Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 09:32 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,410,212 times

Advertisements

Of course the country was taken illegally from Indians, ill gotten gains
conveniently forgotten by "Legals". The "illegal" are merely coming across a political boundary was put by Europeans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2007, 10:34 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,493,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
Yes she is the daughter of strawberry pickers, an American citizen who we should be proud. I hate to tell you this but Ted Kennedy is John Kennedy's brother and I know you will bring up his past but he is for amnesty and supports the more liberal of the bill for the undocumented workers. He too, along with the worse president ever,realizes that its impossible to make them all go home.
Seems like one of your heros Rush Limbaugh used ACLU in his last fight with the law over his drug use. Take a look at all the ACLU has done not whats its done that you don't like.
One of things I think that a lot of you are going to blame the undocumented on is your heart attacks, from hatred.
Those who are willing to take an unpopular stance against a legitimate threat to a civilzed and just society don't die of heart attacks.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:39 AM

4,802 posts, read 8,770,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
Of course the country was taken illegally from Indians, ill gotten gains
conveniently forgotten by "Legals". The "illegal" are merely coming across a political boundary was put by Europeans.
Oh geez, not this regurgitated, reconquista revisionist crap again.

I suppose the fact that Mexico zealously guards its borders from interlopers has conveniently escaped your notice. Or are the political boundries put in place by Mexico more acceptable and somehow more lawful than those put in place by Americans? Without borders, there are no countries. Of course, I know that anarchy is the preferable way of life for you reconquista proponents.

Mexico treats its indigenous population worse than second class citizens. Their indigenous Indian population is subjected the same sort of treatment that the Mestizos claim to abhor in Europeans. Ironic isn't it? The darker your skin is in Mexico, the less of a human being they consider you to be.

I have great sympathy and empathy for Native Americans. I am part Apache myself. I consider the taking of this country from the Native Americans to be a very touchy subject and there is no way that I can condone the actions of those who exterminated entire races of people in order to gain more land in this country.

That being said, Homo sapien sapien is a very violent animal. While many of us have a great capacity for compassion, it is the drive to accumulate land and riches that have driven our species since we began to lay down roots and build civilizations, rather than wandering from place to place as hunter/gatherer tribes. As civilizations grew, many began to systematically conquer others. That is how the geo-political boundries of the past were formed, and that is why the evolution of those battles for land and riches formed the geo-political borders of today. It's almost certain that our violent tendencies will continue to form the geo-political boundries and alliances of the future. I don't see that we will evolve past this behavior anytime soon.

Each human being on this planet shares 99% of his or her DNA with every other human being on Earth. Suffice it to say that all of us, somewhere in our genes, carries the genetic code of both a conquered people as well as a conqueror. Boundries are now what they are. Using revisionist history in order to condone illegal immigration shows an appalling lack of knowledge.

Mexico, after declaring its independence from Spain in 1821, with their actual Declaration of Independence finalized in 1823, owned land in America for only 25 years. The Gadsen Purchase encompassed the land which comprises modern day southern Arizona and southern New Mexico. Texans fought for their own independence from Mexico when Mexico's government, after offering the Texans lands in exchange for their Indian fighting abilities, decided they wanted the land back and the Texans to leave after the Texans subdued the Indian population. The Texans, in typical Texas fashion, said H*LL NO!

Alta California, which comprised the land from north of Baja California to modern day Monterrey, was nothing more than rancheros. There were no Mexican towns, and Mexico had no plans to further populate Alta California at that point. Alta California was run by those first and second generation Spanish/Mexicans who owned the rancheros and enslaved the California Native American population. When America wanted to incorporate Alta California into their already thriving (San Franscisco and north) state, Mexico barely put up a fight. They weren't prepared to fight for ranchland, they had plenty in Mexico. There were skirmishes for two years and then the treaty of Guadualupe Hidalgo was signed in 1848. Mexico kept Baja California, which they wanted, and America got Alta California, which Mexico really didn't care much about. In addition, Mexico received twenty one million dollars, a nice little chunk of change back then, for lands which they had not settled beyond rancheros. Not an unfair exchange.

Your statement does not make an argument for illegal immigration. Countries have boundries. Boundries should be respected. Mexico expects its boundries to be respected and illegal immigration in Mexico is dealt with quite harshly. Why should we expect anything less?

Old 04-15-2007, 01:23 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,093,283 times
Quote:
59 percent of undocumented workers i n the United states are men, without families, the birth rate for Latino women in this country is 3.2 percent in other words they average one child more than the average birthrate in the United States which is 2.1. Cuban Americans have even a lower birthrate than 2.1.
7.1 million undocumented workers paid income taxes last year using a number given them by the United states to do so.
Most young Mexican men are not having families here, one of the reasons that they can work for such low wages.
I live in an areas where there is a lot of Mexican and other nationalities and I am better for it.
Article posted by Jim280 "Runaway Legitimacy is Creating a New U.S. underclass", states in 2003 Hispanic woman had 92 births out of every 1000 and for teenage Hispanic girls it was 93 births out of every 1000, while white women had 22 births out of every 1000. It also states trend for Hispanics not to marry and be welfare mothers, and that social workers have been unable to curb Hispanic birth rates, and that it will cause an even 'larger' population increase in the coming decades....even more so than now. Alexander59 says 'most young Mexican men are not having families here', this is wrong...article states young and older Mexican men are the biological fathers of most of these kids, even if they are not married to mothers or supporting their kids, or happen to have families back in So. America.

Last edited by faith10; 04-15-2007 at 02:10 PM..

Old 04-15-2007, 01:46 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,776,241 times
Quote:
Yes she is the daughter of strawberry pickers, an American citizen who we should be proud. I hate to tell you this but Ted Kennedy is John Kennedy's brother and I know you will bring up his past but he is for amnesty and supports the more liberal of the bill for the undocumented workers. He too, along with the worse president ever,realizes that its impossible to make them all go home.
Seems like one of your heros Rush Limbaugh used ACLU in his last fight with the law over his drug use. Take a look at all the ACLU has done not whats its done that you don't like.
One of things I think that a lot of you are going to blame the undocumented on is your heart attacks, from hatred.
First of all I know who the drunk ted kennedy is and he ain't his brother John F. Kennedy. John Kennedy was my commander in chief when I was in army, never a more true American was born unlike that drunken woman killer his brother is. Second I can't stand rush limbaugh, TO far to the right for any real republican. Third, they are not undocumented, they are illegal aliens....look it up in Websters ! An undocumented, as you call them, can not give birth to an American citizen...And what makes you think that I an others hate them ? We just want them to follow the laws of our land as we would do if we were in their countries...That's all you bleeding heart liberals can say when any True American wants our laws upheld !!!! And the list is to long as to what the aclu has done to this country...but one would be that they stand up for child molesters, killers, rapist and they have come nothing but a commie org....

Old 04-15-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjukken View Post
Im confused...

does illigal immigrants pay TAX in us??

And can illigal imigrants geet help/money from us goverment??

coz this sounds weird for me. Here in norway the illigal immigrants who hide and work.
does not pay tax. And does not geet money from goverment.
If they geet cought they usaly be sendt home. tho in accidents health they do geet help. but will be sendt home and have to pay expencess. unless investigation finds that their situation grants them to live here.. then they have to pay tax and ar legal immigrants.

now on how many kids immigrantas geet.. Whoo cares.. its their way. and they have to pay for it them self. Tho if their legal immigrants they do have rights ofc. and that rights are the same as native. (here native is evryday norwegian) and this is how it shud be. legal immigrants are Norwegian. ur case they ofc are americans. And i gues Native americans cud say that all others are immigrants. tho thats a difrent discusion.

Here we even got those native norwegians. who produce kids to geet goverment founds. we geet a smal help per kid. this is to make sure safe enviroment for the kids.

to tax problems. yeas its right for evry extra person who geet govermental help. tax can raise. coz everything the goverment pay's out are from tax money. (and goverment buisnis. but when did those ever make money)
but u cant enforce 1 kid only per family... then u wud be like China... and no one wants that... or was it India..

Tj..
TJUKKEN, it's no wonder people are confused with the way our government here operates. Of the majority of illegals here, not very many pay taxes and many claim many dependents in order to have little money taken out of paychecks, and then do not file tax returns. Unfortunately, illegals get much help of all kinds by our government and this is why so many are here. Many illegal So. American women came to America and even more so right after the last amnesty for them in the 80's...they came to have their babies on American soil so they would be citizens. I know how the government in Norway operates, and the word is "normal". Your tax dollars are spent wisely to help all citizens, I think a good system. You do "NOT" have normal in American government anymore, the fight between the Republicans and Democrats...the conservatives and liberals. Illegals all need to be sent back but big business is dictating in both parties what happens with illegal immigration and borders. In the mean time, millions of citizens are put out of their homes no longer able to pay high cost of living with lowered wages all due to illegal immigration, and so America is losing it's middle class...just like Mexico and other third world countries.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladimnotthere View Post
Hooray! For a minute I thought I was in a terrible place! Thank you dusesean1986 for speaking up. I so agree with you.

Too many sheep being herded around our country these days. I am appalled at the abundance of ignorance that's threatening the country. How in the world did we let this cloud of intolerance overtake the nation? Really, I think we (the nation as a whole) have been ignoring some glaring truths about our leadership and the media mouthpieces.

Good grief! We are a nation of immigrants. Pick an issue that deserves intolerance, pick at the real issues that we need to pay attention to, like, um... the return of McCarthyism-like undermining of citizen rights because you have an opposing viewpoint to the leadership.... or family and friends are dying in a stubborn-minded war...
but there are more opportunities for people to express prejudice in a climate that gives false information as proof. Tells us its blue, when we know its green. But we follow anyway, being herded along like sheep.
Spoken like a true liberal, even with the word 'intolerance' where now wrong is seen as right, and right is seen as wrong.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:16 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,504,219 times
Quote:
59 percent of undocumented workers i n the United states are men, without families, the birth rate for Latino women in this country is 3.2 percent in other words they average one child more than the average birthrate in the United States which is 2.1. Cuban Americans have even a lower birthrate than 2.1.
7.1 million undocumented workers paid income taxes last year using a number given them by the United states to do so.
Most young Mexican men are not having families here, one of the reasons that they can work for such low wages.
I live in an areas where there is a lot of Mexican and other nationalities and I am better for it.

If you really believe what you just posted here you are in the dark on the immigration problem in this country. Take the time and do some more research on what you posted. By the way what is your source for these stats?

Old 04-16-2007, 12:36 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,213,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Article posted by Jim280 "Runaway Legitimacy is Creating a New U.S. underclass", states in 2003 Hispanic woman had 92 births out of every 1000 and for teenage Hispanic girls it was 93 births out of every 1000, while white women had 22 births out of every 1000.
Let's see...

That's 92+93+22 = 207.

1000 - 207 = 793

Okay, so who is having the other 793 babies if it isn't Hispanics and Whites? Is it those damm Latvians?

Old 04-16-2007, 01:51 AM

652 posts, read 2,809,384 times
When was the last time one of you saw an illegal alien couple walking without 5-10 kids in tow? Seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration