Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 05:39 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,430,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
My, my, my. . . aren’t we testy.

I even used the pro-illegal Bible (Pew) as a source. I also referenced Hispanic articles to avoid any accusations of bias or ASSumptions.

Granted, all of the growth did not occur in the past 10 years. Nevertheless, immigration, particularly illegal immigration, cannot be denied as being a major factor. Nor, can the fact that the Hispanic population has skyrocketed.

Mexican Immigrants in the United States, 2008 - Pew Research Center

Latino Children: A Majority Are U.S.-Born Offspring of Immigrants - Pew Research Center

USATODAY.com - U.S.-born Hispanics drive growth

Ramirez: Hispanics Poised To Flex Muscle in Politics, Policy | NDN

CNY Latino - ...from the Latino community for everyone in Central New York (http://www.cnylatino.com/EN/population.html - broken link)

Habla Espanol (http://mooreschool.sc.edu/moore/research/Publications/BandE/bande50/50n4/habla.html - broken link)

*crickets*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 05:41 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,482,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
All this hate talk leads to this at the end. You can't tell who is Illegal or legal.
White teens kill man for 'being hispanic' // Current
There is a list of victims from illegals on this site what about them. There are more of them than the other way around.

CRIME VICTIMS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS

There is an enormous number of Americans who have been harmed by the criminals who pass through the nation's open borders. For that reason, this section can only provide a symbolic tribute to the many unnamed victims who have been killed, raped, robbed, crippled and otherwise personally violated.
It is particularly shocking that even in post-911 America, the government still refuses to protect the people in the most basic ways from the world's terrorists and criminals who enter at will to do as they please. The borders remain a sieve while the human carnage from crime perpetrated from illegal aliens continues to mount. In another stunner of INS malfeasance, the agency often cannot even manage to deport (http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/metro/1202/15aliencrime.html - broken link) dangerous criminal aliens when they reach the ends of their prison terms.

Crime victims of illegal aliens

Old 06-03-2009, 05:42 PM

10,184 posts, read 20,827,801 times
Old news that happened months ago, why drudge it up now? Not trying to sound insensitive to the victim, but you post this trying to make it sound as though this is an every day occurance. How many threads have you started about whites being killed by other races?

Old 06-03-2009, 05:44 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,234,296 times
Jose Pacheco was looking for a Mexican to beat up? Hmm doesn't make sense but then again maybe he is Salvadoran.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:04 PM

709 posts, read 1,770,454 times
Quote:
Jose Pacheco was looking for a Mexican to beat up? Hmm doesn't make sense but then again maybe he is Salvadoran.
Jose Pacheco does not sound like a name a White American would have.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:11 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,685,912 times
thanks.

ok, thats quite abit to read. but your ASSumptions are still off. its not 75% of offspring. its closer to 50. and you say its illegal immigration. those studies say "immigrant". it definitely cant be that all those people are illegals...

still gots more to prove.

ill have more to say when im done reading. maybe even a retraction...
Quote:
My, my, my. . . aren’t we testy.

I even used the pro-illegal Bible (Pew) as a source. I also referenced Hispanic articles to avoid any accusations of bias or ASSumptions.

Granted, all of the growth did not occur in the past 10 years. Nevertheless, immigration, particularly illegal immigration, cannot be denied as being a major factor. Nor, can the fact that the Hispanic population has skyrocketed.

Mexican Immigrants in the United States, 2008 - Pew Research Center

Latino Children: A Majority Are U.S.-Born Offspring of Immigrants - Pew Research Center

USATODAY.com - U.S.-born Hispanics drive growth

Ramirez: Hispanics Poised To Flex Muscle in Politics, Policy | NDN

CNY Latino - ...from the Latino community for everyone in Central New York (http://www.cnylatino.com/EN/population.html - broken link)

Habla Espanol (http://mooreschool.sc.edu/moore/research/Publications/BandE/bande50/50n4/habla.html - broken link)

Old 06-03-2009, 07:33 PM

486 posts, read 985,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
thanks.

ok, thats quite abit to read. but your ASSumptions are still off. its not 75% of offspring. its closer to 50. and you say its illegal immigration. those studies say "immigrant". it definitely cant be that all those people are illegals...

To save you some back and forth with Benicar. Here is another thread were Benicar and I had the same discussion. You can try but she will stand by her assumptions, even when it isn't even mathematically possible:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...illegal-7.html

Old 06-03-2009, 11:46 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,598,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
thanks.

I believe you’re confused because we are discussing different issues. It is a fact that the majority of Hispanic “immigrants” living in this country are illegal aliens. It is also a fact that the majority of children of illegal aliens were born in this country. Review the data from my previous post, and you will discover that what I am saying is true.

1) 73% of the children of illegal aliens were born in this country. I mistakenly stated 75%. This is the most recent data.

2) 55% of the total Hispanic “immigrant” population are illegal aliens.

3) 50% of ALL Hispanic births in this country have been by illegal aliens.

4) 47% of ALL births in this country during the past decade were Hispanic.

Since the vast majority of children of illegal aliens were born in this country (73%), this indicates that the vast majority of adult illegal aliens either did not have children prior to illegally entering this country, or waited to have the bulk of their children here. Hmmm. . .

Given that the majority (55%) of Hispanic “immigrants” are illegal aliens, and 50% of all Hispanic immigrant births are by illegal aliens, it cannot be denied that illegal immigration is a major factor in the total growth of the Hispanic population in this country.

Quote:
So you’re denying the fact that the primary reason the Hispanic population in the U.S. has skyrocketed in the past 10 years is due to illegal immigration? Would you care to substantiate your claim? Add to that the fact that 75% of illegals’ offspring are born here.
Supporting data:

Quote:
The study, which analyzed census statistics, found that US-born children now account for 73 percent of all children of illegal immigrants.
Study: Number of children born to illegal immigrants jumps - The Boston Globe

Quote:
Nearly three-quarters of illegal immigrants' children were born in the USA and are citizens, according to a report released Tuesday.
Report: Most illegal immigrants' kids are U.S. citizens - USATODAY.com

Quote:
The study, which analyzed Census Bureau statistics, found that U.S.-born children now account for 73 percent of all children of illegal immigrants. And children of illegal immigrants — including those born overseas — now account for 6.8 percent of elementary and secondary school students nationwide and more than one in 10 students in Colorado, Arizona, California, Nevada and Texas.

The Census Bureau does not ask people their immigration status. So the authors used a technique that essentially estimates the number of legal immigrants using other government records such as visas issued, then subtracts that population from the total number of foreign born counted by the census to come up with the number of illegal immigrants.
Study: More kids born to illegal immigrants - The Denver Post

Old 06-03-2009, 11:55 PM

804 posts, read 1,362,771 times
Quote:
I believe you’re confused because we are discussing different issues. It is a fact that the majority of Hispanic “immigrants” living in this country are illegal aliens. It is also a fact that the majority of children of illegal aliens were born in this country. Review the data from my previous post, and you will discover that what I am saying is true.

1) 73% of the children of illegal aliens were born in this country. I mistakenly stated 75%. This is the most recent data.

2) 55% of the total Hispanic “immigrant” population are illegal aliens.

3) 50% of ALL Hispanic births in this country have been by illegal aliens.

4) 47% of ALL births in this country during the past decade were Hispanic.

Since the vast majority of children of illegal aliens were born in this country (73%), this indicates that the vast majority of adult illegal aliens either did not have children prior to illegally entering this country, or waited to have the bulk of their children here. Hmmm. . .

Given that the majority (55%) of Hispanic “immigrants” are illegal aliens, and 50% of all Hispanic immigrant births are by illegal aliens, it cannot be denied that illegal immigration is a major factor in the total growth of the Hispanic population in this country.

Funny thing is that tops 21 years from now, the parents and brothers of those children will have a path to citizenship, no matter if CIR passes or not.

It will be in the interest of U.S. taxpayers to really educate those "anchor" babies, otherwise all those illegal aliens now, are going to end up in welfare 30 years from now, since well they will be 30 years older, and this time they are legal.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:01 AM

31 posts, read 58,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Funny thing is that tops 21 years from now, the parents and brothers of those children will have a path to citizenship, no matter if CIR passes or not.

It will be in the interest of U.S. taxpayers to really educate those "anchor" babies, otherwise all those illegal aliens now, are going to end up in welfare 30 years from now, since well they will be 30 years older, and this time they are legal.
yep, and once again U.S. tax payers and American kids both get the shaft. Not saying what's wrong or right, just pointing out the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration