Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2009, 12:56 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
As I recall something of that nature occurred in southern Florida with Elian Gonzalez several years back. I know a news story is released about these types of situations once in a while but it definitely isn't something that affects the typical undocumented immigrant and I don't believe that a significant number of them plan it out that way. I personally don't know anyone who purposely had kids here to try and protect them from deportation. In fact, everyone I know who gets deported just ends up sneaking back in anyways, so it'd be more of a temporary hassle than anything else.
I believe that Elian came here legally via the 'wet foot/dry foot' policy and that he was sent back home to Cuba where his father was (mother drowned enroute to the USA) so; 'breaking up a family' was, if anything, prevented.

As for illegals 'sneaking back in': fortify our southern border and issue 'shoot to kill' orders to our BP--------that would eliminate probably 90% of all illicit crossings for obvious reasons.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:02 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,977,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I believe that Elian came here legally via the 'wet foot/dry foot' policy and that he was sent back home to Cuba where his father was (mother drowned enroute to the USA) so; 'breaking up a family' was, if anything, prevented.

As for illegals 'sneaking back in': fortify our southern border and issue 'shoot to kill' orders to our BP--------that would eliminate probably 90% of all illicit crossings for obvious reasons.
we can only hope

Old 11-30-2009, 01:08 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,377,717 times
Quote:
Come on, you know this isn't a viable situation. Are you really that anxious to start World War 3?

Old 11-30-2009, 02:24 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Come on, you know this isn't a viable situation. Are you really that anxious to start World War 3?
What's Mexico got to fight with and what countries would stand with them?

Old 11-30-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Pardon me? Controlling our borders is quite acceptable under international law. Besides: who the hell is going to support Mexico under the above scenario?

[sarcasm]Maybe we (the USA) should start invading Mexico with lots of our bottom feeders and have them demand their 'rights'[/sarcasm]

Old 11-30-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
What's Mexico got to fight with and what countries would stand with them?
As it is........Mexico itself is showing the signs of collapse. Google Juarez blue helmets for additional info.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:06 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,377,717 times
Quote:
Pardon me? Controlling our borders is quite acceptable under international law. Besides: who the hell is going to support Mexico under the above scenario?

[sarcasm]Maybe we (the USA) should start invading Mexico with lots of our bottom feeders and have them demand their 'rights'[/sarcasm]
Welcome to the 21st century sir, we are no longer in a shootout world of cowboys and indians. If border patrol started shooting and killing people as they were passing the border it would be on CNN within the hour and all kinds of **** would be hitting the fan world-wide. It is not a situation our government would want to be in.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:04 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
"World War 3"? This is only about two countries the U.S. and Mexico not the whole world. I am sure that many countries shoot to kill when someone tries to illegally enter their country. All it would take is the known presence of our military on the border and a half dozen deaths to get our message across and that would be the end of it.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Welcome to the 21st century sir, we are no longer in a shootout world of cowboys and indians. If border patrol started shooting and killing people as they were passing the border it would be on CNN within the hour and all kinds of **** would be hitting the fan world-wide. It is not a situation our government would want to be in.
Relay what you just stated to the Mexican drug gangs if/when they try something stupid in El Paso----------then it will hit the fan which may lead to the end of Mexico as we know it.

And I repeat: we are a sovereign nation and we have the right to secure our borders----------under international law.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:38 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,933,822 times
We in the US are only privy to what is happening on our southern border.

We never hear too much of what happens on the border of other countries such as limited info of Iran and China who make a BIG deal of trespassers.

I would imagine that there is a large amount of shooting to kill on many countries/borders that is NOT written about in the newspapers or on the daily TV news.

Daily news is spoken on a local level and not thrown out to the world too hear so things do get shoved under the table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration