Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 08:51 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times

Advertisements

Has anyone here seen this yet? If not, I suggest you do. You only need to watch the movie to understand that the major food companies in the US want undocumented workers here, and that is why you see them in farming and food processing areas.

Having no rights, just happens to workout for many food companies. Smithfield and Tyson even have agreements in place where the ICE can come raid the trailer parks, take some up to 15 illegals but cannot disrupt their food production by taking too many illegals. The top 5 food companies own and process 80% of Americans food using these illegal workers. They show 'inside' films of processing plants that are nothing but Mexicans.

The films main point? These companies also own major positions of government. So while you folks are in here blaming millions of illegals, these companies are rotating workers with no rights in and wasting our tax money with pseudo-raids as an illusion of progress.

My point? Attacking and demonizing these illegals will do nothing to fix the problem, you have to attack these huge powerful companies that advertise in Mexico, lure them in, and then hire them. US companies LOVE workers with no rights.

It is an illusion of epic proportions, not only will you see how unlawful these companies are, but it will also make you think twice before having a McDonalds hamburger or a Tyson boneless chicken breast.

Last edited by Mach50; 11-23-2009 at 09:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 09:47 AM

706 posts, read 940,222 times
I would suggest that most of us would agree that those who hire illegals are the primary force behind most of the problem, and that they should be sought out,fined,and face the loss of their business license....I am not paying taxes to ensure the success of any business at the expense of the law.

Go after these people and the problem will do a lot to heal itself.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:21 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Yes, corruption abounds. These despicable companies own this country; which is precisely what we have been saying. Illegal aliens and their faithful supporters need to realize that this is a primary factor for the failure of CIR. Why would these companies support amnesty, when amnesty would preclude the exploitation of their workforce, and force them into compliance with our laws? The corporate elite, our government, and special interest groups such as La Raza and the Chamber of Commerce, are all complicit in the raping of this country. They all profit from the illegal cheap labor industry; and I simply don’t understand why so many continue to believe otherwise.

Our disdain is not reserved for illegal aliens. They are simply one component. However, they also deserve the ire they receive. After all, no one is holding a gun to their heads forcing them to displace workers and depress wages. They realize they are harming the citizens of this country, but they simply don’t care. As long as they can benefit, they could give a damn about others. So yes, they will continue to be a focus of the opponents of illegal immigration. Without their willingness to violate our laws, there would be no illegal immigration. Likewise, without these unscrupulous greedy corporations, and their ownership of our government, illegal immigration could not exist.

Granted, illegal aliens are not the only culprits. However, excusing them would be as unfair as arresting a prostitute while ignoring the involvement of the john.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:05 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Has anyone here seen this yet? If not, I suggest you do. You only need to watch the movie to understand that the major food companies in the US want undocumented workers here, and that is why you see them in farming and food processing areas.

Having no rights, just happens to workout for many food companies. Smithfield and Tyson even have agreements in place where the ICE can come raid the trailer parks, take some up to 15 illegals but cannot disrupt their food production by taking too many illegals. The top 5 food companies own and process 80% of Americans food using these illegal workers. They show 'inside' films of processing plants that are nothing but Mexicans.

The films main point? These companies also own major positions of government. So while you folks are in here blaming millions of illegals, these companies are rotating workers with no rights in and wasting our tax money with pseudo-raids as an illusion of progress.

My point? Attacking and demonizing these illegals will do nothing to fix the problem, you have to attack these huge powerful companies that advertise in Mexico, lure them in, and then hire them. US companies LOVE workers with no rights.

It is an illusion of epic proportions, not only will you see how unlawful these companies are, but it will also make you think twice before having a McDonalds hamburger or a Tyson boneless chicken breast.
Proof please.

Till I see some reputable links; I take much of what you state in your post with a large grain of salt. Besides: maybe 5%, tops, of illegals are even involved in agriculture.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Proof please.

Till I see some reputable links; I take much of what you state in your post with a large grain of salt. Besides: maybe 5%, tops, of illegals are even involved in agriculture.
What in my original post do you dispute AZ?

My proof is all in the movie. Go watch it, it will blow your mind. Is food factory style processing/butchering considered "agriculture"?

Here are some links for you as well:

Tyson Foods Charged With Smuggling Illegal Aliens: Springdale Firm Disputes 'Absolutely False' Accusations by INS.(Immigration and Naturalization Service files suit against Tyson Foods Inc.)(Brief Article) - Arkansas Business | Encyclopedia.com (http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-81415160.html - broken link)

.... Poultry processor Tyson Foods Inc. and six employees have been indicted for conspiracy to smuggle illegal immigrants into the U.S.(Brief Article) | Food Institute Report, The | Find Articles at BNET

Smithfield Foods Case: Illegal Aliens to be Deported After Jail Time - NC Wanted (http://www.ncwanted.com/sidebars/story/2371764/ - broken link)

Last edited by Mach50; 11-23-2009 at 11:44 AM..

Old 11-23-2009, 11:39 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,931 times
Food Inc Official Trailer [HD]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eKYyD14d_0

Old 11-23-2009, 11:51 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Food Inc Official Trailer [HD]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eKYyD14d_0
Thanks for posting the video.

Quote:

While we all realize an estimated 2% of illegal aliens work in agriculture, nothing in this trailer alluded to illegal immigration. Thus, how is this movie relevant? More importantly, what is the basis for your accusations bolded in your second paragraph? If you have proof, please share.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:53 AM

Here is the exact part of the film about illegals, but you have to watch the entire thing.

@4:00 min it talks about the illegals...how government is cracking down on the illegals but not the companies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctikc...eature=related

@5:44 ICE is arresting Smithfield workers at the trailer parks, agreement between Smithfield and Immigration for 15 workers to be taken per day but cannot disrupt the plant.

The entire movie is available on Youtube for free, WATCH IT before you refute what I say.

Last edited by Mach50; 11-23-2009 at 12:06 PM..

Old 11-23-2009, 12:09 PM

706 posts, read 940,222 times
Default Not from a movie

Quote:

"First I’ll describe the post-raid situation at Swift. All six facilities resumed work on the day of the raids, though at a reduced pace. To replenish its depleted ranks, Swift launched a campaign to recruit American citizens, green card holders, and refugees. It raised wages, provided bonuses to new workers, and paid relocation expenses. As a result, all the Swift plants were able to resume full production within four or five months"

SNIP
Labor Market Effects of Immigration Enforcement at Meatpacking Plants in Seven States | Center for Immigration Studies

Old 11-23-2009, 12:11 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
"Illegals", as y'all like to call them, make up only a very small portion of the overall themes of "Food, Inc." I watched it yesterday, in fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration