Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 09:53 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,750,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I’m not accusing your parents of being drug traffickers; but, would you actually know? Furthermore, if they are working in this country, they are either working under the table (tax evasion), or using a stolen (theft) or fake (fraud) SSN. No offense, but they're not exactly the pillars of society, are they?
If you are questioning the son if his parents were drug dealers or not, then what the hell would a total stranger from the internet like you know about his parents? How do you know his parents haven't legalized their status by now? You guys are beyond reason and ridiculous!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 09:55 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,750,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Your mother and father might not have been -- although you probably really don't know if they financed their trip over the border by agreeing to be drug mules. It costs something like $5000 to be smuggled over the border and how do "poor starving immigrants" get a hold of that kind of money?

What your parents did does not justify anything. If my dad robbed banks and my mom shoplifted, does that somehow make those crimes right? What if my uncle embezzled money? Could I justify that by saying he was otherwise a great guy? Some people could have ancestors that owned slaves or that were Nazis, -- nothing is justified because family members did it.
What if they came here legally and overstayed their visas? That's another way of looking at things right?

Old 10-27-2009, 12:50 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
If you are questioning the son if his parents were drug dealers or not, then what the hell would a total stranger from the internet like you know about his parents? How do you know his parents haven't legalized their status by now? You guys are beyond reason and ridiculous!!
Post #2 below glaringly indicates their illegal status. After all, we are discussing illegal aliens involved in drug cartels. Now, why would anyone feel compelled to defend his/her parents if they are NOT illegal?

If we were discussing juvenile delinquents involved in gangs, I certainly wouldn’t feel obligated to defend my son; because, he is neither a juvenile delinquent, nor a gangbanger. It is simple comprehension, not rocket science.

Perhaps this thread had a cathartic effect. Who knows? In any case, if not for HIS incrimination, his parents would not be included in this discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Drug cartels and illegal immigrants are two total different entities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
My mother and father are not drug traffickers.
Translation: My mother and father are illegal aliens, and they are certainly NOT drug traffickers. Illegal aliens are not criminals!

Old 10-27-2009, 11:03 PM

95 posts, read 130,266 times
Disrupting la familia's operation is a good start.

But I haven't heard anything about major strikes against the Gulf cartel in Texas, and especially against the Sinaloan cartel on the West Coast.

The cartels have way too much power and money.
And that causes corruption and crime to increase in the areas they control.

If the U.S. Government eliminates the cartels, or at least seriously curtails their profits here in the US, the level of violence and insecurity would subside in Mexico.
That would help Mexico achieve some sort of stability too, and maybe illegal immigration would decrease.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elansingghost View Post
Disrupting la familia's operation is a good start.

But I haven't heard anything about major strikes against the Gulf cartel in Texas, and especially against the Sinaloan cartel on the West Coast.

The cartels have way too much power and money.
And that causes corruption and crime to increase in the areas they control

If the U.S. Government eliminates the cartels, or at least seriously curtails their profits here in the US, the level of violence and insecurity would subside in Mexico.
That would help Mexico achieve some sort of stability too, and maybe illegal immigration would decrease.
Yet, our borders remain wide open to facilitate the illegal cheap labor industry.

Quote:
Criminal Mexican cartels are reportedly threatening American businesses in Mexico and even in the United States; and the problem is getting worse as gangs become increasingly brazen and violent.

Cartel murders, drug trafficking, and kidnappings have all been increasingly spilling over the border into the United States during the last few years. In fact, a recent threat assessment from the Department of Justice’s National Drug Intelligence Center estimates that the Mexican organizations are operating in at least 230 American cities. They also have “strong affiliations with gangs in the United States.”

Now, the Associated Press reports that in recent weeks American businesses in the United States have complained to the police about extortion threats allegedly coming from notorious Mexican cartels. The AP describes these extortion threats as “a sign that criminal tactics common in Mexico are showing up north of the border.”
Mexican Gangs Threaten, Extort U.S. Businesses (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/crime/2132-mexican-gangs-threaten-extort-us-businesses - broken link)

Old 10-28-2009, 08:14 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
It was silly in the first place to try to justify breaking the law by claiming since his parents did it, it's okay.

How about a shoplifting thread where people can say that their mother or father shoplifted all the time but were otherwise good people?

Illegals associate with very dangerous and violent criminal gangs in order to be smuggled over - the smugglers themselves are about as low-life as you can get and are involved in any number of crimes.

Illegals may be otherwise "okay" types, they only break the laws that don't suit them - felony document fraud is obviously a big one, identification theft ad many others -- but they might not murder, might not shoplift. They still have the attitude that they are not required to abide by laws.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:44 PM

8 posts, read 15,954 times
And to think they only got a pinch of that cartel. The bíg guys are still freee! Ja ja ja

Old 10-28-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonolarryedge View Post
And to think they only got a pinch of that cartel. The bíg guys are still freee! Ja ja ja
You sound relieved, or happy, or both.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:58 PM

95 posts, read 130,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yet, our borders remain wide open to facilitate the illegal cheap labor industry.

Mexican Gangs Threaten, Extort U.S. Businesses (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/crime/2132-mexican-gangs-threaten-extort-us-businesses - broken link)

Regardless of whether the border is wide open for cheap labor or not.
The cartels that I mentioned have the power and the money to buy off the authorities in the US and Mexico.
So it's the cash flow that needs to be stopped and the cartel's infrastructure inside the US that needs to be dismantled.

Much like the Government was able to control the mafia, same thing needs to happen with the cartels.

I actually agree with the conservative (John Birch Society) article that you posted on more than one occasion, like this argument:

"the federal government continues to unconstitutionally shovel tens of billions of dollars at a failed war on drugs that only serves to enrich the cartels and corrupt public officials. Ending the federal government’s international war on drugs would immediately decimate the cartels and their main source of profits, promoting peace in Mexico and in America."

Old 10-28-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elansingghost View Post
Regardless of whether the border is wide open for cheap labor or not.
The cartels that I mentioned have the power and the money to buy off the authorities in the US and Mexico.
So it's the cash flow that needs to be stopped and the cartel's infrastructure inside the US that needs to be dismantled.

Much like the Government was able to control the mafia, same thing needs to happen with the cartels.

I actually agree with the conservative (John Birch Society) article that you posted on more than one occasion, like this argument:

"the federal government continues to unconstitutionally shovel tens of billions of dollars at a failed war on drugs that only serves to enrich the cartels and corrupt public officials. Ending the federal government’s international war on drugs would immediately decimate the cartels and their main source of profits, promoting peace in Mexico and in America."
I wholeheartedly agree. Sadly, I believe it will require widespread decapitations before our government will seriously tackle this problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration