Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 10:08 AM

504 posts, read 1,764,993 times

Advertisements

I am going to say this one more time, get used to it they are here to stay.
My statistics were not from some liberal group they come from the census and a little research.
I am better off because I enjoy having them for neighbors, I like thier sense of humor, thier willingness to help.
Recently Plant City, crowned a lovely Mexican girl queen of the Strawberry Festival, she is the daughter of migrants, an honor student, she was the first queen that was Mexican American.
It seems like a lot of people meet Mexicans that are a lot different from the ones that I have known or know.
Again the old liberal label. Can't you people stop listening to Rush and form your own opinions and look up liberal or better yet, look up what John Kennedy said about liberalism, that's what liberals are, not a bunch of loony drug induced talk show hosts, like limbaugh, beck, hannity and the like, think liberal is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2007, 10:40 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,086,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
My statistics were not from some liberal group they come from the census and a little research.
I am better off because I enjoy having them for neighbors, I like thier sense of humor, thier willingness to help.
Recently Plant City, crowned a lovely Mexican girl queen of the Strawberry Festival, she is the daughter of migrants, an honor student, she was the first queen that was Mexican American.
It seems like a lot of people meet Mexicans that are a lot different from the ones that I have known or know.
Again the old liberal label. Can't you people stop listening to Rush and form your own opinions and look up liberal or better yet, look up what John Kennedy said about liberalism, that's what liberals are, not a bunch of loony drug induced talk show hosts, like limbaugh, beck, hannity and the like, think liberal is.

Ok, give us a link where you are getting your information. You say the Census, where exactly did you see that and you also listed a little research, what research exactly so I can read it too and find its source. Thanks.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:26 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,677,680 times
Quote:

I live around them and WORK WITH THEM everyday for the last 10 years. That is how I form my opinions I have seen and heard the problems they have caused here.. And we are not talking those born here or even the ones that come legally.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:26 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,436,038 times
I am fairly liberal and I do not support illegals from ANYWHERE.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:32 PM

Just Google birthrates for Mexican woman and you will find a lot to support and a lot that won't, but the Mexican woman's birthrates has actually gone down in Mexico from the 70's and eighties and even though Hispanics are the biggest population boom in this country it still is between 3.1 to 3.5 children born to a Mexican woman. Births in the United States are 99% recorded because it advantageous to do so. Just births in this country by undocumented workers with no insurance costs taxpayers 2.1 billion in 2003 which you might think its a lot it is but considering Neil Bush{brother to the worse president ever} Silverado Scandal which costs over 1 billion to taxpayers, during the Reagon years, a billion is not much. According to the Irs undocumented workers using Itin numbers paid billions of dollars in income tax from 1996 to 2003, Google, Even Workers in Us illegally pay taxes, its from market Watch and I am sure you can find other sources.
I know this is a pressing problem and we need to do something about it but the truth is they are here to stay, we will not deport them.
I have been reading these forums for a long time and I still have not heard one person come up with a decent logical way to end this problem, most of the people have unrealistic drastic measures that will not solve it, just make the problem worse.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:37 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,436,038 times
Mexican woman's birthrates has actually gone down in Mexico from the 70's and eighties

And the reason being, that they do not live in Mexico anymore..they live here now.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:53 PM

That's funny, Mexico actually has a shortage of young men. Its Mexican men for the most part that are coming here.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:56 PM

Great solution, cut them off, all of them, no jobs, no services, nothing. No reason to stay no reason to come.

The only ones that are a benefit are the legal ones that put back into society, not take. And yes the illegals pay some taxes, but you do realize they can claim up to 12 and have no federal or state taxes taken out. That is what the majority do. It isnt our job to take care of these people and their kids, no excuse in the world justifies taking advantage of the US and No a sense of humor doesnt make up for the billions lost.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
That's funny, Mexico actually has a shortage of young men. Its Mexican men for the most part that are coming here.
Yep leaving behind their families some never heard from again. No child support or help to the families. Check out the website made by mexican women asking their husbands to come home. People need to get it through their heads that not all are here for good intentions and mnay more are here just to take what we have and leave, why should we allow this?

Old 04-13-2007, 02:06 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,480,637 times
Quote:
Births in the United States are 99% recorded because it advantageous to do so.
Honey, you bet they are! The birth has to be officially recorded to qualify as an anchor baby.
Quote:
Just births in this country by undocumented workers with no insurance costs taxpayers 2.1 billion in 2003 which you might think its a lot it is but considering Neil Bush{brother to the worse president ever} Silverado Scandal which costs over 1 billion to taxpayers, during the Reagon years, a billion is not much.
Both of these fiascos have cost hard working US taxpayers billions of dollars, which is not amusing. Furthermore neither scenario should have happened. The SL industry should have been more carefully monitored and millions of pregnant illegals should never have been allowed in our country.
Silverado was a one-off, BUT ANCHOR BABIES ARE THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING. Not only does the taxpayer pay for delivery costs but also well child care in some states, the cost of education, the cost of educating any illegal siblings, WIC, school breakfasts and lunches, housing assistance for the family, a veritable cornucopia of benefits.
Attrition through enforcement of the laws already on the books is a vey reasonable way to encourage the majority to return home.[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration