Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 08:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,255,128 times

Advertisements

Hmmm Hating on children. Unborn children at that. Ok we all know where I stand on illegals. An unborn child is without sin and without blame. The mother is an illegal and she is here illegally. That sucks but it is what it is. We spend billions a year in countries only to see pennies on the dollar actually go towards what it was intended for. So we give this unborn infant a fighting chance. I can think of some bigger wastes of money and worse wastes of money.
I am sorry but I draw the line at this point. I can not and will not hate on infants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 08:30 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,540,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
this has nothing to do with Mexico, Zarie, Fiji or any other country but the USA. I fact is those women, where ever they are form are here. I have no hate for those women. But even if some did have hate in their heart for illegal alien women, what is the Logic in denying Poor American Mothers Prenatal care, because they Hate Illegal Aliens. I would rather continue funding for all pregnant women, then work to end prenatal funding for women that are not citizens. that insures that American women continue to recieve prenatal care.

Right now, there is no proposal the restrict illegal alien women from recieving prenatal funds. It was easy...far to easy, just to vote not to fund all the woman...legal and not.
And this is where illegal aliens have forced America to go. Compassion for people that steal food from my children does not exist, only contempt.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:52 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,773,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hmmm Hating on children. Unborn children at that. Ok we all know where I stand on illegals. An unborn child is without sin and without blame. The mother is an illegal and she is here illegally. That sucks but it is what it is. We spend billions a year in countries only to see pennies on the dollar actually go towards what it was intended for. So we give this unborn infant a fighting chance. I can think of some bigger wastes of money and worse wastes of money.
I am sorry but I draw the line at this point. I can not and will not hate on infants.
I've highlighted the root cause of the problem. To go on to write "It is what it is" suggests that you have given up on the problem, and would sooner allow the government to roll over than to fight for YOUR rights as an LEGAL citizen.

If I broke into your home one day and moved in, ate your food, bathed in your tub, wore your clothes, took your medicine, and lifted a few dollars from your wallet, and had my baby in your living room -- all because my husband wouldn't provide for me -- would you welcome me to stay in your home, perhaps sleep in your bed, buy my baby diapers and formula, or would you call the police and have me arrested for breaking & entering, theft, etc.?

No one is 'hating on' (loathe that expression, so gutter) infants, rather everything the illegal alien "mother-breeder" uses the pregnancy to receive, compliments of every taxpaying US citizen, for bearing her child on this soil, and not that of her native country.

Charity begins at home. Prenatal care for poor citizens first.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:41 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Lets be clear, the anti-illegal crowd stop funding for prenatal care for poor American women and illegal alien women, because the program helped illegal alien women. The program didnt run ot of funds. Anti illegal aliens crowd voted to stop funding.

Where is the Compassion for the poor American women?
I don’t know how this bill changed from excluding illegal aliens, to excluding ALL poor women. Nebraska had been ignoring the law, and the bill was introduced to simply comply with federal Medicaid law, which requires recipients of Medicaid to be U.S. citizens. Illegal aliens, pregnant or not, are NOT U.S. citizens.

Suddenly, this is a bill designed to deny ALL pregnant women of prenatal care. This is an absolute lie, and has been propagated by the media in an attempt to include illegal aliens. How does this differ from our laws prohibiting illegal aliens from receiving welfare, or being eligible to work? They are here illegally. Thus, they are not entitled to receive the same rights and privileges as citizens of this country. It’s just that simple.

This is a link to the original thread discussing this issue. Notice, it does NOT mention the denial of benefits to citizens.

//www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...gure-into.html

A recent article.

Quote:
Around 1,000 pregnant women who are illegal immigrants no longer will receive prenatal services through the federalstate Medicaid program beginning in early spring, according to Department of Health and Human Services leaders.

Because of strong pro-life sentiment, the state also has provided Medicaid coverage for all pregnant women, regardless of their immigration status. The assumption is that the prenatal coverage is also for the benefit of the unborn child, who will be a U.S. citizen once born.

However, federal officials have told state leaders that federal law prohibits Medicaid coverage for people who are not documented, except for emergency care.
Debate over immigration issues is on the horizon | Insurance > Health Insurance from AllBusiness.com (http://www.allbusiness.com/government/government-bodies-offices-regional-local/13758403-1.html - broken link)

Old 03-21-2010, 01:05 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,180,508 times
<<you can fast track all the pregnant illegals you want, but the fact is... that poor american mothers have lost their prenatal care.>>

It's a shame that American women have to suffer because of illegal aliens. Unfortunately, when people break the law, they harm others, and honest people suffer the consequences.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:29 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,180,508 times
<<you can fast track all the pregnant illegals you want, but the fact is... that poor american mothers have lost their prenatal care.>>

So, we see that isn't exactly right, so I'll amend my previous post. and just say:

Unfortunately, when people break the law, they harm others, and honest people suffer the consequences, even though in this case the claim that American women wouldn't receive prenatal care was erroneous.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:51 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,843,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I've highlighted the root cause of the problem. To go on to write "It is what it is" suggests that you have given up on the problem, and would sooner allow the government to roll over than to fight for YOUR rights as an LEGAL citizen.

If I broke into your home one day and moved in, ate your food, bathed in your tub, wore your clothes, took your medicine, and lifted a few dollars from your wallet, and had my baby in your living room -- all because my husband wouldn't provide for me -- would you welcome me to stay in your home, perhaps sleep in your bed, buy my baby diapers and formula, or would you call the police and have me arrested for breaking & entering, theft, etc.?

No one is 'hating on' (loathe that expression, so gutter) infants, rather everything the illegal alien "mother-breeder" uses the pregnancy to receive, compliments of every taxpaying US citizen, for bearing her child on this soil, and not that of her native country.

Why are anti-illegals stopping funding for Poor American moters as well?
why do poor American mothers have to be denied prenatal care? thats not solving the problem of prenatal care for illegal alien mothers...why not pass a law against that, instead of stop funding for ALL mothers? where is the Logic and chraity in that?

Old 03-21-2010, 06:55 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,843,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post

So, we see that isn't exactly right, so I'll amend my previous post. and just say:

Unfortunately, when people break the law, they harm others, and honest people suffer the consequences, even though in this case the claim that American women wouldn't receive prenatal care was erroneous.
Where in the article is that stated...that funds for American mothrers would continue...please cite.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:35 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,255,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post

Not giving up. But to deny healthcare to an infant or an unborn child?
You can loath whatever expression you like. It was an accurate expression. I want the illegal mother deported. I want all illegals deported including anchor babies. But while they are here we as a great nation can not justify not providing basic care to children. Are we no better than the crap holes of the world of which I have had the misfortune of doing duty in many?
How can we claim a moral high ground over such places such as the Sudan, Pakistan, or Egypt when we can't seem to work up enough compassion to care for an infant?
I hate that illegals and their supporters have an entitlment mentality and that enough US citizens seem prepared to turn a blind eye to the problem. Our elected reps are whores to special interest groups. The voter would rather vote straight party or party line rather than use the grey matter between their ears. Yes I hate on career politicians because they are the root cause of all the above and all problems in this country.
Would these pregnant mothers be coming here to push out that baby if we actually enforced our laws? If we nailed the employers? If we nailed illegals and took every asset they accumulated? Not likely. Its starts with and ends with our elected officials.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:41 PM

50,489 posts, read 47,262,476 times
If we had any actual "law" in this Country the mother wouldn't be here. If they actually tracked and did anything about VISA overstays those wouldn't be a problem either. They track down people all the time but it seems like overstays are invisible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration