Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 08:30 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Not exactly health care, but my wife's sister has worked for years in the 'school lunch' program in LA County, and has all KINDS of stories of large family groups showing up at school for both breakfast AND lunch...as many as 5, 6 or 7 people..parents, elderly folks, toddlers....all eating 'free' due to ONE family member in the third or fourth grade who's legally entitled to it. The rest of the family eats 'off the books', and this is tolerated with a 'wink'. In fact, sometimes the ADULTS eat while the true beneficiaries (their student kid) dumps THEIR meal, uneaten, into the nearest trash can and heads for the vending machine for a candy bar.

Are these folks legal? Some undoubtedly are, but a large portion are not. Can anyone see why this MIGHT be costing the taxpayers some money? And few people even know it goes on.

This info is about 2 years old (my SIL quit the job), and I can't say whether this still goes on. But in a state that has to close its DMV every other Friday or so, because it can't afford to keep it OPEN....this HAS to be a drain on the budget.
I've seen the same thing yet more discreet, the child has to get the tray and food then drops it off at the table during breakfast for everyone to feast. I quit volunteering the cafeteria after seeing the fraud and waste. I'd rather stack library books.

We quit inviting some of these kids to our kid's b day parties because of the same behavior. You invite one and get the package deal. Five or six people can over budget your bday lunch plan pretty quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 08:32 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Illegals can most certainly get auto liability insurance if they choose to get it.

All those stolen identities could also buy liability insurance but that's the only time a stolen identity doesn't work?

Some illegals do have insured cars because they purchase them in other people's names and the insurance is purchased in those names. I know for a fact that some illegals actually do have liability insurance even though they have no drivers license or they use their Mexican drivers license.
At least the tags would look legal until they of course expired. Escondido has it right doing random road block checks.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:07 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,314,963 times
Default The definition of a Conservative is ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Many a liberal has turned 'bitter' once this country's 'goodness' gets taken advantage of.

... a Liberal who has been mugged!

Old 07-31-2009, 06:00 PM

53 posts, read 93,197 times
when illegal immigrants use health care and education the government has to pay for it.

there are lots of illegal immigrants in california so that could be why some people dont like it.

BUT lots of californians want the illegal immigrants so unless another prop187 comes out i think most illegal immigrants will stay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration