Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 08:47 AM

15 posts, read 85,623 times

Advertisements

One thing I have noticed about America is how many jobs that use to be done by poorly educated Blacks (African American) are now done by immigrants. This will have a huge impact on our society. It can not be helping the economic situation in the Black Community. I see it adding to their crime rate and social ills. It seems like Black men are really being hurt. There seems to be a strong belief by many employers that immigrants are harder workers, and will work for less money than Blacks. So the immigrants are replacing the Black workers in many industries.

I would enjoy hearing your ideas on how immigration both legal and illegal is effecting the Black community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 09:00 AM

126 posts, read 549,553 times
Criminal employers employ illegals because it is cheaper for them than employing any US citizen! They don't care about how the job gets done or hard work, they care about saving money!
I don't know how it specifically is impacting just the Black community, but I can tell you that it is destroying the US economy and undermining hard-working American citizens that our jobs are being handed out to these illegal criminals so these corrupt businesses can save a buck!

Old 05-14-2007, 01:06 PM

548 posts, read 2,649,227 times
Many jobs are those which NO American wants. Not the white poor, not the black poor. They don't take jobs from the unskilled American labor force--they take the jobs the Americans don't want.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:14 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,595,939 times
Please name the jobs you're talking about, MaimounaKande.

In fact, name ONE!!!

Old 05-14-2007, 01:21 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,681,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaimounaKande View Post
Many jobs are those which NO American wants. Not the white poor, not the black poor. They don't take jobs from the unskilled American labor force--they take the jobs the Americans don't want.
Actually most illegals take jobs Americans do want. They take construction jobs, warehouse jobs, restaurant jobs, retail jobs and others. It's extremely rare to find a job a needy American doesn't want. Look at all the Swift meat plant raids. Hundreds of Americans were hired to replace these economic terrorists. When Bush looks the camera in the eye and says illegals only take jobs Americans don't want he is out right lying and he knows it. He just doesn't care enough about poor American citizens. It is easier to lie.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:27 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,409,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Actually most illegals take jobs Americans do want. They take construction jobs, warehouse jobs, restaurant jobs, retail jobs and others. It's extremely rare to find a job a needy American doesn't want. Look at all the Swift meat plant raids. Hundreds of Americans were hired to replace these economic terrorists. When Bush looks the camera in the eye and says illegals only take jobs Americans don't want he is out right lying and he knows it. He just doesn't care enough about poor American citizens. It is easier to lie.
thats right...let me paste my reply on the "low hispanic area"thread here.

quote myself;I want to give a real example to those who think its uncaring not wanting to have open borders for anyone to come without regulations,to those who think "they just want a better life like you and me have",but without commiting to be a citizen.

When decided to sell my house in Miami I hired a painter to paint it.He was Honduran American,he spoke english and from the conversation I had with him he was proud of his cultural history yet proud to be American first,he entered here legally years ago.He charged me $1200,he did a professional job.

I could have gone to Home Depot,where on the road leading there are illegal immigrants who sit everyday waiting to be picked up for some work.I probably could have saved half of the money by hiring one of these guys,would the job have been done as well I dont know but...

The Honduran American painter that I hired,who is here legally and has a career,how much business and money has he lost to those who hired a illegal instead of him?In this situation his income has been compromised and undercut.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:36 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,409,362 times
and to add to that.The Honduran American painter I hired,the money I paid him he will use to pay bills,pay groceries or entertainment,money going back into the American economy supporting other American jobs.

The majority of illegal money made by illegals is sent back to Mexico or their country wherever it may be which supports Mexico's economy or where ever.

Look up the rules for immigrating to Mexico and you'll see for yourself how unbalanced it is.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:44 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,792,672 times
Quote:
If people repeat this often enough do they really start to believe it?

I remember when the illegals took the car wash jobs here. They didn't take the jobs through normal attrition. Caucasians held the jobs one week. They were literally all replaced the following week with illegals. Menial work? You bet. But as a high school kid, it was great and it paid the same as flipping burgers. It's not even an option for a hs kid now.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:06 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,754,674 times
Quote:
Really?

Ever lose a job to one of "those hardworking illegals?" I've watched the industry in which I grew up become inundated by illegal aliens. Design jobs are being farmed out to India or the Phillipines, while the production, fabrication, and installation side of the industry have been taken over by illegals.

My family has been in the sign industry for over 100 years. Few of us have survived the illegal invasion. Crafts which took years of apprenticeship are now practiced in the most rudimentary fashion, overseen by one person with an electrician's license.

The argument that illegals take only the jobs Americans don't want is crap. Construction for instance, the backbone of this country, is not a field in which Americans will not work. It is an employment field that Americans have been driven out of due to the undermining of the wage base by illegal aliens and those traitorous rat b*st*rds who hire them.

Jobs in the restaurant and landscaping fields,once filled by American kids working their way through school or testing the employment waters for the first time, are no longer available to them.

Field work, i.e.; farm work makes up less than 3% of the employment field for illegal aliens. The myth of the $3.00 head of lettuce hitting the supermarkets should illegals be deported is just that; fabrication by the illegal supporters to justify the millions of illegals in this country.

Ironically, recent studies show that of the (extremely low) estimated 12 million illegal aliens in this country (more like 20 to 30 million) approximately 7 million are employed.

Where are the rest you might ask?

They're sucking off of the big ol' American taxpayer teat, that's where.

There are no jobs that Americans will not do. I'm sure that the majority of the 15 million unemployed Americans in this country would agree with me. Americans demand a living wage. Illegal sympathizers promote the slavery and servitude an entire geo-political class of people they claim to support.

Who are the real racists?

Old 05-14-2007, 02:11 PM

22 posts, read 36,679 times
Question cheap labor

Quote:
Originally Posted by conversationist View Post
One thing I have noticed about America is how many jobs that use to be done by poorly educated Blacks (African American) are now done by immigrants. This will have a huge impact on our society. It can not be helping the economic situation in the Black Community. I see it adding to their crime rate and social ills. It seems like Black men are really being hurt. There seems to be a strong belief by many employers that immigrants are harder workers, and will work for less money than Blacks. So the immigrants are replacing the Black workers in many industries.

I would enjoy hearing your ideas on how immigration both legal and illegal is effecting the Black community.

why have a poor black to do it when you can pay a illegal mexican under the table and pay no taxes for the same amount
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration