Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 03:58 PM

313 posts, read 344,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
So, you see nothing wrong with illegal aliens receiving benefits that a veteran is denied? Yes, the issue is the fact that this man was denied benefits, but to offer benefits to illegal aliens is a slap in the face.
The two aren't connected in my mind.
I don't think illegal immigrants should receive benefits(that they haven't paid into at least), but I think the veteran's situation is it's own issue...not something that should be overshadowed by people's agenda against illegal immigrants.

It's almost like this man's situation is being exploited. The anger misdirected. He isn't being denied benefits because of illegal immigrants. But the anti-illegal camp is using his problem for their own pet issue, instead of specifically fighting for benefits for people who are disabled and/or veterans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
What proof do you have that illegals don't receive free dental care. They receive everything else free. I’m sure if they receive “free” organs, dental work is not farfetched.
Are you talking about specific cases, or are all illegal immigrants receiving free healthcare and organs?

Old 01-06-2010, 03:59 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,260,441 times
Quote:
What proof do you have that illegals don't receive free dental care. They receive everything else free. I’m sure if they receive “free” organs, dental work is not farfetched.
What proof do you have that they do? While there are programs for the poor in place all over the country I know of nothing specific that gives "free" services specifically to illegal immigrants. If they do happen to get something for nothing I'm fairly certain an American could to. It's not a case of taking money from vets and giving it to illegal immigrants, although that's what the OP wants to insinuate.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What proof do you have that they do?
And not specific isolated incidents, please. Keep in mind there's about 12 million people believed to be here illegally.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:24 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,309,334 times
Yea, it really doesn't make sense. It's always frustrating and sad to hear of how this happens. All I can say is keep fighting the good fight and continue to present these common sense arguments because it makes no sense for this to be happening. I never thought I would see a US that takes care of violators from a different country before its own. The US has always helped people and that is fine, but when it comes down to what is going on now, that's unacceptable.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:29 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,565,840 times
Quote:
What proof do you have that they do? While there are programs for the poor in place all over the country I know of nothing specific that gives "free" services specifically to illegal immigrants. If they do happen to get something for nothing I'm fairly certain an American could to. It's not a case of taking money from vets and giving it to illegal immigrants, although that's what the OP wants to insinuate.
Of course the illegals aren't using money earmarked for the Vets. That's a ridiculous thought. What's happening is that the Federal Government is cutting back on the money it spends on the Vets because it's running short of funds. And it's running short of funds because it's spending its money on too many other causes. And illegals cost the nation money, in many ways. Is there a connection there? Of COURSE not.

But illegals 'taking money from Vets'? That's silly...just as silly as illegals 'crowding emergency rooms'...or illegals 'crowding jails and prisons'..or illegals 'crowding schools'..or 'doing jobs once done by Americans'. How silly.
Illegals aren't 'ruining California's highways', either...It's just that the state's spending on highway construction has remained fairly 'static' in recent years (as the number of vehicles has doubled), while its spending on 'social costs' has gone through the roof. But the idea of an illegal 'taking money' from a highway project? Ridiculous!!

Old 01-06-2010, 05:52 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,309,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Of course the illegals aren't using money earmarked for the Vets. That's a ridiculous thought. What's happening is that the Federal Government is cutting back on the money it spends on the Vets because it's running short of funds. And it's running short of funds because it's spending its money on too many other causes. And illegals cost the nation money, in many ways. Is there a connection there? Of COURSE not.

But illegals 'taking money from Vets'? That's silly...just as silly as illegals 'crowding emergency rooms'...or illegals 'crowding jails and prisons'..or illegals 'crowding schools'..or 'doing jobs once done by Americans'. How silly.
Illegals aren't 'ruining California's highways', either...It's just that the state's spending on highway construction has remained fairly 'static' in recent years (as the number of vehicles has doubled), while its spending on 'social costs' has gone through the roof. But the idea of an illegal 'taking money' from a highway project? Ridiculous!!
Where do you live at?

Old 01-06-2010, 06:07 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,048,663 times
Quote:
Look it up Benicar. You won't find any data that says illegal immigrants receive free dental. A friend of mine who was in the country illegally, had to go to the dentist for emergency care. He paid every penny for the services he received. There aren't any free dental services for them.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:08 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,575,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
Are you talking about specific cases, or are all illegal immigrants receiving free healthcare and organs?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
And not specific isolated incidents, please. Keep in mind there's about 12 million people believed to be here illegally.
All illegals do not need organ transplants, but many who do are receiving them at the taxpayers’ expense. Some have even received multiple organs. The same is true for dialysis. I can’t imagine them receiving these benefits free, and being denied a tooth extraction. Can you?

There is more than enough evidence to prove that illegals are receiving medical treatment to the tune of billions annually. Check some of the threads on this forum, or simply Google.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:11 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,575,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Look it up Benicar. You won't find any data that says illegal immigrants receive free dental. A friend of mine who was in the country illegally, had to go to the dentist for emergency care. He paid every penny for the services he received. There aren't any free dental services for them.
Yet, we offer free prenatal, postnatal, WIC, welfare, organ transplants and kidney dialysis. Please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration