Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:40 AM

804 posts, read 1,363,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Nope then companies that hire will just have to be more "creative" and more competitive in wages and benefits.. Maybe creative in the form of hiring Prison inmates and U.S. citizens that are welfare recipients to pick crops, etc..
Really? kind of like all the customer support/technical support/telemarketing/collections/etc. companies who decided to be "creative" and send their job overseas. As many posters have noted a large percentage of the food supply is already being imported. This would just make that percentage higher.

Hiring people out of prisons, uhmm... what a brilliant idea... let me think who used to do this... Nazi germany out of concentration camps. Siemens (If I remember correctly) being one of the companies that benefited greatly. Immates should be trained, yes, to reduce re-incidence, but hiring out immates lends itself to way to many abuses, and a quick return to slavery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 10:49 AM

807 posts, read 1,305,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Really? kind of like all the customer support/technical support/telemarketing/collections/etc. companies who decided to be "creative" and send their job overseas. As many posters have noted a large percentage of the food supply is already being imported. This would just make that percentage higher.

Hiring people out of prisons, uhmm... what a brilliant idea... let me think who used to do this... Nazi germany out of concentration camps. Siemens (If I remember correctly) being one of the companies that benefited greatly. Immates should be trained, yes, to reduce re-incidence, but hiring out immates lends itself to way to many abuses, and a quick return to slavery.

Comparing hiring people in Prisons to perform some PAID work as part of their sentence to NAZI Germany completely invalidates your argument.. Also, the many abuses that you speak of already exist that is with companies and employers hiring Illegal Workers..

I'm not defending the practice of outsourcing, however, in outsourcing it is NOT U.S. citizens that have to pick up the tab for folks that drop anchor babies and act as though they are entitled to U.S. taxpayer funded benefits.. Also in "Outsourcing" many "outsourced" workers do NOT bring their criminal enterprises into the U.S. and commit crimes like stolen SSN's etc as we have seen with Illegal Aliens..

Old 06-30-2009, 10:51 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,215,729 times
Quote:
You left out the part when, employers cannot compete with foreign goods, go out of business or move their operations to somewhere more afordable and the Americans who are willing to work for livable wage are now unemployed yet again, except there are no IA's to blame it on. Wow, what a concept? indeed.
I will take my chances @ what you described.

Face it: Mexico in particular needs us a lot more than we need it. Besides: I would much rather have Mexicans working in Mexico legally than being here illegally with all of the attendant ramifications.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:57 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,377,399 times
Quote:
You left out the part when, employers cannot compete with foreign goods, go out of business or move their operations to somewhere more afordable and the Americans who are willing to work for livable wage are now unemployed yet again, except there are no IA's to blame it on. Wow, what a concept? indeed.
So if employers pay a decent wage, they can't survive. Without illegals, our country would fail, is that basically what you're saying? More pro-illegal propaganda BS. The companies that can't survive without illegals deserve to go out of business. If the US cannot survive without paying peasant wages then we don't deserve to exist as a country.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Comparing hiring people in Prisons to perform some PAID work as part of their sentence to NAZI Germany completely invalidates your argument.. Also, the many abuses that you speak of already exist that is with companies and employers hiring Illegal Workers..

I'm not defending the practice of outsourcing, however, in outsourcing it is NOT U.S. citizens that have to pick up the tab for folks that drop anchor babies and act as though they are entitled to U.S. taxpayer funded benefits.. Also in "Outsourcing" many "outsourced" workers do NOT bring their criminal enterprises into the U.S. and commit crimes like stolen SSN's etc as we have seen with Illegal Aliens..
But also outsourced workers do not pay income taxes to the U.S. and when they spend their money, it does not go into the U.S. or state sales taxes. When they use services they do not employ individuals in the U.S.

Look at this table and try to figure out what is wrong with this picture, and tell me if you think that outsourcing the jobs of illegal aliens ( and deporting the illegal aliens) would be better, than removing welfare from illegal aliens and letting them work.

http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/...ical/gands.txt

Who do you think have to pick up the tab for the gigantic deficit of the import/export balance? As things stand right now the U.S. owes around $11 trillion, or about $35K per U.S. individual. Do you think that is going to get better by shipping more jobs overseas? Don't be so naive as to think that the you will not have to pay the tab of letting those jobs be outsourced instead of done in-house by IA's.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:21 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,467,545 times
Good article.

I am having work done on my house as we speak. My American contractor is only using American labor.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:51 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,215,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
So if employers pay a decent wage, they can't survive. Without illegals, our country would fail, is that basically what you're saying? More pro-illegal propaganda BS. The companies that can't survive without illegals deserve to go out of business. If the US cannot survive without paying peasant wages then we don't deserve to exist as a country.
Quote:
But also outsourced workers do not pay income taxes to the U.S. and when they spend their money, it does not go into the U.S. or state sales taxes. When they use services they do not employ individuals in the U.S.

Look at this table and try to figure out what is wrong with this picture, and tell me if you think that outsourcing the jobs of illegal aliens ( and deporting the illegal aliens) would be better, than removing welfare from illegal aliens and letting them work.

Who do you think have to pick up the tab for the gigantic deficit of the import/export balance? As things stand right now the U.S. owes around $11 trillion, or about $35K per U.S. individual. Do you think that is going to get better by shipping more jobs overseas? Don't be so naive as to think that the you will not have to pay the tab of letting those jobs be outsourced instead of done in-house by IA's.
Kellem: refer to the part of SimpleMan's post that I bolded. He is 100% correct.

As for the trade deficit bit: if/when China collapses---------they will be puking out $$$ like no tomorrow which will find its way back to the USA.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Kellem: refer to the part of SimpleMan's post that I bolded. He is 100% correct.

As for the trade deficit bit: if/when China collapses---------they will be puking out $$$ like no tomorrow which will find its way back to the USA.
Someone has to be paid peasant wages, the socio-economical class system is a pyramid, not a cube, a box, a circle or an inverted pyramid, but a regular pyramid. Some people will be at the top, and some will be at the bottom. Right now IA's and un-skilled Americans are at the bottom. If the IA's are ever gone, someone has to fill their place.

Ok, so more American want non-peasant wages (even though thats what their skill qualify them to be), they get their wages, now there is more money for them to spend, they demand more goods, prices rise, inlation occurs, and even though now they get the wages they were asking for their "buying power" returned to the same as before.

Why would you think that If China colapses their money would come to the U.S., the money will go to the nation with the cheapest labor and best infrastructure to supply their demands. If we have these inflated wages, with a lack o infrastructure due to businesses outsourcing, I don't think the U.S. would be a great candidate for China's money.

I think it's in human nature to have a class system, where some people (usually the majority) are peasants, with peasant wages, and I do not think this is changing anytime soon. Some time ago, the U.S. had peasants too, but when compared to other nations, the U.S. in general were in the top o the pyramid. Now, the global pyramid has been shifting, and the U.S. losing its place at the top, so the peasants here, who are starting to see the tops and middles of other nations above them are starting to complain.

You want a higher quality of life while on a peasant's salary? That it's only going to happen if the U.S. starts climbing the global pyramid again. But until the welfare culture disapears, and that import/export balance is back iin the black (due to innovation not tariffs) it's not going to happen. IA's here or not.

Try to think about all the great civilizations, has any of them not had access to cheap labor? Why would you think the U.S. would be any different? If we remove the current peasants, the only thing that is going to happen is that the current middle will go on to form the next peasant class.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:06 PM

807 posts, read 1,305,548 times
Quote:

Outsourced workers however, that work for example in Call Centers, LEARN ENGLISH!!! and are Americanized.. Outsourced workers also do not bring the gangs or other problems into the U.S. with them..

However, I do agree that Outsourcing is Equally as detrimental to Illegal Immigration in the grand scheme of the economy.. I am opposed to Both Outsourcing and Illegal Immigration as both have created a destruction of American jobs..

Old 06-30-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Outsourced workers however, that work for example in Call Centers, LEARN ENGLISH!!! and are Americanized.. Outsourced workers also do not bring the gangs or other problems into the U.S. with them..

However, I do agree that Outsourcing is Equally as detrimental to Illegal Immigration in the grand scheme of the economy.. I am opposed to Both Outsourcing and Illegal Immigration as both have created a destruction of American jobs..

What about importing of goods manufactured in another country? are you opposed to that as well? Since it is as well detrimental to the U.S. economy, by taking manufacturing jobs away and shipping profits ou of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration