Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 02:16 PM

22 posts, read 36,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaimounaKande View Post
Many jobs are those which NO American wants. Not the white poor, not the black poor. They don't take jobs from the unskilled American labor force--they take the jobs the Americans don't want.

WHAT YOU JUST SAID IS WRONG PLUS THAT THE SAME THING BUSH SAID ABOUT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE YOU SAY IT JOBS WE WONT DO (WASH DISHES MAIDS, LABOR WORK, FARMING,FAST FOOD,) MOST OF THOSE JOBS AMERICAN WILL AND WILL DO BUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WONT HIRE US YOU WANT THE MEXICAN CHEAP LABOR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 05:15 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,938,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Please name the jobs you're talking about, MaimounaKande.

In fact, name ONE!!!
I agree with Guy. What jobs? Name one that nobody would want? Is it picking crops, which is about 3% of the jobs that illegals now perform? I had an SBC worker show up at my house a few weeks ago to install something on a cable router in my back yard; he was Hispanic and didn't speak a lick of English - probably illegal and probably making about 18 bucks an hour. Even the crop picking jobs would be filled with Americans if they were forced to hire Americans at a decent wage.

Old 05-14-2007, 05:29 PM

430 posts, read 1,394,806 times
There are still a lot of American workers doing all manner of construction work, and Evan work in landscaping and restaurant kitchens. It depends on what part of the country you are in, and the specific occupation and employer, too. But on the whole, yes we are being forced out over time.

In the S.F. bay area where I live, where the vast majority of these jobs are held by Latinos (and here Asians too), but I still frequently see both whites and blacks doing some of them. Not so with masonry work but I still see white carpenters and construction laborers in non residential construction (not so much in residential, though.) though. I see White and black janitors and cooks/ food prep workers all the time still, but, yes, they are a minority. but I see few non-Latino landscapers (there are SOME).

I Have NEVER seen any white car wash workers around here, though, and very few blacks.

We are still the majority in most (but not all) of these occupations in the nation as a whole, -but that is no longer the case in many parts of the country. And these jobs are becoming less and less available to native born U.S. citizens who are not children of "immigrants". In many parts of the country, you can just about completely forget about trying to get a lot of these jobs, though SOME are still available. We are being pushed out, and this is a deliberate plan.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:07 AM

3 posts, read 5,394 times
Default immigration is not so bad

stop thinking so selfish and think that there are people that die because they dont have money to eat , and they go to canada and the us looking for a bettter way of life, a life that their native country couldnt give theme, you should feel lucky that you are born in a first world country , and that you dont have to go thru all that sh&%$t , and besides yes mexicans and latin americans DO they jobs that you dont want to I bet that if you go to a house and say that you want to be their housekeeper they will give you the job , because they dont want to the get in trouble by hiering an immigrant , and dont say that immigration is making the "poor blacks" go and do criminal things to get money, beacuse you know there is no excuse to do that, I admit that many immigrants become criminals, and I dont defend theme but I do defend the people that work hard for a living and they want the same that you do , food a house and health, and If you would read more you would now that If you kick out all the immigrants in your country it would colapse and it would go in a great depression like the want the US had a long time ago, and I would love to see, who would wash your car clean the streets cook your meals collect your fruit, build your buildings drive the cabs and so on and so on , and what I would love more is to see what white american or poor black as you say , would do those jobs for that amount of money , so instead of talking crap I would sujest that you pick a book and read seriously you ignorant and foolish people beacuse you really dont know what is going on, I was offered a job, illegal ,cooking burgers in a restaurant I asked the owner why me , he said he posted and add in the paper for 3 months no legal person would do it , I found out a month ago he had to close his restaurant because he had no one to do the job he is the nicest person you can imagine he is american , white and blonde and now he cant pay his house and his car, but you say that there are us citizens that would do that job well please tell me who so that he can re open his restaurant again

Last edited by elsamalandrino; 11-12-2007 at 12:16 AM..

Old 11-12-2007, 06:17 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsamalandrino View Post
stop thinking so selfish and think that there are people that die because they dont have money to eat , and they go to canada and the us looking for a bettter way of life, a life that their native country couldnt give theme, you should feel lucky that you are born in a first world country , and that you dont have to go thru all that sh&%$t , and besides yes mexicans and latin americans DO they jobs that you dont want to I bet that if you go to a house and say that you want to be their housekeeper they will give you the job , because they dont want to the get in trouble by hiering an immigrant , and dont say that immigration is making the "poor blacks" go and do criminal things to get money, beacuse you know there is no excuse to do that, I admit that many immigrants become criminals, and I dont defend theme but I do defend the people that work hard for a living and they want the same that you do , food a house and health, and If you would read more you would now that If you kick out all the immigrants in your country it would colapse and it would go in a great depression like the want the US had a long time ago, and I would love to see, who would wash your car clean the streets cook your meals collect your fruit, build your buildings drive the cabs and so on and so on , and what I would love more is to see what white american or poor black as you say , would do those jobs for that amount of money , so instead of talking crap I would sujest that you pick a book and read seriously you ignorant and foolish people beacuse you really dont know what is going on, I was offered a job, illegal ,cooking burgers in a restaurant I asked the owner why me , he said he posted and add in the paper for 3 months no legal person would do it , I found out a month ago he had to close his restaurant because he had no one to do the job he is the nicest person you can imagine he is american , white and blonde and now he cant pay his house and his car, but you say that there are us citizens that would do that job well please tell me who so that he can re open his restaurant again
Few quick notes here:

#1: illegal immigration is a crime------'nuff said.

#2: the Great Depression happened 9 years after the borders were closed in 1920.

#3: the owner of the hamburger joint either was not offering enough $$$ to prospective hires and/or did not know how to manage his business.

#4: Mexico, the source of most illegals, is not poor-----in fact, few of their citizens are starving.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:33 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,152,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Actually most illegals take jobs Americans do want. They take construction jobs, warehouse jobs, restaurant jobs, retail jobs and others. It's extremely rare to find a job a needy American doesn't want. Look at all the Swift meat plant raids. Hundreds of Americans were hired to replace these economic terrorists. When Bush looks the camera in the eye and says illegals only take jobs Americans don't want he is out right lying and he knows it. He just doesn't care enough about poor American citizens. It is easier to lie.
Economic terrorists....I like that.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:20 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,953,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Really?

Ever lose a job to one of "those hardworking illegals?" I've watched the industry in which I grew up become inundated by illegal aliens. Design jobs are being farmed out to India or the Phillipines, while the production, fabrication, and installation side of the industry have been taken over by illegals.

My family has been in the sign industry for over 100 years. Few of us have survived the illegal invasion. Crafts which took years of apprenticeship are now practiced in the most rudimentary fashion, overseen by one person with an electrician's license.

The argument that illegals take only the jobs Americans don't want is crap. Construction for instance, the backbone of this country, is not a field in which Americans will not work. It is an employment field that Americans have been driven out of due to the undermining of the wage base by illegal aliens and those traitorous rat b*st*rds who hire them.

Jobs in the restaurant and landscaping fields,once filled by American kids working their way through school or testing the employment waters for the first time, are no longer available to them.

Field work, i.e.; farm work makes up less than 3% of the employment field for illegal aliens. The myth of the $3.00 head of lettuce hitting the supermarkets should illegals be deported is just that; fabrication by the illegal supporters to justify the millions of illegals in this country.

Ironically, recent studies show that of the (extremely low) estimated 12 million illegal aliens in this country (more like 20 to 30 million) approximately 7 million are employed.

Where are the rest you might ask?

They're sucking off of the big ol' American taxpayer teat, that's where.

There are no jobs that Americans will not do. I'm sure that the majority of the 15 million unemployed Americans in this country would agree with me. Americans demand a living wage. Illegal sympathizers promote the slavery and servitude an entire geo-political class of people they claim to support.

Who are the real racists?
You mean few of you have survived the outsourcing? Since when are illegal immigrants taking jobs designing signs?

Old 11-15-2007, 11:21 PM

3 posts, read 5,394 times
Default the job gets done after all

If there are 15 million Americans looking for a job because they desperately need money then they should work for the same wages as Mexicans do , because Mexicans can live with those wages and still have a couple of bucks to send to there families in Mexico so I wonder why cant Americans do the same, if Mexicans can live with those wages I’m guessing so can Americans .

And for the person that said that people in Mexico don’t starve I suggest you go to la huasteca or other communities outside the city and see because there are a lot of people starving I donate 17 boxes of food each month and trust they need it, people cant live out of tortillas and beans

And you are right Mexico its not a poor country but it happens that all of the money its in politicians pockets and 60 % of the population lives in extreme poverty I live here I know what happens

If you would really know how 60% of the population live, what they eat , how they survive maybe you wouldn’t hate us so much.

I imagine that it must be hard loosing a job for a foreigner but can it be possible for you to stop looking at nationalities and skin colors and start looking at them as people just like you that have needs a family to support they are doing their best to put food on the table and maybe it was a job that an American wanted but what difference does it make if it’s a Mexican or an American an illegal or legal doing the job , they both want the same and well maybe one is getting paid less but maybe is because he is more desperate for money I believe that we are both the same the only difference it’s a passport one is green one is blue but we all want and are the same just people.

I hope it never happens to any of you, but if you ever need a blood transfusion will you say that you want American blood ? is there a way to tell a persons nationality by their blood?, if they are illegal or legal? No, so what difference makes who gets the job done .

Last edited by elsamalandrino; 11-15-2007 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: A history forum has been created to debate history, this is immigration

Old 11-16-2007, 12:34 AM

86 posts, read 146,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsamalandrino View Post
And you are right Mexico its not a poor country but it happens that all of the money its in politicians pockets and 60 % of the population lives in extreme poverty I live here I know what happens

The same thing with money and politicians happens in the US.

The worst year of Mexico's poverty was at 42%, and as of 2005 is hovering around 25%. Extreme poverty was at less than 18% in 2004, and extreme poverty has been on the decline. Please, don't even bother posting anything if you don't even know what you are talking about.

That is an unacceptably high poverty rate, yes, but that doesn't mean it should be the United State's problem (we do help your government monetarily). Mexico is a Democracy. If these people voted instead of ILLEGALLY entering the US, maybe their country would be fixed? Why the hell did you guys fight a revolution to drive out the Spanish if you were just going to depend on another country for help anyways? We fought for our independence from a European Super-Power, and we are just fine, until illegal immigrants (of all nationalities, it's just the Mexican Illegal Immigrants that cause the most problems).

You call us selfish, but these people are destroying our country and our lives so they can hopefully have a better one. They are the selfish ones.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:17 AM

323 posts, read 742,427 times
Bravo.
Quote:
I hope it never happens to any of you, but if you ever need a blood transfusion will you say that you want American blood ? is there a way to tell a persons nationality by their blood?, if they are illegal or legal? No, so what difference makes who gets the job done .
Since I did hear that statistically a large amount of illegals are NOT given immunization, tested for TB etc idk. I would want the blood tested and make sure it's clean no matter who gave it or where it came from.

I'm half dead anyway. I guess it wouldn't matter. Actually, I think they can determine to an extent some nationalities. Like if blood has signs of Sickle Cell.

I'd give blood to anyone if I could and they were in dire need. Illegal or legal. Thats humane. Send the bill to Mexico and send them on their way back home. Since I'm not elligible to give blood. I don't think I'll ever cross that bridge. I have low blood volume and Iron poor.

The question really is would an illegal want my blood? Opps, sorry. They are already sucking all of us dry. Bad question. Scratch that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration