Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 07:45 AM

51 posts, read 65,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Yet, given recent events, I am willing to contemplate a completely different argument: that illegal immigrants should self-deport because of family reasons or, more precisely, because of family responsibility. They should leave not to please Americans but to alleviate some of the pressure that has come to weigh on relatives back home.

After all, in large part, Mexican migration is an expression of family values. The main reason that most Mexicans are here in the first place isn't for freedom or a fresh start, but simply to make enough money to send home to their relatives so that their lives in Mexico might be a little easier.
While I am happy that he is advising his illegal alien raza to return home, unfortunately, it has nothing to do with him admonishing them for the 3rd world conditions they continue to impose upon America, her social services and tax payers.

Last edited by blacktalon1; 11-22-2009 at 07:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 07:49 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktalon1 View Post
While I am happy that he is advising his illegal alien raza to return home, unfortunately, it has nothing to do with him admonishing them for the 3rd world conditions they continue to impose upon America, her social services and tax payers.
Unless good ol' Ruben sees the writing on the wall and he; like a lot of other Hispanic ethnocentrics, is willing to throw the illegals under the bus to save his own hide.

Last edited by ArizonaBear; 11-22-2009 at 09:09 AM..

Old 11-22-2009, 07:53 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
It must be bad anytime the uber pro-illegal Navarrette is recommending illegals return home. They should take his advice and leave. The well is dry.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Unless good ol' Ruben sees the writing on the wall and he; like a lot of other Hispanic ethnocentrics, is willing to throw the illegals under the bus to save his own hide.
I think that they are all running more than a little bit scared. It is becoming more obvious each day that the economy continues to show signs of worsening conditions. Even more obvious is that the US is up to it's eyeballs in debt and one state at a time going completely bankrupt.

They are better off going home. As the aforementioned conditions grow worse, the natives will only become more restless, angry and hostile against the government and the illegal alien population.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I think that they are all running more than a little bit scared. It is becoming more obvious each day that the economy continues to show signs of worsening conditions. Even more obvious is that the US is up to it's eyeballs in debt and one state at a time going completely bankrupt.

They are better off going home. As the aforementioned conditions grow worse, the natives will only become more restless, angry and hostile against the government and the illegal alien population.
And I repeat: watch California how it handles its illegals.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
And I repeat: watch California how it handles its illegals.
As the number of unemployed increases there, I have a feeling they are no longer going to be coddled.

Quote:
The number of states with at least 10 percent unemployment held at 14 last month, the Labor Department’s report showed. The states reporting a record jobless rate were California at 12.5 percent, South Carolina at 12.1 percent, Florida at 11.2 percent and Delaware at 8.7 percent. The District of Columbia also set a high with an 11.9 percent rate.

California Was Among States With Record Unemployment (Update3) - Bloomberg.com

Old 11-22-2009, 09:17 AM

I apologize:

here's the link to the original story I posted:

RUBEN NAVARRETTE JR. is a San Diego Union-Tribune columnist.

Opinion: Ruben Navarrette Jr.: Immigrants, it's time to consider going home - San Jose Mercury News

Old 11-22-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I apologize:

here's the link to the original story I posted:

RUBEN NAVARRETTE JR. is a San Diego Union-Tribune columnist.

Opinion: Ruben Navarrette Jr.: Immigrants, it's time to consider going home - San Jose Mercury News
Wow: just wow! I read the Navarrette piece in its entirety and it is starting to sound like downright terror in at least the Mexico Hispanic community that the hammer is starting to come down------------very hard. And; when it does, legal immigrants as well as some US citizens may catch the blowback---------hence he asking, read that pleading, for the illegals to leave while the getting is still good.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Wow: just wow! I read the Navarrette piece in its entirety and it is starting to sound like downright terror in at least the Mexico Hispanic community that the hammer is starting to come down------------very hard. And; when it does, legal immigrants as well as some US citizens may catch the blowback---------hence he asking, read that pleading, for the illegals to leave while the getting is still good.
Amazing turnabout on his part. The handwriting is indeed on the wall. America is in the final throes of the economical, cultural and sovereignty battle for it's life. I think Navarette realizes that the natives are past being restless and are now very, very angry.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:58 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Well I have to say, I certainly agree with Navarette for once. The whole idea that it was better to leave a family and go work 2000 to 3000 miles away, never seeing the children much less being there to raise them was terrible from the start.

Massive illegal immigration solves no long term problem, illegals living here demanding their quick citizenship and amnesties never intend to go back and build the infrastructure, create jobs and so on back home.

The illegal ends up starting a new family, building a new life here, many end up abandoning the family back home or getting them smuggled to the USA where the illegal's wages don't cover their costs at all.

An illegal here who is fairly typical has children back in Mexico that he sees every 3 or 4 years but he does still send them money. He's waiting for his amnesty in which case he figures he can bring them and whoever else over, including his retired parents who also depend on his monthly money wire. The $200 a week he makes here seems like excellent money but it won't go far supporting a number of people living here where the cost of living is so much higher.

Another illegal just ended up going back home because he couldn't find work in Houston, he also was waiting for amnesty and figured that his problems would be over with amnesty because he was supporting his widowed mother and 11 siblings and recently a couple newborn babies his younger siblings are responsible for. He also had the intention of his family joining them over here once he got his amnesty. That was the promise the politicians have been making after all.

Multiply these by millions, because many actually intend for the relatives they bring to also earn some kind of living, washing dishes, working by installing drywall, raking leaves, live in servants and whatever else but it's really not feasible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration