Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 05:07 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
What a bunch of nonsense. Many employers don't give a damn about American workers. The reason many employees hire illegal aliens is because they are illegal aliens, and not because they can't find American workers to fill the jobs. By hiring illegal aliens, employers can pay cheaper wages with no benefits, and they'll have employees who won't complain about unhealthy or dangerous working conditions.

Illegal aliens do NOT sustain our economy. All of the workers in our country's workforce sustain our economy, and our workforce doesn't need to include any illegal aliens in order for our economy to be sustained.

Illegal aliens are lawbreakers, pure and simple. People who support illegal aliens support lawbreaking. If you think of these lawbreakers as your heroes, then that tells us a lot about you.
Truer words were never spoken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 05:39 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Who cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Why can't others appreciate their hard work? Why?
Ronald Reagan's opinions are about as relevant to me as used tissue that I just blew my nose in.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 11-29-2009 at 06:16 PM..

Old 11-29-2009, 06:11 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Ronald Reagan's opinions are about as relevant to me as as used tissue that I just blew my nose in.
Reagan=RINO.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:56 AM

776 posts, read 1,275,758 times
Quote:
What a bunch of nonsense. Many employers don't give a damn about American workers. The reason many employees hire illegal aliens is because they are illegal aliens, and not because they can't find American workers to fill the jobs. By hiring illegal aliens, employers can pay cheaper wages with no benefits, and they'll have employees who won't complain about unhealthy or dangerous working conditions.
I agree. Employers like illegals because they work hard for fair wages, and are less likely to sue their employers if they get a blister or stub their toe.

Quote:
Illegal aliens do NOT sustain our economy. All of the workers in our country's workforce sustain our economy, and our workforce doesn't need to include any illegal aliens in order for our economy to be sustained.
Illegals DO sustain key segments of our economy. Like the fresh produce and fruit industries. And a lot of the unskilled construction labor is done by illegals.

Quote:
Illegal aliens are lawbreakers, pure and simple. People who support illegal aliens support lawbreaking. If you think of these lawbreakers as your heroes, then that tells us a lot about you.
Who says illegals are heroes? They are just hardworking people trying to improve their station in life, and filling a need for cheap labor.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:36 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Illegals DO sustain key segments of our economy. Like the fresh produce and fruit industries. And a lot of the unskilled construction labor is done by illegals.

Who says illegals are heroes? They are just hardworking people trying to improve their station in life, and filling a need for cheap labor.
Many of those so-called “unskilled†construction jobs require “skills.†They were also previously held by citizens, and paid a decent wage. Cheap labor isn’t so cheap given the astronomical costs to taxpayers. At least the slave owners provided for their workforce.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Many of those so-called “unskilled” construction jobs require “skills.” They were also previously held by citizens, and paid a decent wage. Cheap labor isn’t so cheap given the astronomical costs to taxpayers. At least the slave owners provided for their workforce.
Oh, okay. So I guess the illegals pouring across the borders are not all just ignorant peasants after all.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:09 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Oh, okay. So I guess the illegals pouring across the borders are not all just ignorant peasants after all.
No, many of those jobs requiring skills are being performed by unskilled illegals. Ergo, shoddy work.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:06 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Not so many illegals pouring across our southern border anymore---------it is fast becoming a death sentence for them---------which is OK with me. Trespassing is against the law.

Now to clear the rest of those losers out of the USA so employers would be forced to pay appropriate wages.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:46 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
I agree. Employers like illegals because they work hard for fair wages, and are less likely to sue their employers if they get a blister or stub their toe.

Work hard for "fair" wages? You're kidding, right?

No, illegals do not help our economy. They only increase the profits of the greedy employers who do not for the most part pass any of the savings on to the consumer. We the taxpayer end up paying for the illegal's social costs.

Why this BS about them being hard working anyway? There are hard workers and lazy people in every ethnic group and status in this country. We have no need for cheap labor if it means cutting an American out of a job and breaking the law to accomplish that.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Work hard for "fair" wages? You're kidding, right?

No, illegals do not help our economy. They only increase the profits of the greedy employers who do not for the most part pass any of the savings on to the consumer. We the taxpayer end up paying for the illegal's social costs.

Why this BS about them being hard working anyway? There are hard workers and lazy people in every ethnic group and status in this country. We have no need for cheap labor if it means cutting an American out of a job and breaking the law to accomplish that.
The problem is, there are not enough of the bottom rung U.S. citizen workers willing to take low wages comensurate with their lack of skills. Many expect $20/hour even though they are only worth a fraction of this--like say, $8/hour or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration