Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 01:29 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,302,233 times

Advertisements

I would like to see more from the UK...

AND just think, they already speak the language, in some cases better then we do.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:02 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,834,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE THE U.S.A. View Post
Im an old guy but i'm with you silas
Yeah whatever happened to that Swedish Bikini Team?

Old 05-24-2007, 02:04 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,611,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholmaren View Post
I'll check with my wife, I'm not sure if she'll approve
Who knows? Maybe she would, have you asked?

Old 05-24-2007, 02:16 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,611,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
I see that several people have expressed a desire to have less illegal Mexican immigrants, but who would you like to see more of?

Call me old fashioned, but since I have a lot of German ancestors, I think it would be cool to have a few more in our next crop of new Americans (others are still welcome).

Chime in, and say who you want and why!
I am with Silas777, but being a bit sheltered in my world experiences I cannot say who to choose. I suppose whichever group has the most young, single, attractive women who are irresistibly attracted to older, bald, fat men. Ahhh well. Perhaps a fantasy life will just have to suffice.

In a <slightly> more serious vein, I do not have any preference as to origin of immigrants as much as I would prefer immigrants with the attitudes more consistent with my life goals. It is hard to deal with people who are motivated in directions opposite to my goals, so it would be more convienent if everyone would agree to stop striving for things that make my goals harder to achieve.

They can still disagree with me, as long as they keep it to themselves.

Just in case someone has missed the overall intent of this post,.............

For Sale: Beautiful beach front property on mountain overlook. Free range Bison, kangaroo, and Unicorns on property. Quick walk to easy shopping in Manhattan and San Francisco. No taxes and minimal maintenance. Owner financing, low downpayment. $10k down monthly payments of $600 as long as you are willing. Send cash in care of this thread to ...............

Old 05-24-2007, 02:30 PM

989 posts, read 2,763,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post

Just in case someone has missed the overall intent of this post,.............

For Sale: Beautiful beach front property on mountain overlook. Free range Bison, kangaroo, and Unicorns on property. Quick walk to easy shopping in Manhattan and San Francisco. No taxes and minimal maintenance. Owner financing, low downpayment. $10k down monthly payments of $600 as long as you are willing. Send cash in care of this thread to ...............
I will laugh if an over-eager moderator moves your post to the "classified" section!

Old 05-24-2007, 07:04 PM

646 posts, read 1,788,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
Who knows? Maybe she would, have you asked?
I'll keep you posted on this - haven't asked yet, maybe you can get a two for one deal?

Old 05-25-2007, 09:52 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,363,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
I see that several people have expressed a desire to have less illegal Mexican immigrants, but who would you like to see more of?

Call me old fashioned, but since I have a lot of German ancestors, I think it would be cool to have a few more in our next crop of new Americans (others are still welcome).

Chime in, and say who you want and why!
None as far as I'm concerned, we need to focus on the poeople we have now, we are over crowded enough.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:42 AM

26 posts, read 307,436 times
i've been travelling all over the country since 1998 when i started to work for a franchise. I meant I've been so many places including Alaska and Hawaii. what i feel is that no matter what you do, you cannot change the trend that Latino will be the majority of the country in the near future (if it is not now but i still doubt the Census data because they didn't count on all people living in this land). buiilding the fence and stop all incoming immediately? sure. go ahead. but it cannot alter the trend. with the exsitng hispanic population plus 20m of illegals, the number can be doubled easily in the next 15 years. go figure. the appearance of the country is changing rapidly.

will US be the most advanced country? maybe not.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:12 PM

646 posts, read 1,788,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yeah whatever happened to that Swedish Bikini Team?
Don't mean to crush your hopes, but this is a myth :-)

Old 05-26-2007, 11:10 PM

9 posts, read 15,661 times
ya, I think we should let the Latinos run things look how well its working out in Mexico and central America.

I would like to have some of the newly empowered eastern Europeans as immigrants. Do you really think they would protest in the streets of the US with Polish flags? The eastern Europeans would be so grateful they would be learning English at lunchtime.

I think it would be unwise to take muslins in the country at this time. Call me silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.