Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:30 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,668,019 times

Advertisements

that might work in other places, but IN LA, where resources are scarce, i am fine with them initiating contact with actual perpetrators or suspects of violent crimes, not people they suspect to be n the country illegally.

the cops in my part of town have too much to deal with i.e. gangs, drugs, homicides, etc etc. they go after the violent criminals first. its makes fiscal sense. if there are illegals in the bunch, well two birds killed with one stone.

this works in LA, it might not be the best model for other safer, less urban cities, but it works in LA.

let the cops go after the REAL bad guys.

otherwise im sure every corner they turned the cops would be detaining people for being here illegally.

thats not the policing that we need in LA.

if ICE wants to catch people, let them do their own policing. im fine with the PD's going after the bad guys. maybe there needs to be an ICE satelite in each major city.

but even then, ICE is in LA, but they are usually attached to larger raids on gangs and other more sophisticated criminal groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They don’t need to act as border agents -- they simply need to enforce ALL laws. When they ignore illegal aliens, they in fact ignore our laws. An illegal shouldn’t have to walk around carrying an AK-47 to warrant apprehension and deportation. This is beyond ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 06:24 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
I want ALL laws upheld. If LE hands off a bunch of sneaky border crossers that have only broke 1 or two laws I am quite ok with ICE finishing off.

It is complete BS that the fear of deportation is getting sent back to start like a monopoly game.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:03 PM

411 posts, read 468,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Police chief: LAPD must keep out of migrant fight

Bratton: you are nothing more than a traitor who needs to be investigated.

This decorated officer is doing the right thing, only clowns like an old guy
called arpaio here in phoenix are gunhoe about deporting migrant workers, which is a silly wasted effort, because they are back in the usa in no time...

Old 10-31-2009, 07:46 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
called arpaio here in phoenix are gunhoe about deporting migrant workers, which is a silly wasted effort, because they are back in the usa in no time...
Well let's not arrest any criminals then, shall we? Afterall many are repeat offenders so why bother, right? One thing good about deporting them and them coming back is that they are then felons! By the way Arapio isn't deporting anyone. He leaves that to the government. Migrant workers aren't being deported, illegal aliens are. Nice that you leave that part out.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:12 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Well let's not arrest any criminals then, shall we? Afterall many are repeat offenders so why bother, right? One thing good about deporting them and them coming back is that they are then felons! By the way Arapio isn't deporting anyone. He leaves that to the government. Migrant workers aren't being deported, illegal aliens are. Nice that you leave that part out.
It is amazing how some simply choose to overlook that distinction.. Just as those same individuals choose to over look the fact that a good many of those illegals are also violent criminals, committing crimes that would have been prevented if 1. we enforced our immigration laws, 2. secured the border and 3. If all those dedicated decorated officers had turned these criminals over to ice when they were in custody.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:41 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

What can you not understand about that? A very well respected man wrote that, about 1907. It holds so much truth, today.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:47 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
You do not know what you are talking about-------------our illegal alien population here in Arizona is down 30-50% compared to 2 years ago.

Illegal-immigrant populace in Ariz. falls by a third, study says

Old 10-31-2009, 08:51 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
You do not know what you are talking about-------------our illegal alien population here in Arizona is down 30-50% compared to 2 years ago.

Thus proving that if we take away the work, safe haven, and make it simply to difficult to exist that they will self deport.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:53 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:

Yes, and I applaud the state of Ariz. Other states should learn from them. I had to laugh when I read a statement made on a pro-illegal forum that we should nuke Arizona because they were PO'd that Arizonians were taking steps to remove illegal aliens from their state. This statment was made by an American by the way. Treason comes to mind.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:59 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yes, and I applaud the state of Ariz. Other states should learn from them. I had to laugh when I read a statement made on a pro-illegal forum that we should nuke Arizona because they were PO'd that Arizonians were taking steps to remove illegal aliens from their state. This statment was made by an American by the way. Treason comes to mind.
That is pure treason, yes.

I swear the pro illegal side is becoming more desperate judging by their inane comments-------------they intuitively know the party is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration