Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 09:24 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times

Advertisements

Germany doesn't nearly have the range of people we do here. California, for example, is one of the most diverse places in the world.

It is trivial. Census data also helps dictate where funds go, redistricting, and help determine representation. These are LARGE issues. If you do not obtain an accurate description, this can lead to VERY large problems down the line. Lack of representation, lack of funds, odd districts... Allocation of over $100 billion is at stake. People would like to see that money spent wisely.

At a local level, the census is used to determine civic planning.

So yeah, spending money to create an accurate census is actually saving more in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 02:52 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Germany doesn't nearly have the range of people we do here. California, for example, is one of the most diverse places in the world.

It is trivial. Census data also helps dictate where funds go, redistricting, and help determine representation. These are LARGE issues. If you do not obtain an accurate description, this can lead to VERY large problems down the line. Lack of representation, lack of funds, odd districts... Allocation of over $100 billion is at stake. People would like to see that money spent wisely.

At a local level, the census is used to determine civic planning.

So yeah, spending money to create an accurate census is actually saving more in the long run.
As I said, it is ridiculous to count those in our country illegally on the census. They are not citizens or legal residents. It gives unfair representation in congress in districts that have a high percentage of illegal aliens. Illegal aliens can't even vote so why should they get representation in our government? We shouldn't be spending any taypayer funds on illegal aliens. Our states need to demand that the federal government secure our borders and deport them all therefore we wouldn't need funds to take care of them.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
As I said, it is ridiculous to count those in our country illegally on the census. They are not citizens or legal residents. It gives unfair representation in congress in districts that have a high percentage of illegal aliens. Illegal aliens can't even vote so why should they get representation in our government? We shouldn't be spending any taypayer funds on illegal aliens. Our states need to demand that the federal government secure our borders and deport them all therefore we wouldn't need funds to take care of them.
No, it's actually needed in order to provide services to poorer people who are more likely to live with illegal immigrants. Thus, you propose to spend money from the poor to pay into the military industrial complex? That's great...We saw how well that turned out before (Katrina and lack of levees, vs. Iraq War). Sorry, but this is assinine.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:06 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Again, not all LEGAL immigrants know fluent English (most are trying). It's cheaper to print out forms in a foriegn language. It really does save A LOT of time and hence money.

So why would you want to pay more in taxes and waste resources pertaining to something that really is trivial.
26 million is trivial? That's quite interesting logic going on here. You related to Donald Trump?

Old 10-03-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
26 million is trivial? That's quite interesting logic going on here. You related to Donald Trump?
Umm...more trivial than spending MORE to fix problems that would be associated with bad census data. Unless YOU are related to Donald Trump, I'd suggest that we pick the cheapest option...a reliable census.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:18 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Umm...more trivial than spending MORE to fix problems that would be associated with bad census data. Unless YOU are related to Donald Trump, I'd suggest that we pick the cheapest option...a reliable census.

If Illegal Aliens aren't counted it's a non-issue. See my new thread. I hope this bill passes. Americans shouldn't be hurt because Illegals concentrate in certain areas.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
No, it's actually needed in order to provide services to poorer people who are more likely to live with illegal immigrants. Thus, you propose to spend money from the poor to pay into the military industrial complex? That's great...We saw how well that turned out before (Katrina and lack of levees, vs. Iraq War). Sorry, but this is assinine.
What is assinine is anyone who thinks that illegal aliens should even be acknowledged in this country unless it is to boot their illegal invader behinds out of here! They sure shouldn't be counted right along with American citizens on our census to give unfair representation to districts with a high percentage of them. Your arguments are just plain lame but I am used to them from the pro-illegal crowd. When you going to pull the race card? That's usually the next step or have you already done that and I missed that post?

Old 10-03-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If Illegal Aliens aren't counted it's a non-issue. See my new thread. I hope this bill passes. Americans shouldn't be hurt because Illegals concentrate in certain areas.
So you didn't read the other post? Illegal immigrants ALSO use the SAME facilities as LEGAL residents...if they aren't counted then the POOR use the SAME things as ILLEGALS will suffer...

Old 10-03-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What is assinine is anyone who thinks that illegal aliens should even be acknowledged in this country unless it is to boot their illegal invader behinds out of here! They sure shouldn't be counted right along with American citizens on our census to give unfair representation to districts with a high percentage of them. Your arguments are just plain lame but I am used to them from the pro-illegal crowd. When you going to pull the race card? That's usually the next step or have you already done that and I missed that post?
This is one of dumber posts I've read from you. Race card, really? My arguments are lame? One part of the census is not only representation, but also distribution of funds. But of course the best part about this thread is that...

ALSO LEGAL RESIDENTS SPEAK SPANISH AS WELL!!! THIS SHOULD NOT BE POSTED HERE!!!!

Which is something that I mentioned earlier. Not only that read my previous post...

Old 10-03-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
So you didn't read the other post? Illegal immigrants ALSO use the SAME facilities as LEGAL residents...if they aren't counted then the POOR use the SAME things as ILLEGALS will suffer...
Precisely why they need to be booted out of here rather than counted on a census. Then we will have a true picture of the "American" poor and legal immigrant numbers here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration