Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 11:35 PM

989 posts, read 2,764,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coors4bob View Post
I think it would be unwise to take muslins in the country at this time. Call me silly.
What do you mean... the country could always use more cotton fabric!

Just kidding... we've all made spelling errors, yours just made me laugh!

Old 05-27-2007, 08:04 AM

549 posts, read 2,386,487 times
Eastern Europeans!

Old 05-27-2007, 10:35 AM

1,226 posts, read 3,648,937 times
Default Swedes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Sweden, preferably women.
Just out of curiosity, what is it that makes us swedes (females) that desirable? We sure aren't over here...
But yes, I agree, swedes should be everywhere- and plenty of us!
You haven't thought about maybe changing your official language to Swedish sometime soon? Sure beats English anytime...

Old 05-27-2007, 12:41 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,655,007 times
No more immigration! A freeze needs to go into effect immediately. 300 million plus is burgeoning enough for a society crumbling to its knees already. Unless the immigrant is HIGHLY specialized, so much so that no US citizen can do that job.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:26 PM

47 posts, read 129,544 times
I'm sure no one would object to a Swedish immigrants with their blond hair and blue eyes...typical Americans...of course they want more immigrants from Europe...or should I say...from the British Isles, Scandanavia, Germany and France because they "look" more American.

I'm Latino, and I would like to see more Hispanics/Latinos from countries other than Mexico. I live in NC and most Latinos are from Mexico. Give me some Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Hondurans, Nicaraguans, Colombians, Ecuadorians, Spaniards, whatever!

Old 06-01-2007, 02:17 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,685,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaranda View Post
I'm sure no one would object to a Swedish immigrants with their blond hair and blue eyes...typical Americans...of course they want more immigrants from Europe...or should I say...from the British Isles, Scandanavia, Germany and France because they "look" more American.

I'm Latino, and I would like to see more Hispanics/Latinos from countries other than Mexico. I live in NC and most Latinos are from Mexico. Give me some Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Hondurans, Nicaraguans, Colombians, Ecuadorians, Spaniards, whatever!
I didnt know americans had a "Look"
Talk about keeping racism alive!! Some need to pull the race card out of the rears and let it go. It isnt about race, you cannot demand respect you have to earn it. I am all for immigration, my family were immigrants, but legally and respectfully, and I dont care from what country.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:24 PM

Well it seems to me that you are looking on this board and posting a response after every one of my comments...and Americans do not have a specific look, but its easier for a white European, who has a high paying job to immigrate here than a Hispanic Mexican who has no job. I'm not trying to pull out the race card b/c Hispanic is not a race, its an ethnicity...and Americans are uncomfortable with our traditions and culture multiplying in numbers, threatning the "white man's" territory (and I can say this b/c I do look white, indeed ), so now they are raising cain about illegal immigrants...5 years ago you didn't hear anything in the news about illegal immigrants...now that Hispanics are the largest minority in the United States you do...coincidence...I THINK NOT!

Old 06-01-2007, 03:09 PM

452 posts, read 1,133,232 times
The reason you are hearing the outrage from "white Europeans"(by the way, not everyone on this forum is a "white European" I think its pretty racist of you to assume everyone on here is a "white European") is because of your little rally’s that your criminal friends decided to have. I myself didn’t give criminal immigration one thought until those rallies. Your criminal immigrant friends showed every American who and what they truly were all about. I would like to say “thank you” to you and please pass this “thank you” along to your criminal immigrant friends and family for me. If not for those all out American hating rallies, I would have never even cared and I do believe that goes for the rest of the individuals on this forum.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:18 PM

chloedog...EXCUSE ME BUT I NEVER SAID THAT EVERYONE ON HERE WAS A WHITE EUROPEAN...I HAPPEN TO BE ONE MYSELF AS WELL AS HISPANIC...AND HOW DARE YOU ASSUME THAT I KNOW PEOPLE WHO RALLIED WHICH IN FACT I DO NOT, AND DON'T CLUSTER ME IN WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS BECAUSE LAST TIME I CHECKED I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND AM LEGAL...HOW DARE YOU CALL MY FRIENDS CRIMINALS...WHO ARE YOU TO THINK YOU CAN DO SUCH A THING? You need to get your attitude in check and shut the hell up! If anyone is racist IT'S YOU, CLEARLY!

Old 06-01-2007, 03:21 PM

And might I add...if the US hadn't planned to change laws on immigration there would not have been rallies...the US decided to change the laws because the States were becoming overpopulated with Hispanics threatening the "American" way of life! If all the illegal immigrants had been British or Germans we wouldn't be having a forum on illegal immigration. CASE CLOSED!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration