Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 08:13 AM

50,478 posts, read 47,209,181 times

Advertisements

Border Fence Project

The Illegal Alien population is massive and growing. Alien rights groups now have access to Attorneys and know how to game the system by tying up everything in the courts. In the mean time Cities and social services are taking a beating. Many States are trying to stem the tide by proposing their own laws but the Alien supporters keep it simmering in the court system. These groups are fighting every cure to our problem like raids, E-verify, whatever is brought up as a solution. What's left? The fence.

Even at a price tag of 8 Billion - 11 Billion if true, we would recoup that in a short number of years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 08:32 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,841,115 times
The last staw of a movement that never really moved anywhere...Build that fence at the cost of trillions, not billions. and what do you have ...38 million immigrants inside the fence.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:59 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,334,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
The last staw of a movement that never really moved anywhere...Build that fence at the cost of trillions, not billions. and what do you have ...38 million immigrants inside the fence.
Movement that never went anywhere? How about the defeat of amnesty a couple of years ago? How about the raids that are being conducted? The fence is necessary for more than one reason. There are terrorirsts entering our country in this manner also. 38 million illegal aliens inside of our borders? I thought the pro-illegals always like to play down the numbers to around 12 milion? I think the number is more like 20 million. Implementing e-verify, recinding birthright citizenship, internal enforcement and taking away all incentives to come here will weed down the illegal alien population significantly from 12-38 million and deter more from entering.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:04 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,171,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Movement that never went anywhere? How about the defeat of amnesty a couple of years ago? How about the raids that are being conducted? The fence is necessary for more than one reason. There are terrorirsts entering our country in this manner also. 38 million illegal aliens inside of our borders? I thought the pro-illegals always like to play down the numbers to around 12 milion? I think the number is more like 20 million. Implementing e-verify, recinding birthright citizenship, internal enforcement and taking away all incentives to come here will weed down the illegal alien population significantly from 12-38 million and deter more from entering.
The pro illegal side is running scared hence their outlandish comments.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:23 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,468,876 times
Quote:

I agree with you, something has got to be done, what i am just not sure what, things seem to be getting out of control. All the things you mentioned should happen and even more. The illegal population is getting out of control.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I agree with you, something has got to be done, what i am just not sure what, things seem to be getting out of control. All the things you mentioned should happen and even more. The illegal population is getting out of control.
The murders of those three people yesterday (two American citizens, one Mexican national) who were for the US Consolute (sp) in Juarez may be the 'tipping point'.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:18 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,841,115 times
Quote:
Im not writing these posts in Italian or Greek... re-read my American-English language post. 38 million immigrants.

Thats what happens when a movement invents words with no meaning in the English language.

Self-deport
Hispandering
anchor baby

Old 03-15-2010, 10:37 AM

50,478 posts, read 47,209,181 times
Quote:
Oh, it's working. The Pro-Criminal groups have resorted to begging since the fence is doing it's job so well. We just need to finish it and these idiots will have to stay put.

The Daily Aztec - A GUEST'S PERSPECTIVE: Migrant border deaths a humanitarian crisis (http://www.thedailyaztec.com/opinion/columnists/a-guest-s-perspective/a-guest-s-perspective-migrant-border-deaths-a-humanitarian-crisis-1.2191041 - broken link)

Speaking of words with no meaning.

staw?

Old 03-15-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Oh, it's working. The Pro-Criminal groups have resorted to begging since the fence is doing it's job so well. We just need to finish it and these idiots will have to stay put.

The Daily Aztec - A GUEST'S PERSPECTIVE: Migrant border deaths a humanitarian crisis (http://www.thedailyaztec.com/opinion/columnists/a-guest-s-perspective/a-guest-s-perspective-migrant-border-deaths-a-humanitarian-crisis-1.2191041 - broken link)

Speaking of words with no meaning.

staw?
Quote:
Since the implementation of Operation Gatekeeper in 1994, estimates from the American Civil Liberties Union of San Diego claim as many as 5,600 people have died in the mountainous desert terrain as a direct result of the security plan. It was designed to prevent illegal immigration into the U.S. by erecting fortified fences and walls for miles along major smuggling routes and urban areas. Physical barriers and an increase in the presence of U.S. Border Patrol agents were meant to deter Mexican migrants from attempting to start a life in our country.
From the above link.

Frankly; if those idiots stayed home; maybe they would still be with their loved ones instead of dying horrible deaths.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Im not writing these posts in Italian or Greek... re-read my American-English language post. 38 million immigrants.

Thats what happens when a movement invents words with no meaning in the English language.

Self-deport
Hispandering
anchor baby
No meanings in the English language?

The above words that you posted as self explanatory--------just like Internet, blog, website along with many other recent additions to the world's most important language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration