Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 01:14 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,014,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Hey, that's not a Mexican forum, this is a Mexican forum

Foros México - Powered by vBulletin

it is in spanish though but i'll translate something that was written here ok?

¿Por qué los lemas favorable-migratorios no tienen ningún sentido? - Foros México

Illegal immigrants, seems to be suprised that the American congress is pondering to strenghten the laws against them, I'm convinced that a lot of illegal immigrants are surprised because they have been wrongly misled. They have been confused into thinking that they have rights in the south-western region of the United States.

it has this section, but no one has posted, maybe you could start?

who knows maybe you could make a friend or two?

Foros México in English - Foros México

Finally, what's that about of brown pride? like if we were all brown in Mexico LOL, besides we don't have those differences in Mexico, we are... Just Mexican! isn't that a blessing?
travellingfella,

is that REALLY true? how come you wouldn't see a guerita getting married to a prieto? how do the "top 10%" stay so white? i understand that they probably don't mix in the same circles, but how could you explain that mestizos are not commonly found in politics, movies, television,etc? of course, there is the theory of "mestizaje", that EVERY mexican is at least part aztec. but how true is it really? it seems to me that i read somewhere that one of our US ambassadors to mexico Hector Nava was snubbed by the mexican elite due to his humble beginnings as a mexican american who worked his way through an ivy league education and ambassadorship. could it be that the mexican people in control just don't like mestizo americans or mestizo mexicans?

Old 11-25-2007, 01:46 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,441,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
travellingfella,

is that REALLY true? how come you wouldn't see a guerita getting married to a prieto? how do the "top 10%" stay so white? i understand that they probably don't mix in the same circles, but how could you explain that mestizos are not commonly found in politics, movies, television,etc? of course, there is the theory of "mestizaje", that EVERY mexican is at least part aztec. but how true is it really? it seems to me that i read somewhere that one of our US ambassadors to mexico Hector Nava was snubbed by the mexican elite due to his humble beginnings as a mexican american who worked his way through an ivy league education and ambassadorship. could it be that the mexican people in control just don't like mestizo americans or mestizo mexicans?
Dear Wehotex, you should meet my family and see what a true Mexican melting pot is, or come to Mexico and see it with your own eyes of course that people mixes here, there is racism though, but it's more based in social class and only a few and ignorant ones are sick with that disease, the truth is that most of Mexicans are nice and warm and peace lovers, we mix a lot here, and the country is now growing and becoming a vibrant, modern democracy, most people who emigrates doesn't know that here in their own country they could find the oportunities they are looking for, instead of emigrating to a city where they could find a decent job even if it's cleaning floors, they fall in the trap and emigrate to the USA.

And please, if anybody wants to tell me that this is not true then come to Mexico, live here for 30 years and see for yourself, a lot of the parents of my friends come from really humble origins, from really poor and small towns of Mexico, they arrived to Mexico city, educated themselves at the UNAM or Politecnico which are free and became succesful self made men, my own family emigrated from Veracruz to Mexico city seeking oportunities, and they had to work their butts off, but they were able to build a nice middle class life for them and for me and my brother, my adult life hasn't been a cakewalk either but I've managed to make a decent and honest living of what I like.

Some great Mexicans, if you think they are "white" here in Mexico they'd be considered moreno claro, but nobody really makes that differences here, we find them stupid, Mexican is Mexican

Frida Khalo a great Mexican Painter

Ana Guevara, great Mexican athlete

http://www.facom.ufba.br/com050/images/salma74.jpg (broken link)

Salma Hayer, great Mexican actress

Octavio Paz: Nobel Prize in Literature 1990

Gael Garcia, great Mexican actor

Victor Ezcurdia, Top Mexican Dj

Cafe Tacvba, Top Mexican Band

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-25-2007 at 02:03 PM..

Old 11-25-2007, 02:47 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,954,232 times
I have started reading a book called "Always Running" by Luis Rodriguez. Its about a young Mexican Immigrant who goes through his early life in a Gang and all that comes from that life style or "La Vida Loca". It seems that many of what we talk about today, groups such as MeCHa, Brown Berets, La Raza weren't meant to be racist at all. More of a Civil Rights thing. I see how minorities were treated by the whites in those times and the anger they have reflects in their words today. It is the same attitude that comes from a lot of African Americans as well. That Rebellious attitude that says "Hey man, do you see how your ancestors treated mine? Well like your ancestor made my ancestors life miserable, I will do likewise."

Old 11-25-2007, 02:55 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,754,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
That Rebellious attitude that says "Hey man, do you see how your ancestors treated mine? Well like your ancestor made my ancestors life miserable, I will do likewise."
Yes, because we all know the old saying..Two wrongs make a right!

And let's not forget my old favorite...Blame all of the ills in your life on the progeny of those who made your progenitor's lives difficult. I mean, all cats are black in the dark aren't they? Why place the blame where it belongs, in the past, when you can blame somebody in the present whose only crime is being born with the same skin color?

Makes perfect sense to me.

Old 11-25-2007, 02:57 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,441,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

And let's not forget my old favorite...Blame all of the ills in your life on the progeny of those who made your progenitor's lives difficult. I mean, all cats are black in the dark aren't they? Why place the blame where it belongs, in the past, when you can blame somebody in the present whose only crime is being born with the same skin color?

Are there any other races besides the human race? if you think there are, it's because you are looking through the eyes of ego (imho) because the heart doesn't know any races

Old 11-25-2007, 03:23 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,564,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Blaming folks who are now dead is a never-ending, no-win game. One of the favorite slogans of the "open borders" folks at the Prop 187 and Prop 209 rallies in past years was a sign reading "YOUR ancestors came from somewhere else" (Sometimes this was even addressed personally to Calif Gov. Pete Wilson, the "demon" of the pro-illegals). The implication, of course, is that "you--(the legal American population)--are here only because your ancestors came from abroad--so you have no moral right to stop US now from coming"...

Well, as far as that goes, of course, that's correct..."My"...(or "our") ancestors DID come from somewhere else (or, in the case of a few Hispanics, were already LIVING here, and were "grandfathered" in as citizens)---and YOUR ancestors did NOT. So now, these many years later, I am a citizen, and YOU are not...all true enough..

But whose fault is that? Are you blaming ME? I was born here. Are you blaming my ancestors? They came here at great personal inconvenience and risk....also, they're DEAD now.

Nevertheless, if you INSIST on blaming somebody, how about blaming YOUR ancestors? If YOUR ancestors had come here when MINE did, they'd have found lots of room, lots of work for poorly-educated, illiterate people with huge families, and few laws regarding immigration. All you basically had to do then was SHOW UP, and you had a job. We could have USED your ancestors.

For one reason or another, though, your ancestors DIDN'T come here. Instead, they stayed home. And now, the rules of the game have changed. We no longer have many jobs for unskilled people. We are running out of space. Our society is high-tech, and highly regulated, and a career takes lots of preparation and education. So now, when you show up at this late date, you're basically "S.O.L.". The "window of opportunity" that existed 100 years ago has shut. You may "need" a job, but we can't accomodate many of YOU.

Sorry for this harsh message, but you have no right to be mad at me, or my ancestors. I hope you're not mad at ALL--- but if you insist, you'd make a lot more sense by being mad at YOUR ancestors. THEY are the ones who "let you down". They didn't come--they lost their opportunity to come---they "missed the boat". And now we don't really "need" you. You're at least 2 generations too late. The door is just about closed.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:32 PM

A lot of the minutemen call the illegals cowards, yet the european immigrants we're fleaing their country of cowardly causes as well.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:35 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,155,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I have started reading a book called "Always Running" by Luis Rodriguez. Its about a young Mexican Immigrant who goes through his early life in a Gang and all that comes from that life style or "La Vida Loca". It seems that many of what we talk about today, groups such as MeCHa, Brown Berets, La Raza weren't meant to be racist at all. More of a Civil Rights thing. I see how minorities were treated by the whites in those times and the anger they have reflects in their words today. It is the same attitude that comes from a lot of African Americans as well. That Rebellious attitude that says "Hey man, do you see how your ancestors treated mine? Well like your ancestor made my ancestors life miserable, I will do likewise."
Funny you mentioned 'Always Running'......I read a few excerpts from that book a few weeks ago.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Funny you mentioned 'Always Running'......I read a few excerpts from that book a few weeks ago.

Great book, I highly suggest it. I personally cannot put it down.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:41 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,155,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
travellingfella,

Not true at all:

A friend of mine; Mexico born and raised, is of 100% White Russian Jewish heritage------and, is proud of being Mexican

Remember that Hispanic culture is very White Supremacist: the standard of beauty in any Latin American country is white skin and blue eyes.

Hence the criollos (Latinos of Spanish descent) typically avoiding Mestizos let alone Indians.

I read a sad story about a 'brown' Latina from Peru or similar; she visited Spain and was treated like crap due to not being White------headed to WASP Great Britain and was treated much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration