Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 03:42 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,465,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Sat., Latinos had L.A. downtown march of 17,000, and planning big boycott for May 1.
They are planning a children's immigrant parade for August!
Last week teens walked out of schools to demand Cesar Chavez national holiday and to get legaliziation.

Everywhere I turn in L.A. I hear or read 'Latino Pride'. Is this going on in other areas? There are a few English speaking tv shows for Latinos, one is "American Latino" on ABC; Latino accomplishments, even women's club that goes in cold water and host said we are wrong to think they don't like cold. At beginning of show and after each Spanish commerical and the end of show they say "This is American Latino where we celebrate Latino pride." Then I read the news with same words, also see it now on signs at bus stops and on bill boards. News said there are many bill boards illegally put up in Latino areas and the county is now faced with taking them down.

L.A. is over half Latino for some time. I don't understand why a majority has to constantly speak of their pride for themselves to others.

News today said Santa Ana, Ca. is 80% Latino now and city is going to spend big money to teach them English.
JEESH!!! Why don't they just spend fewer dollars and teach the last few remaining LEGAL ENglish speaking Americans Spanish? Sounds like you're being overrun there. It's so sad that it's come to this. Can't figure out what part of ILLEGAL some people (including politicians) can't understand.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:10 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,090,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissMister View Post
If Im proud to be white? Then Im a racist also. Im proud to be a LEGAL, Swiss Immigrant from Switzerland, and the fact that Mexicans can come into the country illegally and then the US government leaders decide to turn their backs on their own people and go pro-illegal? Its sickening.
Your words describe the way the majority of Americans feel, we do NOT want illegal immigration...we want to preserve our way of life the way it was.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:16 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,090,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
And so is your rhetoric, but guess what - in my country you have the right to say it. Welcome to my house, mi casa es tu casa and if you don't agree with our standards - so what?

Who exactly belongs to this group of "own people' - you know what is truly sickening - wanna be U.S. Citizens like you, yup- you got your papers or visa or whatever document you hold dearly, but your attitude Sucks, that kind of thinking belongs back in the Swiss Alps - what are you doing here? it's people like you that have contributed to our decline - oh sorry, thought you were a mescan - your legal, but you're still contributing to the decline of our society.
SwissMister is correct, and it's people like him that have helped our country, while it's people like you who contribute to America's decline, greatly.

Old 04-14-2007, 04:35 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,481,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
And so is your rhetoric, but guess what - in my country you have the right to say it. Welcome to my house, mi casa es tu casa and if you don't agree with our standards - so what?

Who exactly belongs to this group of "own people' - you know what is truly sickening - wanna be U.S. Citizens like you, yup- you got your papers or visa or whatever document you hold dearly, but your attitude Sucks, that kind of thinking belongs back in the Swiss Alps - what are you doing here? it's people like you that have contributed to our decline - oh sorry, thought you were a mescan - your legal, but you're still contributing to the decline of our society.
I'll bet SwissMister has at least a HS education, is employed and doesn't have 8 kids. Plus he speaks English. He is NOT contributing to the decline of American society. If anything, he is trying to help stabilize things.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:07 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,879,520 times
I have no problem with Latino Pride or Marches,but what gets to me is when some of these events are Extremely Disrespectful to America and to Americans,such as...

1) Carrying the American Flag Upside Down.

2) Removing The American Flag from a Pole and replacing it with a Mexican Flag.

3) Crossing out California on a Billboard and replacing it with Mexico.

4) Throwing the American Flag to the ground and stomping on it and spitting on it.

Alot of these things that were done are Against The Law and Insulting to our Country and to the American People,and yet they were able to get away with it on U.S Soil ??? Imagine if Americans did something like that in Mexico.

I really don't understand why they have so much Anger and Hatred toward this Country,when this Country is what is giving them a Better Quality of Life and Better Opportunities.

Why don't they protest like this in Mexico and demand the Mexican Government for Improvements,but instead they come to the U.S and Bite The Hand That Feeds Them???

If someone can give me a better understanding of why they do this,then it will help ease my mind of all this confusion for their cause.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:28 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,834,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
I have no problem with Latino Pride or Marches,but what gets to me is when some of these events are Extremely Disrespectful to America and to Americans,such as...

1) Carrying the American Flag Upside Down.

2) Removing The American Flag from a Pole and replacing it with a Mexican Flag.

3) Crossing out California on a Billboard and replacing it with Mexico.

4) Throwing the American Flag to the ground and stomping on it and spitting on it.

Alot of these things that were done are Against The Law and Insulting to our Country and to the American People,and yet they were able to get away with it on U.S Soil ??? Imagine if Americans did something like that in Mexico.

I really don't understand why they have so much Anger and Hatred toward this Country,when this Country is what is giving them a Better Quality of Life and Better Opportunities.

Why don't they protest like this in Mexico and demand the Mexican Government for Improvements,but instead they come to the U.S and Bite The Hand That Feeds Them???

If someone can give me a better understanding of why they do this,then it will help ease my mind of all this confusion for their cause.
How about Americans burn some Mexican flags during the next Illegal alien protest?? The illegals are buring US flags, taking the US flag down and putting the Mexican flag up in Mexifornia... I mean California...

Hey California is STILL part of the USA, right? Miami, FL is basically part of Puerot Rico, Haiti, and Mexico now. They will divide up Miami and claim independence there.

So Cali is still USA, right???

Old 04-20-2007, 08:37 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,754,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
How about Americans burn some Mexican flags during the next Illegal alien protest?? The illegals are buring US flags, taking the US flag down and putting the Mexican flag up in Mexifornia... I mean California...

Hey California is STILL part of the USA, right? Miami, FL is basically part of Puerot Rico, Haiti, and Mexico now. They will divide up Miami and claim independence there.

So Cali is still USA, right???
No, not really......

Old 04-20-2007, 09:14 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,470,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Can't figure out what part of ILLEGAL some people (including politicians) can't understand.
I still can't figure out why people don't understand they only come here for the money. "Show me the Money Jerry"

Old 04-20-2007, 09:17 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,754,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I still can't figure out why people don't understand they only come here for the money. "Show me the Money Jerry"
I still can't figure out how in the world, in this age of information technology, you can continue to hold on to such a naive view of illegal immigration.

Guess we're both a bit confused.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:26 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,470,296 times
Do you honestly believe Kele they don't come here for the money or you don't want to admit it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.