Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 02:02 PM

50,481 posts, read 47,209,181 times

Advertisements

Here is another "town", there is one even larger over 1500 people living in travel trailers in N California that is on private land. If these "towns" were to disappear I doubt anyone would care. No sewer systems, no real safe water supply and no trash removal. Sounds like the recipe for swine flu.

McGonigle Canyon Illegal Alien Camp*Video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 02:05 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,931,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Here is another "town", there is one even larger over 1500 people living in travel trailers in N California that is on private land. If these "towns" were to disappear I doubt anyone would care. No sewer systems, no real safe water supply and no trash removal. Sounds like the recipe for swine flu.

McGonigle Canyon Illegal Alien Camp*Video
It is sick that they are even allowed to stay in those places in the first place.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:57 AM

147 posts, read 212,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Illegal aliens cannot get welfare or medical benefits can you please get that thru your heads. Now the town has become a southdown town. No hispanics legal or illegal.

Get something through YOUR head, illegals CAN recieve Social Services, and more importantly, they live off of their childrens benefits. They recieve all kinds of services, so spare me please..

Old 06-10-2009, 02:17 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,050,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Wrong. The process works well at keeping out felons, people with infectious diseases, and people who do not have enough of an education to immigrate here. But that only applies to people who follow the process in the first place.

Our immigration process is not designed to accommodate anybody who wants to immigrate here. That is not the point of allowing immigration to this country. People need to get it through their heads that our immigration system does not exist to benefit immigrants, it exists to benefit the United States. The United States has decided, wisely, that importing endless hordes of unskilled, uneducated laborers is not beneficial to the United States. That is why people like that are "locked out" of the process.

Not everybody who wants to immigrate to this country will be able to do so. That is life, and it is not our problem. It is not a situation that needs to be "fixed."
That was precisely my point. I was trying to show the irony of a system that does not work. Of course we need to know who is coming in and enforce immigration laws. The only thing that I am not agreeing with you is that we do not need unskilled workers. We obviously do or we would not have 12 million illegal immigrants working them or at one point working them (now due to recession).

Old 06-10-2009, 02:23 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,050,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrapola1975 View Post
Get something through YOUR head, illegals CAN recieve Social Services, and more importantly, they live off of their childrens benefits. They recieve all kinds of services, so spare me please..
Illegal immigrants can receive medical benefits for their US born children. Yes, you are right but the medical benefit is only for the child. It is not given in cash unless the child has a disability. Its a card that you present to the doctor or hospital every time the child gets sick. Other than that, it is only food stamps and WIC and these will soon be terminated also. I could be wrong but most of the medical expenses are from hospital ER services which illegal immigrants up to this point can benefit. There is no way, an illegal immigrant family can live with that kind of aid. No way!

Old 06-10-2009, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
That was precisely my point. I was trying to show the irony of a system that does not work. Of course we need to know who is coming in and enforce immigration laws. The only thing that I am not agreeing with you is that we do not need unskilled workers. We obviously do or we would not have 12 million illegal immigrants working them or at one point working them (now due to recession).
Do you really believe that most Illegals were working even in 2006? Many studies showed that even the ones working only worked a few days a month. That isn't what I would consider "working".

Medical - The Illegal Parents use the ER but the child has full access to other medical offices. While I was there with my child I also saw Physicians treating the Parent if they had the same symptoms such as flu, etc. so, yes, their medical needs are taken care of even if it is only the ER. They cannot turn you away from the ER even if you have a hang nail.

Those visits are 100% paid for by Joe Tax Payer.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:21 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,335,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
The only reason they have those jobs instead of legal Americans is because corporate swine like to take advantage of them; that corporate swine is the other side of the coin and they need to be prosecuted and punished severely.

That is why they are attractive to employers, because they are illegal and not in a position to complain about anything. Legalizing them will not change that, it will just make them less attractive to employers and will usher in the next wave of illegals. It will solve nothing.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:58 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,582,349 times
Default Crackdown on illegals produces crime decline

Apparently, Prince William County, VA has no regrets. After enacting stringent anti-illegal laws, illegals fled their county, and the results are positive. Unfortunately, they didn’t return home, they simply relocated across the river to Maryland.

Quote:
Report confirms aggravated assault down by 36.5%

Following a crackdown on illegal immigration, officials in Prince William County in northern Virginia are reporting their numbers reveal a significant decrease in violent crimes committed.

The violent crime rate in Prince William County plummeted 22 percent in 2008, according to new reports.

In recent years, the county had experienced a steady influx of illegal immigrants that led to its development of one of the most aggressive immigration policies in the nation.

The county for a time required all police officers to question all detainees about their immigration status. In 2008 the county loosened the policy to require police officers to
Crackdown on illegals produces crime decline

Old 06-11-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Apparently, Prince William County, VA has no regrets. After enacting stringent anti-illegal laws, illegals fled their county, and the results are positive. Unfortunately, they didn’t return home, they simply relocated across the river to Maryland.

Crackdown on illegals produces crime decline
Wow, this is starting to divide States and Cities.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:15 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,171,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Wow, this is starting to divide States and Cities.
Time for Maryland to step up to the plate with its own anti illegal alien laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration