Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 06:18 PM

804 posts, read 1,360,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAndBroke View Post
I know someone who went though this same thing she took him in divorce court for big bucks.poor guy nice fella just got so lonley he wanted to belive a russian woman was honestly in love he even gave money to her family.
Prenup
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 06:22 PM

804 posts, read 1,360,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastelito de limon View Post
Well, some people have it coming. Specifically the people who go overseas to get marriage brokers to link them up with a foreign woman. Pleeaaase, do they really expect "love" out of that? They don't have the tiniest inkling that maybe the female is marrying to get out of poverty and into a nice house? It's wrong, but foreseeable.
Now, if I met someone I hit it off with, dated them and ended up marrying them...then figured out they'd strung me along? Yeah they wouldn't get a green card because they'd be six feet under...

I don't quite understand this, why would people go so far to find someone who was brought up in a culture so different than your. If you live over there for a while and know what you are getting into ok, but to go over there and go to a "marriage broker" seems a little desperate.

It's not like it's difficult to find someone here, there's quite a bit of single people here... many of them really interesting.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:31 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
It is most common among E.European women. Especially the Russians. Buyer beware comes to mind.
I am married to a foreign national and our marriage of 6 years has been story book in most if not all ways. But then we didn't meet through a dating site or or a broker. Anyone who would shop for a spouse in such a manner pretty much deserves the screwing they get.
The sad fact is though many of these brides do in fact fall victim to the scum bag who married them.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Marry them and live in Russia with them!!
Idiots, plain and simple.

You get what you pay for!

Old 05-31-2009, 08:37 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Marry them and live in Russia with them!!
Idiots, plain and simple.

You get what you pay for!
Yes -- true love doesn't exist only in the USA. It's always amazing to me how many of these couples believe they can't stay together in the country of the other but will have a blissfull union in the USA.

If someone marries an illegal, that person should be willing to go home with his/her illegal, they would if there was any real love.

There will always be marriages with foreign citizens -- one big reason is the military stations single people in foreign countries, and there are obviously plenty of other ways for people to meet one another and fall in love, but there are legal ways in place to accomodate this.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:27 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
It is also sad for all others trying so hard to get a green card in a legal way without a marriage or anything like it...since it is almost impossible to obtain a green card, people will do stupid things.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:42 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,613,721 times
It's common knowledge those Eastern European "mail order brides" are mostly hookers.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:27 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,877,240 times
I've heard that Russian/Ukrainian women are specialized in this kind of scam, but never heard of Thai/Filipino women doing that, it must be some special slavic thing.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:03 PM

1 posts, read 917 times
Pastelito de limon, you are so wrong, it's pathetic. I AM the other person, David Steinle, in that video. I did not go to some marriage broker. I was at a friend's birthday party in Sao Paulo and met my ex. What you don't understand is that 99% of ALL foreign brides (I am estimating, but I am certain I have much more experience than you do in this) know more about immigration laws than their sponsoring US citizen husband. They coach each other on what to do, what to say, etc. Then, the police and DA help them with the rest. That's right, the police and DA HELP them. Why? Because they get federal funds for any and all domestic violence arrests. I am talking MILLIONS of dollars here. They knew my ex was lying, they helped her change her story several times, helped her write the letters to USCIS to get her permanent status. As for men being suckers...who had any idea the system, our OWN system, worked against the US Citizen the way it does? You sure didn't. I didn't, but I do now. As I said above, these girls get HELP from the authorities. The police and DA tell them what to say, the falsify evidence, they coach them through the whole thing. Watch the video, the guy in the mustache is a friend of mine, a retired Homeland Security agent that worked with ICE for over 20 years. He's seen so many of these cases, it's a national security risk in many ways.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
translation - american guys re desperate. deperate people do stupid stuff. we need a pill asap. the women got the pill, they are free-- we wana be too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration