Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:06 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In all fairness; some Trolls do not show their true colors till after I reply to them.

Concerning our most recent one: I did not answer most of his posts but did advise other posters to report it.

.....and I get nailed!!!

I don't even know what or who I responded to. Now I'm curious!!

Anyway back on topic...

Quote:
He claims he isn't anti-immigration because it's about the law, but then he continually posts anti-Mexican hate...can we all just assume that he hates Mexicans and wouldn't care if we had an illegal Swedish immigrant problem?

Seriously, you couldn't be any more obvious. How many (brown) Mexican friends do you have? Do you tell them your opinions on Mexicans and Mexico?

What the heck? Why bring color into this... You don't get it and you never will. You are the racist for going there. What does illegally being here have to do with the color of your skin??? This ain't brown against white. It is Americans, against anti-Americans, Mexicans, and Central Americans, Koreans, Chinese, Iraq's, Iranians, Indians, Japanese, ......(you get the picture) Or do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 05:41 PM

50,295 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I have a suggestion. Why not delete the "initial" remarks by the trolls who start attacking others in this forum and then we would have no reason to feel we have to defend ourselves by responding to them? If one starts deleting all the "opinions" to the topics at hand other than personal attacks on other members then we would have no forum, would we?

Well, that is a tough nut to crack, moderating is a thankless job. No one gets paid and no matter what stance you take someone is angry at you. Bottom line is the forums can't be policed 24/7.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:37 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Well, that is a tough nut to crack, moderating is a thankless job. No one gets paid and no matter what stance you take someone is angry at you. Bottom line is the forums can't be policed 24/7.
That is true so what is the answer then? I am not going to tolerate personal attacks on myself without retaliating. It seems to me that all opinions on the topics should be allowed with civilty but that personal attacks on another member should not be allowed. Bottom line, common sense should prevail by the moderators and the members.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
That is true so what is the answer then? I am not going to tolerate personal attacks on myself without retaliating. It seems to me that all opinions on the topics should be allowed with civilty but that personal attacks on another member should not be allowed. Bottom line, common sense should prevail by the moderators and the members.
Flagrant personal attacks I use the Report button here

Old 11-03-2009, 03:15 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
I might have overreacted a bit, these trolls are getting to me too it seems ...
So let me rephrase: when you think someone is a troll, he appeared out of the blue and started posting off topic and offensive comments aimed at getting an emotional response, ignore him. Better yet - also send me a dm. I have a lot on my mind, this isn't the only forum I moderate here (though no one else would take it ... I wonder why ) and it could take me a while to reach the troublemakers and their posts.
To quote chicagonut, common sense should prevail.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration