Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 05:22 PM

471 posts, read 587,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post

There is also the loss of sales tax revenue. The loss of money into social security.

It's not just the cost of deporation alone that people need to take into consideration, it's a lot of other costs as well.

Legalization, taxation, doing away with birthright, providing education would help A LOT.
According to the Office of Tax Analysis
“Taxpayers who rank in the top 50 percent of taxpayers by income pay virtually all individual income taxes. In all years since 1990, taxpayers in this group have paid over 94 percent of all individual income taxes. In 2000, 2001, and 2002, this group paid over 96 percent of the total.”
Summary of Federal Individual Income Tax Data, 2007 states that you must make more that 35k a year to be in the top 50%....
This begs the question, what do Illegals earn? 100K? 70k? 40k? NOT LIKELY. Remember, they do remedial work. Low end low skilled labor.
A study by the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports, “The median weekly wages of foreign-born workers are $511.”
That’s $26,572 a year. Wait a second that’s not in the top 50%.
According to the tax estimator at H&R Block .com, even if they made 35k and filed as head-of-household with NO EXTRA DEDUCTIONs they would pay only $2,453.
As for the median foreign born worker they will pay only $1,766. Throw in a couple child deduction and other tax credits and guess what. They will pay NOTHING.
This seems more than straight forward. This is a political ploy to legalize democrat, welfare loving, system abusing Illegals to keep liberals in office. As well as a way for fence sitting republicans to attempt to grab the Hispanic vote.
Can you imagine the financial implications of legalizing an estimated 15-20 million WELFARE eligible people? It would break the US. They contribute pennies on the dollar to what they would leach and do leach from OUR nation.
The, “Hey they will contribute huge amounts of tax revenue!” argument has been debunked courtesy of Google and myself. Thank me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 07:48 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Still would mean the at least $100 billion according to ICE...not to mention all other associated costs as previously illustrated.
100 billion (if) we actually rounded every one of them up for deportation.
The question begs. How much if we simply crack down on employers and land lords and force illegals to self deport?
I would wager that it will be somewhat lower than 100 billion.
Add more penalties. Strip any illegal caught of all assets to help pay for their deportation.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:01 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,671,195 times
Quote:
Still would mean the at least $100 billion according to ICE...not to mention all other associated costs as previously illustrated.
Illegal immigrants cost the federal government $10 million a year. In just California they cost 10.5 billion. It is without a doubt more cost effective to deport them.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:31 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Quote:
See most illegal immigrants have not committed a crime that is related to their status.

The costs would be roughly $100 billion to find every illegal immigrant, house them, process them, and deport them...once.

This assumes that they would not cross over again, that there would not be any illegal immigrants still coming, and does not assume any other prevention measures.Build the wall and close the open door in Miami.

The costs increase dramatically. We also have the potential legal costs that would be associated with how to take care of any assets that they have here in the US.I like the idea of forefeiting those assets since they were here illegally plus a lot of that money is drug money, I think.

Not to mention the yearly cost to maintain such a program.

This also does not include costs to employers who quickly need to find new workers and train said workers. Most of these workers are unskilled (jobs Americans won't do mantra) so how much training will it take ?
There is also the loss of sales tax revenue. The loss of money into social security. I thought most of them worked under the table and didnt pay tax.

In some areas, a real estate glut would occur due to properties being put on the market due to lack of tenants. The lack of tenants would make investment properties completely worthless. Yeah, we might not be able to cram 20 people into one apartment or house.

You also create a stronger demand for human smugglers, who are often associated whith criminals.If we make it harder to get in, putting the resources on our borders, it should reduce that demand.

It's not just the cost of deporation alone that people need to take into consideration, it's a lot of other costs as well.

Legalization, taxation, doing away with birthright, providing education would help A LOT.
This whole conversation is moot because we are in bed with the Mexxican gov't and nothing is going to change without revolution....JMO. What a shame.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:41 PM

341 posts, read 678,935 times
It is not realistic to speak of deporting them on a large scale because, first of all, it will never happen, at least not anytime soon. Also, anytime this country has gone through hard economic times anti-illegal-immigrant sentiment flows a little higher. Then when times get better that sentiment ebbs and people in general become more comfortable and start "looking the other way" again, thereby allowing the well-oiled gears of the American capitalist machine to start grinding again. And make no mistake about it: those wheels need cheap immigrant labor to grind the way they were designed to.

Now mind you, the aforementioned people I was talking about (the ones "looking the other way") are not the extremist anti-illegal immigrant keyboard warriors that you find on anti-immigrant forums. You know, the ones who churn out post after post with little thumbs-up emoticons; the ones who claim that the government is on the verge of fanning out across the country to round up the millions of undocumented immigrants; the ones who claim that it will not even be that expensive. Those types of posters are usually xenophobic, deluded, and unrealistic.

It is not realistic to entertain the idea of mass deportations because those who hold power in this country, those who are in control, do not want mass deportations to occur. They have engineered it so the busts that ICE and Border Patrol make do not even compare to the amount that pour in. The capitalist fat-cats who hold the strings make sure the flow goes the right way when it benefits them.

I am of the opinion that there are too many deluded anti-immigrant posters who refuse to entertain reality as it pertains to illegal immigration in this country. It is too bad that it is this way on here because this is a great and important topic that has the ability to spur truly interesting debate. The xenophobia and cleverly shrouded racism on this forum are just a little too thick for my tastes.

So..... not only am I of the opinion that it is unrealistic to entertain the idea of mass deportations, I would like for them stay anyway. I am friends with many undocumented immigrants, my profession affords and alows me to help them in a very important way (legally), they are the heart of many vibrant communities here in the northeast, they have breathed life and revitalized many forgotten and blighted neighborhoods, and I will continue the fight on this end, supporting and aiding the hard working undocumented immigrant families. And I get paid to do it. I love my job and I love this country.

Gracias

Old 01-13-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post
It is not realistic to speak of deporting them on a large scale because, first of all, it will never happen, at least not anytime soon. Also, anytime this country has gone through hard economic times anti-illegal-immigrant sentiment flows a little higher. Then when times get better that sentiment ebbs and people in general become more comfortable and start "looking the other way" again, thereby allowing the well-oiled gears of the American capitalist machine to start grinding again. And make no mistake about it: those wheels need cheap immigrant labor to grind the way they were designed to.

Now mind you, the aforementioned people I was talking about (the ones "looking the other way") are not the extremist anti-illegal immigrant keyboard warriors that you find on anti-immigrant forums. You know, the ones who churn out post after post with little thumbs-up emoticons; the ones who claim that the government is on the verge of fanning out across the country to round up the millions of undocumented immigrants; the ones who claim that it will not even be that expensive. Those types of posters are usually xenophobic, deluded, and unrealistic.

It is not realistic to entertain the idea of mass deportations because those who hold power in this country, those who are in control, do not want mass deportations to occur. They have engineered it so the busts that ICE and Border Patrol make do not even compare to the amount that pour in. The capitalist fat-cats who hold the strings make sure the flow goes the right way when it benefits them.

I am of the opinion that there are too many deluded anti-immigrant posters who refuse to entertain reality as it pertains to illegal immigration in this country. It is too bad that it is this way on here because this is a great and important topic that has the ability to spur truly interesting debate. The xenophobia and cleverly shrouded racism on this forum are just a little too thick for my tastes.

So..... not only am I of the opinion that it is unrealistic to entertain the idea of mass deportations, I would like for them stay anyway. I am friends with many undocumented immigrants, my profession affords and alows me to help them in a very important way (legally), they are the heart of many vibrant communities here in the northeast, they have breathed life and revitalized many forgotten and blighted neighborhoods, and I will continue the fight on this end, supporting and aiding the hard working undocumented immigrant families. And I get paid to do it. I love my job and I love this country.

Gracias

Sad. All too sad. Could not disagree more.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:20 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:

Now mind you, the aforementioned people I was talking about (the ones "looking the other way") are not the extremist anti-illegal immigrant keyboard warriors that you find on
Quote:
anti-immigrant forums.
You know, the ones who churn out post after post with little thumbs-up emoticons; the ones who claim that the government is on the verge of fanning out across the country to round up the millions of undocumented immigrants; the ones who claim that it will not even be that expensive. Those types of posters are usually xenophobic, deluded, and unrealistic.

I am of the opinion that there are too many deluded
Quote:
anti-immigrant posters
who refuse to entertain reality as it pertains to illegal immigration in this country. It is too bad that it is this way on here because this is a great and important topic that has the ability to spur truly interesting debate. The xenophobia and cleverly shrouded racism on this forum are just a little too thick for my tastes.

Gracias
This is not a "Anti-Immigrant" forum,. It's a "Illegal-Immigration" forum.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
no less realistic than letting 21 million since last amnesty come here and work -- omg and during a major recession???? shameless government law enforcement, shameless american employers. spineless union hating american labor.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:

Gracias
Here are some fun facts on your beloved illegals..

-They account for virtually all of the nations increase in public school enrollment over the last 2 decades. wonder what that costs us in school taxes? Books? Lunches?

-The portion of immigrant-headed households using AT LEAST one major welfare program is 33% Lets give the est. 15-20 million amnesty, hell even at 33% thats only another 5-7 million that will be signed up for a welfare service. We can afford it with their new found tax revinue... (see my above post) Not to mention these new "US citizens" would ALL qualify to to "sponsor" legal immigrants thru family reunification. Thank you immigration act of 65'... So if each sponsored just one that 15-20 turns into 45-60.

-Hispanic women have the highest unmarried birthrate in the country at just over three times that of whites and Asians and nearly twice that of black women. You would figure that the liberals would shutter at the thought of all those new little carbon footprints...

-Half of all gang members are Hispanic/Latino. MS-13 come to mind? Rape initiation of a retarded girl come to mind? Or this one.

-An International Zogby poll reports in 2002 that 58% of of Mexican agreed that southwest of the United States belonged to them. Last I checked about 10% of Mexicans lived in the US. So over half of them, generally speaking, believe the southwest US belongs to them anyway? Hell they aren't here illegally in their own minds. They are finally home!

All of the above is 2007 Census Bureau, Department of Justice, Heritage Foundation, and Zogby Poll.

The offenses and reasons that they should be sent packing are limitless. With out even touching on the assimilation issues.

As Edward J. Erler said, "A radical change in the character of the citizens would be tantamount to a regime change just a surely as a revolution in its political principals."

Then again you readily admit you support the illegals in their Reconquista.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:38 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
According to the Office of Tax Analysis
“Taxpayers who rank in the top 50 percent of taxpayers by income pay virtually all individual income taxes. In all years since 1990, taxpayers in this group have paid over 94 percent of all individual income taxes. In 2000, 2001, and 2002, this group paid over 96 percent of the total.”
Summary of Federal Individual Income Tax Data, 2007 states that you must make more that 35k a year to be in the top 50%....
This begs the question, what do Illegals earn? 100K? 70k? 40k? NOT LIKELY. Remember, they do remedial work. Low end low skilled labor.
A study by the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports, “The median weekly wages of foreign-born workers are $511.”
That’s $26,572 a year. Wait a second that’s not in the top 50%.
According to the tax estimator at H&R Block .com, even if they made 35k and filed as head-of-household with NO EXTRA DEDUCTIONs they would pay only $2,453.
As for the median foreign born worker they will pay only $1,766. Throw in a couple child deduction and other tax credits and guess what. They will pay NOTHING.
This seems more than straight forward. This is a political ploy to legalize democrat, welfare loving, system abusing Illegals to keep liberals in office. As well as a way for fence sitting republicans to attempt to grab the Hispanic vote.
Can you imagine the financial implications of legalizing an estimated 15-20 million WELFARE eligible people? It would break the US. They contribute pennies on the dollar to what they would leach and do leach from OUR nation.
The, “Hey they will contribute huge amounts of tax revenue!” argument has been debunked courtesy of Google and myself. Thank me!
That's funny since a recent report state that the average income for illegal immigrants was 45k a year. Illegal Immigrants in Md. and Va. Out-Earn U.S. Peers, Study Says - washingtonpost.com

The data was compiled from by CIS (known for a highly anti-immigration bias) using information from the census.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration