Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 11:03 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,827 times

Advertisements

HERE IS SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT....

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California .

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention...

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200..00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year.
Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $9,631.00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal pays $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home .

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

Anyone who votes for or supports any politician that supports illegals...is part of the problem!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 08:33 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Not only does Joe Illegal get to enjoy his evenings and weekends with his family here, he has plenty of money left after bills to send something to the other family back home. The average remittance is $400 a month, not that many Americans have that kind of money left after taxes and bills to send out of the country.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:41 AM

22 posts, read 18,637 times
Life is hard to be an America nowadays.
I was wakling down a cold street looking for fire wood and maybe a piece of bread in a trashcan. I was freezing in my rags when this "illegal Jose" came speeding down the street in a Rolls Royce convertible, blaring mary-achee music. He was wearing a fur coat and hat, as was his wife. They were covered in diamond jewelry.

I asked him, "Sir, please spare an American on hard times a little change?"
He just let out a roar of laughter.
"HA HA HA HA! Lo sieenttooo, pero no hablo ingles! HA HA HA!"
I asked him, since I had been forced to learn a little Spanish by the presence of illegal joses, "Senor..porfavor..tienes algo para comer?"
His wife let out a Cruella Devilla type laugh as she threw me a decadent cupcake.

As they took off, his skidding tires sprayed me with icy cold, muddy water from the gutter as he headed back toward his Beverly Hills residence.

Life's hard for American Joe.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:27 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerrabbit View Post
I was wakling down a cold street looking for fire wood and maybe a piece of bread in a trashcan. I was freezing in my rags when this "illegal Jose" came speeding down the street in a Rolls Royce convertible, blaring mary-achee music. He was wearing a fur coat and hat, as was his wife. They were covered in diamond jewelry.

I asked him, since I had been forced to learn a little Spanish by the presence of illegal joses, "Senor..porfavor..tienes algo para comer?"
His wife let out a Cruella Devilla type laugh as she threw me a decadent cupcake.

As they took off, his skidding tires sprayed me with icy cold, muddy water from the gutter as he headed back toward his Beverly Hills residence.

Thank you for removing all doubt. Obviously, you have no compassion for the millions of citizens who have lost their jobs, have had their houses foreclosed, and don’t know how they will support their families. This is not a joke. How you can be so flippant by ridiculing the misery of many citizens of this country, while taking the moral high ground to defend foreign invaders, is beyond me.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:07 PM

22 posts, read 18,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thank you for removing all doubt. Obviously, you have no compassion for the millions of citizens who have lost their jobs, have had their houses foreclosed, and don’t know how they will support their families. This is not a joke. How you can be so flippant by ridiculing the misery of many citizens of this country, while taking the moral high ground to defend foreign invaders, is beyond me.
I'm ridiculing you who are on internet connect computers, with the privileges of being an American citizen, really trying to suggest that illegal aliens are living better lives than you.

The violin is playing.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:14 AM

807 posts, read 1,303,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerrabbit View Post

I believe this to be true, as I saw Illegal Jose today driving up the road in a BMW blaring Mariachi music possibly headed to the Taxpayer funded health clinic likely because he has sniffles..

Yes, life is hard for Legal Joe especially with 10% Unemployment AND having to compete with Illegal Aliens for jobs that used to pay well and now pay much lower wages.. Legal Joe also has to pay taxes on his income so that Illegal Jose can find Illegal Maria and produce Anchor Babies.. Legal Joe would also be thrown in Jail if he used someone else's Social Security Number or fake ID to get a job, Illegal Jose is encouraged to do so.. Legal Joe also puts his life at risk getting on the road, because Illegal Jose is driving without a license and insurance and Illegal Jose has a nasty reputation of Hit and Run accidents..

Old 11-09-2009, 03:30 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,948,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Yes, life is hard for Legal Joe especially with 10% Unemployment AND having to compete with Illegal Aliens for jobs that used to pay well and now pay much lower wages..
Then perhaps Legal Joe should better market himself to the marketplace, if he had better qualifications he wouldn't have to compete with illegal immigrants.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:59 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Then perhaps Legal Joe should better market himself to the marketplace, if he had better qualifications he wouldn't have to compete with illegal immigrants.
Why should Americans have to compete in our own country with a bunch of losers who have NO right to be here in the first place?

Illegal aliens need to be rounded up; have their assets seized, held in internment camps prior to their deportation and banned for 10 years from US soil. As for their US born children and spouses............well, they can follow the above as well to avoid breaking up the families. I have no sympathy for an American who hooked up with an illegal-----------it is the same (or worse) getting involved with an American criminal.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:18 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,948,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Why should Americans have to compete in our own country with a bunch of losers
They shouldn't. It's a choice.

I could go play basketball (I'm 6'6") with a bunch of 7-year olds if I wanted to, but that doesn't mean I'm their equal.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:59 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
So you think that illegals who just jumped our border with no education or skills are better qualified for a job than an American who finished school and were already employed for example as a construction worker is better qualified than he? You know damned well this is about greed on the employer's part. It has nothing to do with better skills. Or are you claiming instead that an American has no right to a blue collar job and they should all be white collar workers so that illegals can take all the blue collar jobs in this country? Disgusting attitude to say the least!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration