Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 03:16 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,530,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
#3 - Actually, you are wrong, and I am right. I actually posted a thread with data regarding this; you are welcome to read it. Here, I'll save you the trouble of having to figure out how the search feature works:

//www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...-migrants.html
these figures while interesting, do not address this simple fact, 80% of fresh vege workers are illegal.

Quote:
Do us all a favor please: quit defending illegal aliens over the murder of an American by (probable) illegals..........most likely drug cartel members. Otherwise; you are skirting on the edge of treason if the latter two groups are of greater importance to you than an American------in his own nation.
I would love to see the line of reasoning you went throuth to think I defended anyone.

Quote:
I too have been in the "industry" called farming too for the last 30+ and there were some, but hardly any Illegals in the farming community. Maybe fruit pickers but when you look at the industry as a whole (wheat farmers, corn farmers, etc. ) it is a pittance. The only Illegal Aliens we ever saw were used by small farms to hoe beans.
If you can find where I extrapolated fresh vege to wheat, let me know.

Quote:
If they are legal workers then what is your beef?
?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 03:21 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,253,786 times
The topic at hand is Border rancher Rob Krentz and Dog found shot to death....
The man was murdered. From his last radio communication it sounds like it was an illegal who did it.
Clark if you like why don't you start a thread on how the USA requires illegals for agriculture. This isn't the thread for that debate.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:23 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,481,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
these figures while interesting, do not address this simple fact, 80% of fresh vege workers are illegal.
I am glad you found the posted figures interesting...OK - please provide the backup for your "simple fact" figure of 80%. If it is the truth, then the most that you have done here is proven that your fresh veg chunk of ag business in general is equivalent to a pimple on a flea's ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The topic at hand is Border rancher Rob Krentz and Dog found shot to death....
The man was murdered. From his last radio communication it sounds like it was an illegal who did it.
Clark if you like why don't you start a thread on how the USA requires illegals for agriculture. This isn't the thread for that debate.
Thank you! I have been posting this repeatedly. Talk about trying to hijack a thread!

Old 03-31-2010, 04:30 PM

50,486 posts, read 47,254,503 times
Quote:

I would love to see the line of reasoning you went throuth to think I defended anyone.

If you can find where I extrapolated fresh vege to wheat, let me know.

?
Dude, they don't make Coors Lite out of tomatoes. hahahahaha

So do you use E-verify for your workers or not? Asking in Spanish, "Are you a legal worker". "SI", doesn't count. Somehow people still try to maintain they aren't THE problem or part of it if they keep finding excuses.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:28 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,530,293 times
Quote:
I am glad you found the posted figures interesting...OK - please provide the backup for your "simple fact" figure of 80%. If it is the truth, then the most that you have done here is proven that your fresh veg chunk of ag business in general is equivalent to a pimple on a flea's ass.
A. It is anecdotal, from the employers of field labor. I am sure there is a stat on the web someplace, you are welcome to look for it.
B. If a $40 billion dollar a year industry in California alone is a pimple on a fleas ass, well then, I guess it is. And if the collapse of a $40 billion dollar a year industry works for you, it is a free country.

Quote:
Dude, they don't make Coors Lite out of tomatoes. hahahahaha

So do you use E-verify for your workers or not? Asking in Spanish, "Are you a legal worker". "SI", doesn't count. Somehow people still try to maintain they aren't THE problem or part of it if they keep finding excuses.
No, they don't, they make them from among other plants, hops, hop production entails much manual labor.

I don't know if this is news to you but in California tomatoes are machine harvested.

Growers do not hire field workers, field workers do not work for the grower.

I don't know if this is news to you, but e verify is easily scammed by workers.

Why hijack this thread from the Rancher's murder? I did not hijack this thread, the very first poster hijacked the poor man's death, to further his political agenda, by inferring that the Rancher was murdered by someone coming to this country to "seek a better life".

All accounts that I have read point to a criminal with no intention of coming to America "to seek a better life". To infer that the killer was in the process of coming to America to work was a Hijack from the get go.

Incidentally, I too have a friend on the border, she must be pushing 80 years by now, lives alone, she never locks her door, has never been treated rudely by anyone. She has told me that the "border crossers" let others know who the kind people are, much like hoboes did in this country decades ago. The chance that it was person entering for work, or even for welfare is slim to none.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:35 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,459,957 times
This article was on the news in Oklahoma.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 03-31-2010 at 05:57 PM..

Old 03-31-2010, 06:27 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times
Quote:
A. It is anecdotal, from the employers of field labor. I am sure there is a stat on the web someplace, you are welcome to look for it.
B. If a $40 billion dollar a year industry in California alone is a pimple on a fleas ass, well then, I guess it is. And if the collapse of a $40 billion dollar a year industry works for you, it is a free country.

No, they don't, they make them from among other plants, hops, hop production entails much manual labor.

I don't know if this is news to you but in California tomatoes are machine harvested.

Growers do not hire field workers, field workers do not work for the grower.

I don't know if this is news to you, but e verify is easily scammed by workers.

Why hijack this thread from the Rancher's murder? I did not hijack this thread, the very first poster hijacked the poor man's death, to further his political agenda, by inferring that the Rancher was murdered by someone coming to this country to "seek a better life".

All accounts that I have read point to a criminal with no intention of coming to America "to seek a better life". To infer that the killer was in the process of coming to America to work was a Hijack from the get go.

Incidentally, I too have a friend on the border, she must be pushing 80 years by now, lives alone, she never locks her door, has never been treated rudely by anyone. She has told me that the "border crossers" let others know who the kind people are, much like hoboes did in this country decades ago. The chance that it was person entering for work, or even for welfare is slim to none.
FYI: the media stated that Krentz's murderer was quite likely an illegal alien----------so, take it up with FOX, etc.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,588,195 times
According to this report, Mr. Krentz phoned his brother, and his brother was only able to understand, “illegal alien” and “hurt.” That was the last transmission.

The Mystery of the Murdered Rancher - Border Reporter – News That Crossed The Line

Old 03-31-2010, 07:07 PM

50,486 posts, read 47,254,503 times
Quote:
The news article on Faux states that the various scenarios all point to the killer being part of a criminal gang.
The killer was probably not someone crossing to work, or intending to stay in the US.

To smear all persons who enter this country illegally to work by associating this killer with them, is the same as saying all Italians are Mafia.

Or all Christians want to kill a LEO and then massacre the attendees at his funeral in order to foment an uprising against the government.

Although, smearing an entire group because of the actions of a few is not a new concept, although, it is, fundamentally dishonest.
Here is your original Hijack of this thread. You read "Mexican" and got in a huff. We are talking about crimes from Illegal Aliens, all are not bad, all are not good but the fact is most are Mexican. This is a serious problem and supplying your business with cheap labor doesn't trump the fact that we need to protect our citizens and border. Hire Americans or Visa holders next time.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:11 PM

19,585 posts, read 9,589,599 times
Yeah, and I would think it would be a slap in the face to all Mexicans that did enter this country LEGALLY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration