Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 04:30 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,331,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Do you leave the Keys in your car? I dont leave the keys in my truck...Im funny that way.

maybe you should expand you fear to people...not just aliens.
If you leave the keys in your car and it becomes stolen, yes you were negligent but the laws still state that the car thief committed a crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 04:34 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,578,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
If you leave the keys in your car and it becomes stolen, yes you were negligent but the laws still state that the car thief committed a crime.
And, only a thief would be tempted. I have seen keys left in cars, and not once did I entertain the thought of stealing them. No honest person would.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:34 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,538,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And, only a thief would be tempted. I have seen keys left in cars, and not once did I entertain the thought of stealing them. No honest person would.
Unfortunately things cannot be done nor recognized when done legally in this country, in fact seems frowned upon by those continuously advocating dishonest alleys for illegal aliens to take. Why wouldn't those who live as thieves continue to do so and more when they are rewarded for it.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:53 AM

50,432 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Quote:
Sounds like the classic, "blame it on the man" to me. Illegals commit crimes yet their supporters blame the American tax payers for their crimes. Not the fact most Illegals dropped out, have children at a young age and refuse to do anything about thier plight in their own Country. It's too simple to become parasitic and cross a border.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:32 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,840,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimy View Post
No because most people DO have to pay the price for their crimes...American citizens would be held accountable. Illegal aliens don't seem to be at the same rate or suffer punishments of similar severity.

If I stole someone's social security number the "I didn't know it already belonged to someone" deal wouldn't work, I'd be charged with identity theft or at the very least, fraud.

So yeah, I singled out illegal aliens.
both citizen and ilegal aiens are convicted for fraudulently using SS numbers. I dont know where you get the idea that aliens are not.

thats why I gave the key example, doesnt mater if your truck is stolen by a illegal alien or a citizen, your truck is stolen.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:34 AM

50,432 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Quote:
both citizen and ilegal aiens are convicted for fuadulently using SS numbers. I dont know where you get the idea that aliens are not.

thats why I gave the key example, doesnt mater if your truck is stolen by a illegal alien or a citizen, your truck is stolen.
Pretty sure it is impossible for a Mexican to steal your truck from Mexico. Impossible for a Guatemalan to take a job if he's in Guatemala.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:42 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,309,958 times
Quote:
well if aliens legal or not vote in maryland, thats on maryland and not the aliens. You cant complain of what you give freely.
lol Wow, what a great explanation. We, the people, are trying to stop that, so, who is giving it freely? LOL What the heck man? You think we LIKE GIVING our money to people who shouldn't even be here and who abuse/cheat our own system?

Old 03-15-2010, 03:46 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,309,958 times
Quote:
When I voted in the presidential election, I was prepared to show my driver’s license as ID. To my dismay, they didn’t ask for ANY form of identification. The lady told ME my birth date, and I simply responded in the affirmative.
That's really messed up. One year, I was not registered to vote in time and they just asked me my address and let me vote. It was my first time voting and I was not serious about it (I was 18), so I didn't get in on time and I just walked in and voted. It was at my high school and I was with my mother.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:27 PM

163 posts, read 241,119 times
Quote:
both citizen and ilegal aiens are convicted for fraudulently using SS numbers. I dont know where you get the idea that aliens are not.
Because illegal aliens aren't convicted or punished at the same rate as an American would be. Nor would the American citizen have the ACLU or other special interest groups going to bat for them.

Quote:
This pretty much says it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Pretty sure it is impossible for a Mexican to steal your truck from Mexico. Impossible for a Guatemalan to take a job if he's in Guatemala.
They shouldn't be here but since they are they need to be held accountable. That's it.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:47 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,578,536 times
Quote:

Obviously, you aren’t aware of the recent Supreme Court ruling. Illegal aliens can NOT be charged with ID theft when they STEAL a SSN, if they claim they didn’t realize it belonged to a “real” person. Tell me how many U.S. citizens can commit the same act with impunity. I’ll answer that for you. . . NONE.

Quote:
In a 9-0 decision, the justices say the crime is limited to those who knew they had stolen another person's Social Security number. The decision limits efforts to prosecute illegal workers.
Supreme Court rules against government in immigration identity-theft case - Los Angeles Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration