Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 01:22 PM

471 posts, read 588,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
What about those people who like to pull "My neighborhood is being overrun by Spanish speakers. All they play is Mariachi music. They wave their Mexican flags day and night. I don't like how they all look like xyz"? I mean the stereotypes and generalizations do occur on the anti-illegal side too. They tend to create Mexicans as a race of people as well.

If anything, talking about third world cultures, lack of English speaking, Spanish only, Mexican flag waving...I think that both sides are guilty.

Ummm..... I agree...... weird

Old 05-25-2009, 01:24 PM

163 posts, read 241,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
What about those people who like to pull "My neighborhood is being overrun by Spanish speakers. All they play is Mariachi music. They wave their Mexican flags day and night. I don't like how they all look like xyz"? I mean the stereotypes and generalizations do occur on the anti-illegal side too. They tend to create Mexicans as a race of people as well.

If anything, talking about third world cultures, lack of English speaking, Spanish only, Mexican flag waving...I think that both sides are guilty.
That has nothing to do with "race" but with "groups" of people. You can have a problem with a particular group of people because of their actions and NOT be racist. I am originally from New Jersey and lived among several different nationalites (South American, Pakistani, Vietnemese, etc) there without a second thought. And many of the people I lived among and worked with were in this country illegally and although they retained their heritage and culture at home they had an allegiance to America.

Then I moved to Southern Arizona in 2003 and found a different attitude among immigrants and illegal aliens, 99% of which are Mexican here. And in having spent the past 6 years here dealing everyday with the arrogance and disrespect of the people from Mexico I have indeed developed a problem with Mexicans as a GROUP of people not a race.

No matter how you try to spin it, it's still not a race issue with most of us.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:19 PM

142 posts, read 222,332 times
It is a race thing, they try and cover it by saying nationality but where are the anti-illegal immigration protesting illegals from white countries? Why don't they protest about the illegal Canadians (white)? Illegal British (white)? Illegal Germans, French etc (all white?)

They don't even protest the illegal Asians (White supremacists see Asians superior to hispanics)

The people complaining about illegal immigration are the same ones that complained (or would have) about Blacks getting rights.

Every time these anti-illegal immigration people complain about immigration it is always based on their race. Seriously, the same arguements used by the people against "illegal immigration" are used by the white supremacists. As an American we should be willing to accept anyone (that isn't a terrosist obviously) into America. We are a nation founded by immigrants for immigrants.

Now there are, very few, people who are against "illegal immigration" that actually make a good arguement but most just don't like the race of most immigrants.

P.S. This may come as a surprise but Spanish is a language from a white country, but if White supremacists knew that they wouldn't be complaining about hearing Spanish...

Old 05-25-2009, 03:27 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,918,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
Ummm..... I agree...... weird
I think Hell just froze over...lol.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:18 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,772,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Corinthians127 View Post
We are a nation founded by immigrants for immigrants.

Now think about what you just wrote!!! Think real hard.

Immigrant is not the same as illegal alien. One got here and went through the steps and protocol to become a proud American. That would be the immigrant. The other have come here under the radar, for what reason? They lack the education and ability to provide for themselves, to be even considered. They would be a burden on the American society. So they come here undocumented to be the burden, and take full advantage of our health care system, and welfare system. Would California be bankrupt if there were not so many uneducated, impoverished illegal aliens, using the system??

Old 05-25-2009, 04:25 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,206,136 times
Quote:
It is a race thing, they try and cover it by saying nationality but where are the anti-illegal immigration protesting illegals from white countries? Why don't they protest about the illegal Canadians (white)? Illegal British (white)? Illegal Germans, French etc (all white?)

They don't even protest the illegal Asians (White supremacists see Asians superior to hispanics)

The people complaining about illegal immigration are the same ones that complained (or would have) about Blacks getting rights.

Every time these anti-illegal immigration people complain about immigration it is always based on their race. Seriously, the same arguements used by the people against "illegal immigration" are used by the white supremacists. As an American we should be willing to accept anyone (that isn't a terrosist obviously) into America. We are a nation founded by immigrants for immigrants.

Now there are, very few, people who are against "illegal immigration" that actually make a good arguement but most just don't like the race of most immigrants.

P.S. This may come as a surprise but Spanish is a language from a white country, but if White supremacists knew that they wouldn't be complaining about hearing Spanish...
Proof please.

Note I am extremely prejudiced illegal aliens irrespective of their actual race/ethnicity.

Legal immigrants: 'brown' Mexicans or anybody else are welcome here.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:40 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,918,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Proof please.

Note I am extremely prejudiced illegal aliens irrespective of their actual race/ethnicity.

Legal immigrants: 'brown' Mexicans or anybody else are welcome here.
You have complained about 3rd world cultures in the past, in specific regards to Mexicans.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:43 PM

142 posts, read 222,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Now think about what you just wrote!!! Think real hard.

Immigrant is not the same as illegal alien. One got here and went through the steps and protocol to become a proud American. That would be the immigrant. The other have come here under the radar, for what reason? They lack the education and ability to provide for themselves, to be even considered. They would be a burden on the American society. So they come here undocumented to be the burden, and take full advantage of our health care system, and welfare system. Would California be bankrupt if there were not so many uneducated, impoverished illegal aliens, using the system??
Yeah, I forgot. America had no inhabitants prior to Europeans arriving. Those Natives you see on tv? They were just made up. I mean, that is a good thing. If there were people here before Europeans that make the europeans illegal immigrants =).

Old 05-25-2009, 04:54 PM

471 posts, read 588,235 times
My main complaint is that we expand our welfare system, paid for by people who ACTUALLY pay taxes, then also lobby for free flowing immigration that panders to the less educated, less skilled, and the FAR less affluent. That can not be sustained. I LOVE the idea of immigration if, only IF, it brings in people who will make us a better nation( wealth, higher education, specialized skills of some sort, and so on).

They can be WHATEVER color or creed. That doesn't matter. That being said Mexican illegal immigration and illegal immigration from other SOB nations is the main problem. Its 80%. That is not 100%, but it is the one that requires the most immediate attention. The others will be dealt with as well. Not to mention most immigrants from all other nations are LEGAL, the Mexican immigration is a 50/50 split, illegal to legal.

It IS also a bit different than the others in some key ways; contiguity, scale, illegality, regional concentration(the southwest), persistence, and historical presence. Demographically, socially, and culturally, the Reconquesta of the Southwest United State by MEXICAN immigrants is well under way.

Illegal immigration from ALL other places has not had anywhere near the effects that illegal immigration from Mexico has.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:17 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,206,136 times
Quote:
Yeah, I forgot. America had no inhabitants prior to Europeans arriving. Those Natives you see on tv? They were just made up. I mean, that is a good thing. If there were people here before Europeans that make the europeans illegal immigrants =).
Mexico/New Spain and virtually every other country was guilty of some sort of racism/ethnic cleansing throughout history.

What happened in the distant past is moot: we are a sovereign nation and have the right to control our borders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.