Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 05:24 PM

640 posts, read 1,732,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Corinthians127 View Post
Yeah, I forgot. America had no inhabitants prior to Europeans arriving. Those Natives you see on tv? They were just made up. I mean, that is a good thing. If there were people here before Europeans that make the europeans illegal immigrants =).
I'm guessing you are a Chicano activist right?

I'm Hispanic, though not Mexican. I'm a sephardic jewish/taino Indian/Spanish mutt and I'm against illegal immigration. Why? Because I do not find it fair that Latino families like mine (and other ethnicities) paid thousands of dollars to do things the right way and follow the law and that we be disrespected like this. Many of these Mexican activists have made being Latino synonomous with being a lawbreaker, because they pretty much condone it. Why do these people get to go to the front of the line? Simply because white (if you must make it a race thing) business owners want a new wave of slave labor? Because the Mexican government encourages law breaking and doesn't give a s*** about their indigenous Indian Mexican population? I've actually HEARD upper class Mexicans refer to many of these people as "Nacos" and "la basura de Mexico." Disgusting.

The topic of "who got here first" is irrelevant. It's 2009, not 1492.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:27 PM

142 posts, read 222,029 times
So it is "history" so it doesn't matter?

Old 05-25-2009, 05:32 PM

640 posts, read 1,732,456 times
Quote:
So it is "history" so it doesn't matter?
It's history, but what does that have to do with what is going on now?

Old 05-25-2009, 05:50 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post
I'm guessing you are a Chicano activist right?

I'm Hispanic, though not Mexican. I'm a sephardic jewish/taino Indian/Spanish mutt and I'm against illegal immigration. Why? Because I do not find it fair that Latino families like mine (and other ethnicities) paid thousands of dollars to do things the right way and follow the law and that we be disrespected like this. Many of these Mexican activists have made being Latino synonomous with being a lawbreaker, because they pretty much condone it. Why do these people get to go to the front of the line? Simply because white (if you must make it a race thing) business owners want a new wave of slave labor? Because the Mexican government encourages law breaking and doesn't give a s*** about their indigenous Indian Mexican population? I've actually HEARD upper class Mexicans refer to many of these people as "Nacos" and "la basura de Mexico." Disgusting.

The topic of "who got here first" is irrelevant. It's 2009, not 1492.
Aside from some 'Latino' etc. (not just Anglo White) business owners exploiting the illegals here; your post is spot-on.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:55 PM

117 posts, read 293,618 times
People will make Mexican a race because they're the easiest to pick on and easy to stereotype. People hardly mention other nationalities like Guatemala, El Salvador, or other countries around the world where illegal immigrants come from.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:24 PM

471 posts, read 587,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
People will make Mexican a race because they're the easiest to pick on and easy to stereotype. People hardly mention other nationalities like Guatemala, El Salvador, or other countries around the world where illegal immigrants come from.

SOB covers every nation from south of the US. Its easier that way. Plus the SOB countries account for 80% of all illegal immigration. MEXICO alone is 57%! Its easy to see why people focus mainly on Mexicans or use them as the example in most illegal immigration talks. They account for more than ALL OTHER NATIONS COMBINED...

Asia accounts for 10%
Canada and Europe 5%
Africa and 'other' 5%

....of course I have stated this a millions times before. Sorry if it hurts you little "feel'ns", but it is what it is.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:48 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
SOB covers every nation from south of the US. Its easier that way. Plus the SOB countries account for 80% of all illegal immigration. MEXICO alone is 57%! Its easy to see why people focus mainly on Mexicans or use them as the example in most illegal immigration talks. They account for more than ALL OTHER NATIONS COMBINED...

Asia accounts for 10%
Canada and Europe 5%
Africa and 'other' 5%

....of course I have stated this a millions times before. Sorry if it hurts you little "feel'ns", but it is what it is.
Selective memory or reading comprehension?

Old 05-26-2009, 02:02 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,068,082 times
They use the word race in their attempt to hoodwink people. Because racial discrimination is against the law, they think that if they play the race card, they will have more power.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:13 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
The various Hispanic advocacy groups also insinuate that Hispanics are a race.

Needless to say: 'Hispanic/Latino' are fast becoming de facto code words for (usually) Spanish speaking Mestizos/Indians----------especially factoring in that many White people from Latin America and especially Spain tend to take offence to being lumped in with the above.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:51 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,995,168 times
Quote:
It is a race thing, they try and cover it by saying nationality but where are the anti-illegal immigration protesting illegals from white countries? Why don't they protest about the illegal Canadians (white)? Illegal British (white)? Illegal Germans, French etc (all white?)

They don't even protest the illegal Asians (White supremacists see Asians superior to hispanics)

The people complaining about illegal immigration are the same ones that complained (or would have) about Blacks getting rights.

Every time these anti-illegal immigration people complain about immigration it is always based on their race. Seriously, the same arguements used by the people against "illegal immigration" are used by the white supremacists. As an American we should be willing to accept anyone (that isn't a terrosist obviously) into America. We are a nation founded by immigrants for immigrants.

Now there are, very few, people who are against "illegal immigration" that actually make a good arguement but most just don't like the race of most immigrants.

P.S. This may come as a surprise but Spanish is a language from a white country, but if White supremacists knew that they wouldn't be complaining about hearing Spanish...
Wow.

The reason anti-illegal immigration advocates aren't talking about illegal aliens from Canada, Asia, etc., is because their numbers are so few compared to illegal aliens from Mexico and Central America. I think most of us here are focusing on the bigger and more destructive picture...the MASSIVE illegal entry into the U.S. of people from Mexico and Central America.

Second, you tossed around the term "White Supremacist" a few times in your post. Be careful. That's a very serious charge, and equating anti-illegal immigration sentiments to white supremacy is extremely off-base.

Yes, we are a nation founded by immigrants; however, we are also a nation that is running out of natural resources and is plagued with very serious economic deficits. We cannot realistically allow every person who wants to come to the U.S. that opportunity. At some point we have to hang the "No Vacancy" sign, or we will destroy this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration