Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 12:55 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,974,319 times

Advertisements

Absolutely! There's already one hospital going through this in Florida. The trial starts soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Here we go again. If they provide treatment and he dies, his wife, with the help of MALDEF and the ACLU, will file a malpractice suit against the hospital and doctor. They will accuse the hospital of contributing to his death by delaying treatment. Let him return to Mexico, and seek treatment there. It’s BS that hospitals in Mexico can’t perform the surgery. U.S. citizens can’t receive free surgery, so why should an illegal? This entire illegal alien situation is totally out of control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 12:56 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,818,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
This is family and person needs our prayers instead of hate.
But they're liars. There are perfectly fine and modern hospitals in Mexico. Mexico has hospitals that are quite advanced, there are surgeons in that country. Not only that - some Mexican doctors were educated in American and European medical schools. Mexico City has some very fine hospitals, excellent care is provided.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
so we go ahead and let this man die? because we must sit on our high horse and look at this man as a leech. I know many americans that would help out this man's family. It's about life and death and not about his status.
And as long as those people you know will come up with the money to pay for this man's hospital stay, medicines and doctor bills.....well that's another story. Why don't they all step up to the plate, hand over their cash and help him? He can then have that expensive USA surgery he wants.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:14 PM

50,508 posts, read 47,277,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Please find where I stated that I hate any of the members of this illegal alien family? There really is a VAST difference between hate and reality.

Please refrain from twisting my words to suit your new world order agenda.
OOOOOOh

I thought it was that Euro band New Order

Old 06-06-2009, 01:19 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,365,692 times
Quote:
so we go ahead and let this man die? because we must sit on our high horse and look at this man as a leech. I know many americans that would help out this man's family. It's about life and death and not about his status.
Why not? Americans languish and die due to lack of money to pay for expensive surgery all the time. Why should this man be any different? Why does he get special treatment?

If you feel so bad for him, pay for his surgery yourself. I'd rather my tax money go to help indigent Americans, not indigent fence jumpers. Or, as the others have said, ask Mexico or any of the various pro-illegal groups to pay for him. They won't either. So why should we?

Old 06-06-2009, 01:19 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,426,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
OOOOOOh

I thought it was that Euro band New Order

Old 06-06-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Why not? Americans languish and die due to lack of money to pay for expensive surgery all the time. Why should this man be any different? Why does he get special treatment?

If you feel so bad for him, pay for his surgery yourself. I'd rather my tax money go to help indigent Americans, not indigent fence jumpers. Or, as the others have said, ask Mexico or any of the various pro-illegal groups to pay for him. They won't either. So why should we?
That's a good point. His government could offer to pay for all the services and care he is provided here. That would change the picture somewhat.

It's not a matter of him not having a surgery. It's who will pay for it. And it's in what country it must take place.

I suspect that the surgery is offered in Mexican hospitals by good Mexican doctors but the family doesn't want to pay anything for the surgery.

If they were paying, obviously it would be far cheaper to have it in Mexico but that's not what they want, they want him to have the surgery and they don't want to pay a solitary dime.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:05 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,426,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't feel sorry for him because he's lying that there are no hospitals in Mexico. There are and in fact there are some good ones. There are hospitals, the Social Seguro hospitals, medical clinic, curanderos, and brujeros. Lots of standard western medicine practices, pharmacies and lots of alternative medicine practices -- in his own country.
Except their problem is mexican nationals or not, medical services aren't free. Paying on a sliding fee scale in mexico pales in comparison to blackmailing and guilting America into giving them everything they demand for free.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:40 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,193,100 times
Quote:
You are missing the point is not about illegals or legals is about some ones life that matters more then his status.
Try again.

As an American; why in the hell should I have to pay in excess of $200 a month for health insurance yet an illegal alien loser gets help for free?

Old 06-06-2009, 02:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,193,100 times
Quote:
Since many an American dies courtesy of not being able to afford health care-----------why should Gustavo receive it on my dime?

Stabilize the man then ship his butt back home to Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration