Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 06:08 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,420,681 times

Advertisements

Eight years ago, he paid coyotes to smuggle him into Texas, then headed to New York, where his wife and children flew in as tourists, and stayed.

The daughter excelled in her Queens high school and graduated from college with honors, but at 22 is still living in this country illegally. So while her former accounting classmates hold lucrative corporate jobs and take foreign vacations, she keeps the books for a small immigrant-run business, fears venturing outside the city and cannot get a driver’s license in the country she has come to love.Meanwhile, her 17-year-old brother, who was born in the United States during an earlier stay and is thus an American citizen, enjoys privileges his family cannot, like summers in Ecuador with his cousins. But bored and alone most afternoons, he declared last fall that he wanted to move back to the old country.
“How can he even think that?” said his mother, stunned. “We’re sacrificing ourselves so he can get a better education and a better job. After giving up everything to come here, he — the only one with papers — wants to go back?”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/26/ny...g.html?_r=1&em

The Reality: Prior to entering the US illegally, these people were obviously doing fine in their homeland, but simply wanted to work less and earn more so THEY decided to become criminals and destroy their lives by coming here illegally and making their daughter an accessory to THEIR CRIMES. Yet their (anchor baby) son loves their homeland.

The moral of this story: DREAMIES and other illegals need to stop blaming America for having laws and it's citizens for wanting said laws to be enforced.

If your parents brought you here illegally, it is their fault and responsibility. Therefore, they alone are responsible for your life of limbo and your criminal status.

Talk about karma coming back to bite them in the rear end . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 07:57 AM

50,481 posts, read 47,192,013 times
Divided by 2 words, sneak and border.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:01 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,584,558 times
Another pro-illegal article from the New York Times, what a surprise.

I don't care how good of a student you are. Go back to your homeland and then apply to come the USA legally.

Old 04-26-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Another pro-illegal article from the New York Times, what a surprise.

I don't care how good of a student you are. Go back to your homeland and then apply to come the USA legally.
Agreed. Keep in mind the May Day marches organized by LaRaza and several other ethnocentric racist groups are approaching thus, out will come the planned and rehearsed "woe is me, don't separate our familia, please don't send me back I've been here since I was ___ and even though I'm not, I feel like an American" mat.

The NYT like many other rags masquerading as newspapers is only one of many that will attempt to soften the hearts of Americans on behalf of illegal aliens DEMANDING amnesty.

With the tanking economy and now the swine flu all of which illegal aliens from SOB played a significant role in manufacturing and producing, you have to wonder what their plan B is.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:33 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,854,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Just think how much these students could improve their own country if they decided to go back.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Just think how much these students could improve their own country if they decided to go back.
Agreed. There is no greater time than now for them to go back and save their country.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:31 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,541,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Meanwhile, her 17-year-old brother, who was born in the United States during an earlier stay and is thus an American citizen, enjoys privileges his family cannot, like summers in Ecuador with his cousins. But bored and alone most afternoons, he declared last fall that he wanted to move back to the old country.
“How can he even think that?” said his mother, stunned. “We’re sacrificing ourselves so he can get a better education and a better job. After giving up everything to come here, he — the only one with papers — wants to go back?”

If your parents brought you here illegally, it is their fault and responsibility. Therefore, they alone are responsible for your life of limbo and your criminal status.

What I think is so ironic about this is the fact that here we have an American born "Mexican" who is willingly going back to his parents native country and adapting and loving it more than the US; while at the same time we constantly hear how the poor anchors just CANNOT go to Mexico (or where ever their parents are from) because the don't know anything about said homeland.

I've said it before... those who come here to the US (whether legally or illegally) have (for most of them anyway) little clue what the US is all about. Yet somehow they all seem to be fine once they get here. Seems only logical that the reverse will happen - "anchors" will get to know their parents countries once they are there.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
What I think is so ironic about this is the fact that here we have an American born "Mexican" who is willingly going back to his parents native country and adapting and loving it more than the US; while at the same time we constantly hear how the poor anchors just CANNOT go to Mexico (or where ever their parents are from) because the don't know anything about said homeland.

I've said it before... those who come here to the US (whether legally or illegally) have (for most of them anyway) little clue what the US is all about. Yet somehow they all seem to be fine once they get here. Seems only logical that the reverse will happen - "anchors" will get to know their parents countries once they are there.
Exactly. The problem is they don't want to go back. After all there are no welfare, section 8, medicaid and social security benefits that will allow them to live off of the taxpayers. Those are the true reasons why they have no problem leaving their mexican born children behind but are adamant about remaining in the US with their anchors. The truth of the matter is they don't care about the anchors either, it's the source of chain migration, income and other freebies said anchors provide that they perpetually get impregnated to receive.

These people are some of the most dysfunctional, cunning and corrupt criminals on the planet.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:55 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,541,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Exactly. The problem is they don't want to go back. After all there are no welfare, section 8, medicaid and social security benefits that will allow them to live off of the taxpayers. Those are the true reasons why they have no problem leaving their mexican born children behind but are adamant about remaining in the US with their anchors. The truth of the matter is they don't care about the anchors either, it's the source of chain migration, income and other freebies said anchors provide that they perpetually get impregnated to receive.

These people are some of the most dysfunctional, cunning and corrupt criminals on the planet.
Most of us realize that this is the truth of why they can't/won't go home.
It just ticks me off to hear them say, "But my children know nothing about Mexico". TOO BAD! These parents just don't think and THAT is their problem, not ours.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:06 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,931,042 times
Why isn't the INS getting a court order for the reporter to turn over the location of these criminals so they can be deported?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration