. And we invite them to do so. They don't STEAL jobs. I'm currently in the Ohio Valley (KY/IN border) and surrounded by people living happily on foodstamps, handouts in trailors. Of course they smoke & are obese (sadly) but a MAJORITY could but DON"T work! The hispanics that venture into the area work work work. On the flipside... I don't believe they should just flood in & recieve benefits for free that I work to pay for. It's not a reality to think we can or will be able to ever close every inch of our borders down. But anyone coming in had better apply to work here & recieves NO benefits unless they pay. And if they can't..they go back. And anyone caught hiring illegals who aren't toting the proper identification to be here needs to lose their business instantly & be denied ANY benefits unless they get a job & pay for them! I'm less annoyed in general by illegals than by US citizens screaming about them taking jobs & yet don't work themselves. I'd like to deport THAT group! I pay just as much to support the legal BUMS!

Old 04-08-2007, 12:00 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,759,488 times
What jobs that no one else wants?

I've cleaned motel rooms. I've bussed tables and washed dishes, served food. I've worked for hours upon hours in the hot Texas sun, picking cantelopes and hauling hay. I've done construction clean-up for 14 hours a day in a unairconditioned building. To exactly which jobs are you referring?

There is not a job in this country that a hard-working American will not do if they are paid a living wage to do it. Slavery was abolished in this country in the late 1800's. Why would we want to loan ourselves out for slave-wages just so corporate America can put another buck in the bank?

If you are for illegal immigration, then you are for slavery. Because, when it comes right down to it, the cheap labor argument is simply this: We have an entire geo-political classification of people who are foreign nationals in this country illegally, who will work for whatever they can get. No government interference (read: taxes, workman's comp, wage standards, safe working conditions,etc) which means that corporate America is once again enslaving the poor and uneducated in order to fill their coffers.

If you turn a blind eye, or spout that tired old line of "These people are only doing the jobs Americans won't do" (see paragraph three), then you are endorsing the enslavement of these people.

And to think, those who support illegal immigration call us Racists!

Old 08-08-2007, 12:11 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,747,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecoldharbours View Post
I have heard from alot of different sources that China is going to take us over.
I'm not so sure it will be China.
I do know that nobody is speaking about the job
outsourcing that is going on in India.
I called HP to get some help with my computer & had
to talk with someone who can hardly speak English.
Ever get behind in a bill? Lately the collection calls come from India.
Ever call Travelocity for assistance<yep> India
Big business would sell it's soul to make a dollar...oppps
I forgot, they now have George W to do their dirty work.
This country and it's policies are beginning to make me
nervous.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:31 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,836,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Many of the dirtiest nastiest work is currently done by illegal workers. I think it is only a matter of time before they all become Legal immigrants or LONG TERM Guest Workers. I suspect that President Bush and the Democrats will pass an Amnesty Bill this summer.

Right now many of the current Illegal Aliens are using false ID or working for cash so they can get a job, any job, to pay for living expenses. Many of these people are desparate and will do just about anything to make money. One of the reasons they are so desperate is they are here illegally and can not pick and chose when it comes to work. If they sudenly all become Legal workers-- their desire to work at places like Meat Packing Plants or in "The fields" will be gone. They will attempt to get better jobs at Fast Food or retail. Sure their new jobs will not be great but they will no longer be so easy to work with and may get a little cocky. Who will do the dirty jobs after Amnesty?
The Bush-McCain-Kennedy amnesty failed because of these exact reasons you pointed out! Once the illegals become legal (and chain migrate 130 millions more immigrants into the USA through family chain migration), who will do the "dirty jobs".

Actually, will there be enough jobs created for all 130 new immigrants in 30 years after the proposed amnesty?? I cannot ever recalling a year where more than 1 million jobs were created, so if we have 130 million people coming in, how will they have jobs??

Sounds like the begining of the end of the USA.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:49 AM

915 posts, read 3,184,500 times
if them illegals are gone, we have plenty of uneducated low-skilled workers in the projects, trailers, and our over-populated prisons!
Drag them out and make them work or else no food stamp this month! No more free food unless you are geniune farked!

Old 08-25-2007, 06:59 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,747,179 times
If the illegals were to go...WHYYY Americans would do the jobs for alot more money and the prices on everything would rise.
So,if you dont mind paying more for groceries,dinners out,lawncare,poolcare,etc: then vote people into office who agree with what you do.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:45 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,293,051 times
The argument about illegal workers needed to keep prices down is b.s.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,350 times
I have to agree with sidney, I have been through it also. I understand all the chaos with illegals working taking our jobs and so on and companies lately only want hispanics because of thier hard work and great attendence, I agree if they are going to be here they should become legal, however if we deport everysingle illegal immigrant, WHO Will do the tough job, picking tobacco in the sun all day on your knees, In trees picking fruits or on farms not to mention other nasty job, also what about the illegals that have children here, who will help support them thats just more taxes and welfare needs in my opinion, who's going to tell the child dont cry your dad or mom is gone because he/she does not have a card that is green. Its a lot to think about, you cant just say oh well and start deporting it more to the situation than people really think about.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:48 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4252008 View Post
I have to agree with sidney, I have been through it also. I understand all the chaos with illegals working taking our jobs and so on and companies lately only want hispanics because of thier hard work and great attendence, I agree if they are going to be here they should become legal, however if we deport everysingle illegal immigrant, WHO Will do the tough job, picking tobacco in the sun all day on your knees, In trees picking fruits or on farms not to mention other nasty job, also what about the illegals that have children here, who will help support them thats just more taxes and welfare needs in my opinion, who's going to tell the child dont cry your dad or mom is gone because he/she does not have a card that is green. Its a lot to think about, you cant just say oh well and start deporting it more to the situation than people really think about.
Funny; this nation did quite well with few illegal immigrants 40 years ago.

Has anybody noticed that the wages of people with less than a AA/AS degree have declined factoring in core inflation since we have been inudated with the above lawbreakers?

Trust me: we don't need no steenkin' illegals! The above is a pun on we don't need to show no steenkin' badges and not meant to infer that most illegal immigrants are actually smelly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration