Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 12:33 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
I agree with you all, F the economy, let's eliminate 20% of our customer base, close down shop and go into poverty.
If our economy can only prosper based on illegal activity -- then yes, F the economy and the crooks who profit from corruption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 02:30 PM

335 posts, read 328,969 times
Quote:
I agree with you all, F the economy, let's eliminate 20% of our customer base, close down shop and go into poverty.
It's not even remotely close to 20% of our customer base. It's more like 5-7%. I'd rather replace the illegal aliens in our customer base with currently unemployed Americans. I always put Americans first. You seem to want to put illegal aliens first. How anti-American of you.

Old 11-27-2009, 03:45 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,434,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
It's not even remotely close to 20% of our customer base. It's more like 5-7%. I'd rather replace the illegal aliens in our customer base with currently unemployed Americans. I always put Americans first. You seem to want to put illegal aliens first. How anti-American of you.
Now here's one "True Patriotic American".

Old 11-27-2009, 04:55 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If our economy can only prosper based on illegal activity -- then yes, F the economy and the crooks who profit from corruption.
Quote:
I guess it would suck to be an illegal alien or enabler of same.

Besides: as mrbartlebee pointed out; 12 million illegals only equals about 5-7% of our economy---------tops. Especially factoring the cutoff of remittances to the former's countries.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:51 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,427,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
"Although this is not outlined and they won't admit this, we feel this is an attempt by the state to enforce immigration laws," said Jason Riveiro, state director for the League of United Latin American Citizens, or LULAC.
Oh noes!! Ohio actually trying to enforce immigration laws! We can't have that Why do these groups think they are entitled to break laws and then SUE because they can't do anything LEGALLY!!! The judge better throw this case out

Old 11-27-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Oh noes!! Ohio actually trying to enforce immigration laws! We can't have that Why do these groups think they are entitled to break laws and then SUE because they can't do anything LEGALLY!!! The judge better throw this case out
I hope that the Ohio state Judge realizes the they're up against one of the Anti-American Hate orginizations.
I'll be watching for the results of this trial.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:44 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,377,717 times
Quote:
I'm not Anti-American as much as I'm pro free market economy. I hate limitations like this one, embargos, tariffs, subsidies and the like.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not Anti-American as
much as I'm pro free market economy. I hate limitations like this one, embargos, tariffs, subsidies and the like.
But you "ARE" Anti-American to some degree??

Old 11-30-2009, 01:04 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,377,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
But you "ARE" Anti-American to some degree??
I don't consider myself anti-american, although I am critical to imperfections in our system and don't take biases over disagreements with the U.S. governement and other countries, or U.S. citizens with non-U.S. citizens. This tends to cause people to label me as such.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:18 PM

Your either "True American"?.....or your NOT?.................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration