Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 05:00 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,180,508 times

Advertisements

If they had parents in the US, why could no legal guardian come forward? Apparently it was more important for the parents to not take a chance on being deported, than to step forward, and claim their children. It seems they'd rather have the family separated, and the children deported, than chance their own deportation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 05:07 AM

163 posts, read 241,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Everyone has the right to speak their minds here, as long as it's on topic and within the ToS. Being a citizen or not is irrelevant.

Yac.
Yes, people absolutely have the right to speak their minds irrelevant of their status...HERE ON THIS FORUM. But in real life, if they are in this country illegally then they DO NOT have a say in anything pertaining to our laws or the way things are done or how this country is run.

It's gotten to the point that a lot of people feel that if you sneak into this country and take advantage of things that you are not really entitled to then you need to just shut up and be thankful for what you ARE getting because it's more than you deserve. You're not happy with what you've stolen? Too bad!

Old 06-23-2009, 05:29 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Let's remember that this is a PUBLIC forum and not your local voting poll. This is not a formal debate either and people from ALL over the world who don't even live in the states (Europe, Asia, etc. not just Houston, come here to voice their opinion. It bothers me more when someone who has never even been to the US posts because they have no clue what they are talking about. Kellem, your opinions are welcomed and enjoyed. Keep posting and voicing your opinion, it's your freedom of speech. Our Bill of Rights says so.

Now getting back to the subject at hand, law enforcement should not be targeting minors. They should be targeting adults. To deport them to a land they don't even know without the protection of their parents is in my opinion, a human rights violation.
Would that include "minors" who are violent illegal alien gangbangers, drug dealers, robbers, rapists, and murderers? Had San Francisco deported one particular adult while he was still a minor committing crimes, rather than protecting him through their sanctuary policies; he would not have been able to murder Mr. Bologna and his two sons. A gun, knife, or machete in the hands of a "minor" is just as lethal as in the hands of an adult.

Had I been an illegal alien, and my son was deported, I would have been on the first flight back to my country of origin to join him. I wonder what these "loving" parents would have done had their children not been permitted to return. I guess they would have had to fend for themselves.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:13 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,180,508 times
<<If I am a guest at someone's house and the house owner is performing a crime, I will certainly express my opinion on the matter to the owner.>>

It appears that as a guest in someone's house you also are very critical of their customs, and rules.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:25 PM

804 posts, read 1,362,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Would that include "minors" who are violent illegal alien gangbangers, drug dealers, robbers, rapists, and murderers? Had San Francisco deported one particular adult while he was still a minor committing crimes, rather than protecting him through their sanctuary policies; he would not have been able to murder Mr. Bologna and his two sons. A gun, knife, or machete in the hands of a "minor" is just as lethal as in the hands of an adult.

Had I been an illegal alien, and my son was deported, I would have been on the first flight back to my country of origin to join him. I wonder what these "loving" parents would have done had their children not been permitted to return. I guess they would have had to fend for themselves.
Then a recourse is available to treat a minor as an adult. And the highlighted area is not true, specially a knife or machete, is nowhere near as lethal at the hands of a 3 year old than an adult. (I might be in some cases but it cannot be generalized ) And even for U.S. citizens a minor gets afforded special treatment. Specially due to the fact that the growing mind of a minor is not considered to be the same as the grown mind of an adult. Same goes for people with diminished mental capacities.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:29 PM

27,219 posts, read 46,832,146 times
Do I get it right...are the cops now the bad guys for cracking down on felons who entered the country illegally. Shouldn't the parents and the kids be send back together and apply visa's just as all legals do?

isn't that the best for all people living here so at least we know if the were criminals already or good citizens....this isn't fair to legal aliens who go through the process as reuqired.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:30 PM

804 posts, read 1,362,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<If I am a guest at someone's house and the house owner is performing a crime, I will certainly express my opinion on the matter to the owner.>>

It appears that as a guest in someone's house you also are very critical of their customs, and rules.
As with anything is not a black/white thing, there are lots of shades of gray. If they don't set the table correctly, kids misbehave, people have manners different than my own, I would likely not say anything, it's their culture. If I go to their house and it's customary for them to do drugs, I would likely express my opinion, not participate, and likely never return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration