Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 02:05 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Back on topic please. The immigration raid proved that this lawlessness can be brought to a halt by raids. The Illegals and the illegal business need to be addressed. It's really that simple.
It's more complicated than that 1ATP. It's about the issue of illegal immigration that needs to be corrected and addressed. Finding the best possible solution for our economy as well. Through this raid by which dome were given temporary legal status, it has proven that when you take a great number of workers from a huge corporation like this one, the town looses tax payer money, puts a halt to the consumer and in turn affects our over all national economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 02:07 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
It's more complicated than that 1ATP. It's about the issue of illegal immigration that needs to be corrected and addressed. Finding the best possible solution for our economy as well. Through this raid by which dome were given temporary legal status, it has proven that when you take a great number of workers from a huge corporation like this one, the town looses tax payer money, puts a halt to the consumer and in turn affects our over all national economy.
Well, as I've stated before, it's just like towns during the gold rush. They will relocate and move forward. I don't believe that an illegal town is needed in the US at all.

I've seen many ghost towns in the mt areas, it's part of the transformation. If we let one survive it will invite more.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Well, as I've stated before, it's just like towns during the gold rush. They will relocate and move forward. I don't believe that an illegal town is needed in the US at all.

I've seen many ghost towns in the mt areas, it's part of the transformation. If we let one survive it will invite more.
Can you be more specific about the gold rush. I agree though that we don't need to have town filled with illegal immigrants which is why we need to enforce our borders. These immigrants, those that have legal status, can now get at least minimum wage and contribute once more to our economy.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Can you be more specific about the gold rush. I agree though that we don't need to have town filled with illegal immigrants which is why we need to enforce our borders. These immigrants, those that have legal status, can now get at least minimum wage and contribute once more to our economy.
During the gold rush towns sprouted up all over the mountains. Once the gold rush died many of the towns did too. All that meant was the people living and working there moved back to the Cities.

We have more than enough legal immigrants entering each year. A half a million every year is a huge amount of mouths to feed and we have limited natural resources.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
During the gold rush towns sprouted up all over the mountains. Once the gold rush died many of the towns did too. All that meant was the people living and working there moved back to the Cities.

We have more than enough legal immigrants entering each year. A half a million every year is a huge amount of mouths to feed and we have limited natural resources.
I remember reading about the gold rush in school but to be fair to the argument not enough to form an opinion of it. Will look it up later.

Regarding your statement about legal immigrants, I have not seen any low skilled immigrants granted a visa specifically for that purpose. We also can't afford, nor is it doable to remove 12 million illegal immigrants along with with children who are also citizens of this country. I also find it ironic that you say,"huge amounts to feed" when they actually come to work and many put food on our tables. No one is feeding them, they eat with the sweat off their backs. I also fail to see how we don't have enough resources. What does that mean? I've always though that when there is a need, we create an opportunity for more employment.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:28 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
I remember reading about the gold rush in school but to be fair to the argument not enough to form an opinion of it. Will look it up later.

Regarding your statement about legal immigrants, I have not seen any low skilled immigrants granted a visa specifically for that purpose. We also can't afford, nor is it doable to remove 12 million illegal immigrants along with with children who are also citizens of this country. I also find it ironic that you say,"huge amounts to feed" when they actually come to work and many put food on our tables. No one is feeding them, they eat with the sweat off their backs. I also fail to see how we don't have enough resources. What does that mean? I've always though that when there is a need, we create an opportunity for more employment.
Maybe it is about time to find out-------------especially in this deep recession.

Face it: said illegal aliens are expendable as far as the US economy is concerned............many jobs 'that Americans won't do' are looking good to our long term unemployed as of late. Even college educated Americans are now accepting menial work.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:

When ones first statement upon entering your country is ********* and your laws that is a powerful statement about what kind of person the individual is. Actions speak louder than words and the actions of illegals are loud and clear.
What about the displaced legal citizen? The low skilled types that once filled those jobs? Can we afford to support them all because illegals felt that they deserved the work more?
How can we afford to deport 12 million? Easy.. Make it impossible for them to live here and they will self deport. Sieze the assets of any illegal caught, remove the the reward and they will self deport.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:

If noone is hiring them how are they making money to feed their family? I'd say it has everything to do with social services. Here in CA we are in a severe water shortage. If we did like Ike about 5 million people would go home and we would have plenty of water.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:48 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:

The biggest looming shortage is water.

U.S. water supplies drying up - Environment- msnbc.com

Also, unless this country wants to keep burning coal, we are facing a looming power shortage. It takes years to get a nuclear power plant online and this country's commitment to renewable energy sources is weak at best. Plus, coal and oil are finite resources. Where do you think all this extra electricity is going to come from?

Equally important is the money shortage. I don't know if you realize this but many states and our federal government operate in a deficit. That money will have to be paid back eventually. Who do you think is going to pay it? Illegals flipping burgers and mopping floors? No, all they are going to do is make it worse by birthing more anchor babies and forcing us to pay to educate them and to provide them with free healthcare while the rest of us pay and pay and pay and pay.

You fail to see? Yeah. You do.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:07 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
If those folks are here legally begin with...........I have no major heartburn with them applying for dual citizenship.

Needless to say: while here in the USA..........they need to toe the line, just like any other American/green card holder.
My bad. They are actually Guatemalan citizens renewing passports and registering their anchor babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration