Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2009, 05:15 PM

411 posts, read 468,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callo View Post
You keep thinking that, son.

It'll make your abrupt awakening all the more painful for yourself. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you.

Dear mr or ms callo; why don't you just learn spanish, and mingle a bit more with spanish people, instead of building up all this hate, life is just one, and a short one I may add, enjoy it while you can....

Old 11-21-2009, 05:49 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Dear mr or ms callo; why don't you just learn spanish, and mingle a bit more with spanish people, instead of building up all this hate, life is just one, and a short one I may add, enjoy it while you can....
Considering that Mexico may be near collapse: it would behoove the citizens of that nation to learn English since we (the USA) are likely to annex part of the former nation.

Again: Latin King, you need to face the fact that Spanish is of little importance outside of either Spain of most of Latin America.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:21 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Sure, undocumented have so much trust in the government, that when someone shows up to a dwelling, you see all the illegals jumping to the census enumerator to tell them all kinds of info, HA,HA,HA, it is estimated
that only between 5-10% are counted. Don't think that the huge spanish networks have expanded in usa based on "illegals" demographics, and much less TBS with the new very successful George Lopez late nite show,
that he closes every nite with a loud "VIVA LA RAZA"....
If you have ever participated in the census, you should know that ICE doesn’t hand-deliver the forms. Thus, there is no need for an illegal to fear detection or deportation. Nor does it require a trek down to the Census Bureau for the family to be interrogated. Yes, illegal aliens are included; as are the homeless. Truth is not altered by denial.

Employees of the Census Bureau don’t “show up” at the homes of illegals, or anyone else. The vast majority of residents receive the forms by mail. Field workers only deliver forms to a select group of homes, and those are generally in rural areas lacking traditional street addresses. Even then, they aren’t barging into homes with search warrants.

If they insist on counting illegals, they should at least have a separate category. We have a right to have an accurate accounting of people who shouldn’t be here; especially when they are a burden to taxpayers. Furthermore, these additional illegal “residents” skew the figures for many districts.

I’m not connecting the dots with George Lopez. In case you don’t know, he is not the first Hispanic to grace our entertainment industry. What is the relevance of mentioning his nightly valediction? Should we care?

Old 11-21-2009, 09:35 PM

163 posts, read 240,952 times
Quote:
A better question is why don't they just learn English and assimilate more into American society instead of separating themselves and then crying racism or discrimination when they are singled out.

And life is hard to enjoy when it's being dictated by arrogant ingrates who feel it's their right to tell me how to live, to tell me that I must adapt to their way of living in my country and I'm supposed to smile when I get handed the bill for their keep.

The illegal and the "VIVA LA RAZA" hispanic population maybe riding high at the moment but let's not forget that what goes up must also come down and that the higher up you are the harder the fall is.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If you have ever participated in the census, you should know that ICE doesn’t hand-deliver the forms. Thus, there is no need for an illegal to fear detection or deportation. Nor does it require a trek down to the Census Bureau for the family to be interrogated. Yes, illegal aliens are included; as are the homeless. Truth is not altered by denial.

Employees of the Census Bureau don’t “show up” at the homes of illegals, or anyone else. The vast majority of residents receive the forms by mail. Field workers only deliver forms to a select group of homes, and those are generally in rural areas lacking traditional street addresses. Even then, they aren’t barging into homes with search warrants.

If they insist on counting illegals, they should at least have a separate category. We have a right to have an accurate accounting of people who shouldn’t be here; especially when they are a burden to taxpayers. Furthermore, these additional illegal “residents” skew the figures for many districts.

I’m not connecting the dots with George Lopez. In case you don’t know, he is not the first Hispanic to grace our entertainment industry. What is the relevance of mentioning his nightly valediction? Should we care?
Dear mr or ms benicar, i respectfully disagree, listen, not even anglo us citizens trust the government, and many make it difficult for the government to gather info, as a former undocumented, I can tell you first hand what the reality is like, I personally have never been counted, now that I recently became a legal resident will be counted in 2010, I personally know hundreds of undocumented, and not a single one of them has ever been counted, human rights organizations like the national council la raza have tried to get the undocumented to be counted( I am a former active member of NCLR) but they continue to refuse due to the lack of trust. I think there is denial among some people regarding the number of legal Spanish-american residents in the usa, despite all the available info., I guess if having false beleifs improves the lives of some people, so be it, but in your specific case mr or ms benicar, I have read some of your post and they appear to me as generally objective and non hyperbolic like so many other people, beleive me what I am telling you is accurate, but don't feel threathened spanish people are here to better themselves and the country......

Old 11-21-2009, 10:23 PM

265 posts, read 597,367 times
Quote:
Dear mr or ms benicar, i respectfully disagree, listen, not even anglo us citizens trust the government, and many make it difficult for the government to gather info, as a former undocumented, I can tell you first hand what the reality is like, I personally have never been counted, now that I recently became a legal resident will be counted in 2010, I personally know hundreds of undocumented, and not a single one of them has ever been counted, human rights organizations like the national council la raza have tried to get the undocumented to be counted( I am a former active member of NCLR) but they continue to refuse due to the lack of trust. I think there is denial among some people regarding the number of legal Spanish-american residents in the usa, despite all the available info., I guess if having false beleifs improves the lives of some people, so be it, but in your specific case mr or ms benicar, I have read some of your post and they appear to me as generally objective and non hyperbolic like so many other people, beleive me what I am telling you is accurate, but don't feel threathened spanish people are here to better themselves and the country......
Oh boy, you can't even keep your lies straight.

First you say that you've owned a business for years. Then you say you came here recently. Now you say you're an illegal. Which is it?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callo View Post
Oh boy, you can't even keep your lies straight.

First you say that you've owned a business for years. Then you say you came here recently. Now you say you're an illegal. Which is it?

I don't know what you are talking about, I came to the states in 1986, since then I have lived in Phoenix, where I established my business 2 years after I came, I became a legal resident just about 2 months ago, and will be obtaining citizenship next year, I don't know where you get the claim that I had said differently........

Old 11-22-2009, 06:45 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
To remain on topic, this will be my last post on this thread discussing census and illegal aliens. Do a little research, and you will learn how the Census Bureau compiles data.

It’s Ms. Benicar. The fact that you, or the hundreds of other illegals you know have never submitted a form, does not mean you were not included in the census estimates. During your 20+ years of illegal residence, did you ever seek medical care from an ER; or, pay rent, utilities, phone bills, etc? Have you fathered any children in this country? Did you bring any children with you, and if so, are they enrolled in our public schools? Everyone does not submit a form, including homeless who tend to be transient; but many, if only occasionally, avail themselves of tax-funded shelters. The Census Bureau has various means for estimating the number of residents in this country.

How do you think they have “estimated” 12 million illegals? There certainly isn’t a database containing the names of those illegally residing in this country. The government relies on the census data; which is one reason 12 million illegals is a conservative estimate. Believe me, the government knows more about you than you realize.

Why is it so important for you to believe there are more Hispanic “citizens” in this country than the data indicates? Moreover, why is it so important for you to believe illegal aliens are not included in the census estimates?

I’m not sure what has given you the impression that I feel threatened by Spanish-speaking people. Had that been the case, I never would have married a man whose native language is Spanish. No, I do not feel threatened by anyone living in this country legally, with the exception of the criminal element we are forced to endure. However, I do not, and will not, embrace illegal aliens; irrespective of language or national origin.

It is quite evident illegal aliens are not assimilating. After all, they are not here for that purpose.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:24 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,933,822 times
WOW!!!! Became a Legal resident about 2 months ago and will be obtaining citizenship next year.

That sure is fast...things must have speeded up a little.

Lets see now...I always thought that a green card was the first thing to get and then a five yr wait before applying for citizenship.

An exception to the waiting period would be for those who served in the US military.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
WOW!!!! Became a Legal resident about 2 months ago and will be obtaining citizenship next year.

That sure is fast...things must have speeded up a little.

Lets see now...I always thought that a green card was the first thing to get and then a five yr wait before applying for citizenship.

An exception to the waiting period would be for those who served in the US military.
Unless Latin King is pulling our collective legs here. Either he is an American or he may be a DREAMie.

Even with legal residency then going through the military to naturalize.........I believe it is 3 years. My dad went that route when he immigrated from Hungary (legally) in 1951; was drafted for the Korean War (kept stateside) then received his US citizenship in 1954.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration