Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 08:20 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Given that we don’t have accurate data on the number of illegals currently living in this country, we can’t provide reliable deportation costs. Whatever the costs, it would definitely be less than the billions we are squandering annually to support illegals and their millions of U.S.-born meal tickets. Not to mention the billions leaving this country through illegal alien remittances.

As we have repeatedly mentioned, if our laws were being enforced, and it was impossible for illegals to work or receive ‘free’ tax-funded services, they would most assuredly leave.
Ouch! Excellent catch there, Benicar!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 12:09 AM

10 posts, read 31,029 times
They will all be deported in time.America has had enough!!ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE BROKE INTO OUR COUNTRY!!THEY ARE CRIMINALS.THEY USE OUR TAX BASE TO RAISE THEIR 10 CHILDREN.ITS SICK!!they let their kids run free in stores unsupervised,never use car seats,drive with fraudulent drivers licenses,and cause accidents.Always wanting a hand out.they have no rights in America.DEPORTATION IS THE ANSWER WITH SEVERE PUNISHMENT FOR BREAKING AND ENTERING AMERICA.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:38 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,437,818 times
Mandate a Bill in every state such as Oklahomas HB 1804. Give Illegals 28 days to remove themselves from the US.
Illegals will self deport within weeks.
Those who don't will be put on a "most unwanted" with a price on their head.
Tell me they won't be happy to leave this country.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:40 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Mandate a Bill in every state such as Oklahomas HB 1804. Give Illegals 28 days to remove themselves from the US.
Illegals will self deport within weeks.
Those who don't will be put on a "most unwanted" with a price on their head.
Tell me they won't be happy to leave this country.
You are so right. Passing zero cost to taxpayers of extremely tough on illegals laws/extremely tough on the criminal employers of illegals laws would result in massive self deportation of illegals. Ousting the Maobama amnesty administration that keeps promising amnesty which encourages illegals to keep hanging on for that amnesty instead of self deporting themselves would help. The sanctuary states Mexifornia, New York, Illinois, etc. ,should be the last states to pass tough on illegals laws/tough on the criminal employers of illegals laws. If all non sanctuary states passed the tough on illegals laws/tough on the criminal employers of illegals laws first, every illegal in this country would then flock to these sanctuary states literally overwhelming them. Of course the amnesty democrats in the illegal alien overwhelmed sanctuary states would eventually be kicked to the curb allowing tough on illegals laws/tough on the criminal employers of illegals laws to be quickly passed.

As far as deportation itself, huge tent cities need to be set up regionally as needed throughout the US each with its own immigration court. Apprehended illegals could be deported literally overnight. Legislation should be passed giving serious jail time to deported illegals caught back in the US. Deport, deport, deport.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:46 PM

119 posts, read 197,205 times
Didn't I already answer this in another thread? Get an old school bus, give me a couple of weeks with my welder and some steel and I will A-TEAM that ***** into a tour bus that seats 40-50 on their way back to the south side of our southern border.

I am sure there will be plenty of volunteers, won't cost much. Didn't someone just buy an old dome stadium in Detroit or something for around half a million dollars....more scrap metal than we could ever need in that thing.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:53 PM

164 posts, read 298,571 times
Is it realistic to pay for millions of parasites?

Old 01-13-2010, 12:05 AM

21 posts, read 26,578 times
chicagonut Said,

"What makes you think that deporting illegal aliens is a major expense? In what way? They don't pay in enough taxes to cover their social costs. There is a net gain right there. It would free up jobs for Americans out of work at a fairer wage (more taxes gained) and no more sending billions of dollars out of our economy to the illegal's homeland. Net gain right there. Now is the best time to deport them since we are in an economic crisis. Crime would go down. Net gain right there. Our schools and hospitals would become less overcrowded and our healthcare costs would go down. Net gain right there. No more need for documents such as the census to be printed in Spanish as Hispanic citizens speak English for the most part. Net gain right there."

This is correct What we see happening is a complete divide.

If the "Illegals" of all ethnicities and their Well Known Groups and Supporters would acknowledge that our Borders must be secured and that many Thousands are of the Criminal Element and must immediatly go. Then an more Honest debate can occur.

I still say illegal is illegal, but I would listen, then deport.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:03 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,909,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA-ahn View Post
chicagonut Said,

This is correct What we see happening is a complete divide.

If the "Illegals" of all ethnicities and their Well Known Groups and Supporters would acknowledge that our Borders must be secured and that many Thousands are of the Criminal Element and must immediatly go. Then an more Honest debate can occur.

I still say illegal is illegal, but I would listen, then deport.
See most illegal immigrants have not committed a crime that is related to their status.

The costs would be roughly $100 billion to find every illegal immigrant, house them, process them, and deport them...once.

This assumes that they would not cross over again, that there would not be any illegal immigrants still coming, and does not assume any other prevention measures.

The costs increase dramatically. We also have the potential legal costs that would be associated with how to take care of any assets that they have here in the US.

Not to mention the yearly cost to maintain such a program.

This also does not include costs to employers who quickly need to find new workers and train said workers.

There is also the loss of sales tax revenue. The loss of money into social security.

In some areas, a real estate glut would occur due to properties being put on the market due to lack of tenants. The lack of tenants would make investment properties completely worthless.

You also create a stronger demand for human smugglers, who are often associated whith criminals.

It's not just the cost of deporation alone that people need to take into consideration, it's a lot of other costs as well.

Legalization, taxation, doing away with birthright, providing education would help A LOT.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:37 AM

50,329 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyman5001 View Post
Didn't I already answer this in another thread? Get an old school bus, give me a couple of weeks with my welder and some steel and I will A-TEAM that ***** into a tour bus that seats 40-50 on their way back to the south side of our southern border.

I am sure there will be plenty of volunteers, won't cost much. Didn't someone just buy an old dome stadium in Detroit or something for around half a million dollars....more scrap metal than we could ever need in that thing.
Not sure how long you've been on CD but I told a story a year or so ago of a neighbor who would go to the home depot in CV, get some illegals and have them ride in the back of his panel van.

From there he'd drive into TJ, pull to the curb and announce, "We're here!" Then take off back to the border line. It was a pretty funny gig he had going and didn't cost the tax payers a dime. I doubt he could do that today given they check going South.

But then again, could he be arrested for smuggling Mexicans into Mexico? Probably if there was someone from Guatemala in the mix.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:48 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,247,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not realistic since we have maybe 10 million illegals left (quite a few have self deported back home----------if Arizona is any indication) so deporting 20 million is mathematically impossible.
I don't think they went home, at least not all of them, they just moved to Texas...

Last edited by Houston3; 01-13-2010 at 06:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration