Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 09:45 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,636,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
Too bad you don't realize that before he was "kissing Hispanic azz", he was kissing your demographic's "azz".

Just like he's BSing Latinos, he was BSing you. You're still even using his language and ideas he sold you on.

Only difference is most Latinos aren't stupid enough to buy it.
Apparently Dobbs has decided that the McCain amnesty position would be the best stance to take if you're seeking public office? It's poor timing on Dobbs part, what with the coming conservative movement tsunami that will kick out a boatload of hispandering democratic politicians. Latinos may or may not be stupid but what they obviously are is tribally ethnocentric, which is a form of stupidity in itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 10:00 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,613,520 times
Quote:
Too bad you don't realize that before he was "kissing Hispanic azz", he was kissing your demographic's "azz".

Just like he's BSing Latinos, he was BSing you. You're still even using his language and ideas he sold you on.

Only difference is most Latinos aren't stupid enough to buy it.
Motives aside, he spoke the truth about this invasion, and opened MANY eyes. Few others would even broach the subject. Had he lied, then yes, we would have been BS’d. However, since he didn’t, we are simply now more enlightened.

Now, through his pandering, he lacks credibility, so no one really cares what he says.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:25 AM

313 posts, read 345,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
You sure are defensive sometimes. I think this part of the board is getting to you. LOL
Defensive would have been if I was responding to someones comment, instead of someones post.
Kind of like how you are responding to my comment indicating it might have "got to you".

Old 01-09-2010, 10:32 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,357,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Motives aside, he spoke the truth about this invasion, and opened MANY eyes. Few others would even broach the subject. Had he lied, then yes, we would have been BS’d. However, since he didn’t, we are simply now more enlightened.

Now, through his pandering, he lacks credibility, so no one really cares what he says.
I don't understand why any politician thinks they need the hispanic vote to get elected. There are only about 40 million of them opposed to 260 million non-hispanics.

I have to wonder if Dobbs sacrificed his principles for their vote if he intends to run for office or if he had been lying to us all along to gain ratings for his show. I hope someday the truth comes out. Will the real Lou Dobbs please stand up?

Old 01-09-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:

What he did is drum up fear and hate, influencing the nature of the debate. How many times were you guys on here repeating his rhetoric, straight from his mouth?
You guys followed him like sheep before realizing he was just a greasy politician in the guise of being a journalist.

You can't deny the influence he had on the "anti-illegals", and the direct control he had on the rhetoric of that side. He was pandering to your guys' fears, and he got a lot of money and viewers from it.

But even now, he has made his mark. He may no longer be in favor, but his rhetoric will stay as the base philosophy of the angry anti-Mexican immigrant camp.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:40 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,357,784 times
Quote:
What he did is drum up fear and hate, influencing the nature of the debate. How many times were you guys on here repeating his rhetoric, straight from his mouth?
You guys followed him like sheep before realizing he was just a greasy politician in the guise of being a journalist.

You can't deny the influence he had on the "anti-illegals", and the direct control he had on the rhetoric of that side. He was pandering to your guys' fears, and he got a lot of money and viewers from it.

But even now, he has made his mark. He may no longer be in favor, but his rhetoric will stay as the base philosophy of the angry anti-Mexican immigrant camp.
No, what he did is tell the truth about illegal immigraton. Fear and hate are not words to be used in the issue of illegal immigration. I doubt he influenced many but just reiterated what most Americans felt about illegal immigration already based on our laws and their negative impact on our society.

And your side doesn't follow the NCLR and other groups that are pro-illegal? What's the difference? We weren't repeating what Dobbs had to say we already knew how bad illegal immigration is to our country.

Admittedly he turned out to be a turncoat. Angry anti-Mexican immigrant camp? No, angry illegal immigration camp. Can't your side ever debate with honesty and without the race card?

Old 01-09-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:

I don’t “hate” illegals; I simply believe in the enforcement of our laws. Of course, the massive “immigrant” marches of 2006 did more harm than anything Lou Dobbs may have said. The marches opened my eyes; Dobbs only provided the coverage.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, what he did is tell the truth about illegal immigraton. Fear and hate are not words to be used in the issue of illegal immigration. I doubt he influenced many but just reiterated what most Americans felt about illegal immigration already based on our laws and their negative impact on our society.

And your side doesn't follow the NCLR and other groups that are pro-illegal? What's the difference? We weren't repeating what Dobbs had to say we already knew how bad illegal immigration is to our country.

Admittedly he turned out to be a turncoat. Angry anti-Mexican immigrant camp? No, angry illegal immigration camp. Can't your side ever debate with honesty and without the race card?
Mexican is a race? The people on here go to great lengths to make it clear that Mexicans are the majority of illegals in this country, as well as being the country adjacent to us, in order to justify the majority of the discussion being about Mexicans. You guys always throw the "race card" card down. Enough.

No, we don't follow the NCLR like you guys followed Dobbs. Dobbs was a tv personality, NCLR is a political action organization.

He had major influence, and still does because his rhetoric is ingrained into your camps platform. A lot of people just repeat what he has said, word for word. He talked about a real issue, but sensationalized it and drummed up fear and anger.

People who responded to the immigration debate with fear and anger have created the atmosphere of today. He convinced his target demographic that they were the real Americans, and everyone else is a traitor. He convinced you to blame Mexico, Hispanic-Americans for their support, and the illegals themselves, before questioning your own government's policies on immigration and corporations for their involvement.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I don’t “hate” illegals; I simply believe in the enforcement of our laws. Of course, the massive “immigrant” marches of 2006 did more harm than anything Lou Dobbs may have said. The marches opened my eyes; Dobbs only provided the coverage.
Selective coverage.
You know, kind of like how a politician pandering to a certain demographic would only give certain information.
Everybody cites the 2006 marches as when they went from being regular people to devoted anti-illegals. And a lot of your first exposures to the immigration debate was through Dobbs.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Selective coverage.
You know, kind of like how a politician pandering to a certain demographic would only give certain information.
Everybody cites the 2006 marches as when they went from being regular people to devoted anti-illegals. And a lot of your first exposures to the immigration debate was through Dobbs.
I really doesn’t matter how or when one became enlightened to this invasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration