Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 07:49 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,202 times

Advertisements

Has the U.S. betrayed Texas?

I had no idea those attending the march at Washington, D.C. were paid $100.00 per day to go. Also, it does seem our government is assisting in the attitude that there are no borders.

Quote:
“We want Texas!”
Eagan’s account was confirmed by a second Texan who witnessed the events. Tony Corsault of Wichita Falls, also a realtor, reported the protesters were not just calling for amnesty -- they wanted to eliminate border controls completely.
“They were chanting ‘We Want Texas!’ in English, too,” he said. “I talked to a couple of them, they weren’t all just Hispanic, there were a lot of Caribbeans there too. They acted like there shouldn’t be a border at all.
“I said, ‘Well, shouldn’t we have some kind of control over our borders? They said, ‘What do you mean, OUR borders?’ There aren’t any borders!”
Corsault said the no-borders attitude is being promoted not only by the current administration, but also blamed the previous administration of George W. Bush. “He didn’t do anythying to stop it, either,” Corsault said. “They acted like there should be no border between Texas and Mexico, that Texas belongs to them.”
My talk with Eagan and Corsault helped a lot of dots suddenly connect.
Quote:
• Why has the administration gone out of its way to pointedly ignore every request from Texas Gov. Rick Perry for more resources to defend Texas from incursions by Mexican military forces?
• Why has the government, despite repeated threats from Texas and other states to leave the Union, pointedly pursued policies which are certain to force them toward that decision?
• Why has the Republican leadership, from the time of Ronald Reagan to Arizona Sen. John McCain today, caved in on the issue of amnesty and failed to defend the border from invasion?
• Why did the government (under Bush) build “concentration camps” capable of housing millions of people all around the U.S., taking no pains to hide them?
Hmmm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 08:21 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,750,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Has the U.S. betrayed Texas?

I had no idea those attending the march at Washington, D.C. were paid $100.00 per day to go. Also, it does seem our government is assisting in the attitude that there are no borders.

Hmmm...
Quote:
[SIZE=-1]A decade or so ago, Daniel Miller and the Republic of Texas group made a small splash in the regional news with their assertion that Texas should secede from the Union. A lot of people got a good chuckle. Folks aren't laughing at them any more. [/SIZE]
Dave Mundy

I wouldn't take the author of the article too seriously when it comes to politics. I do like his photographic work though.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:32 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,202 times
I've also witnessed a speech by a previous leader of mexico instructing mexicans to go to the United States and take it back! It is no wonder they have this attitude of entitlement.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:07 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I've also witnessed a speech by a previous leader of mexico instructing mexicans to go to the United States and take it back! It is no wonder they have this attitude of entitlement.
Needless to say: the odds are many times greater that once the dust settles-----------Mexico will have shrunken even further with at least that nation's northern tier of states becoming part of the USA; lock, stock and barrel.

The ideas of Political Correctness and multiculturalism are fast becoming unacceptable in mainstream society---------since they are not compatible with our dominant WASP based culture.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:46 PM

555 posts, read 877,433 times
I was in Walmart last week and encountered an Hispanic wearing a "Aztlan" shirt. I walked right by him and said "F--k that," but he didn't hear me because he was wearing a Walkman. I should have spoken louder. Next time I will, but I'd hate to be barred from Wally World. These people have a lot of nerve, displaying such treasonous sentiments in our country. If Arizona approves concealed carry without a permit, I will carry and start wearing a "Border Patrol" cap to Walmart.

Let's get ready to rumble!

Old 04-03-2010, 10:50 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,837,469 times
Default Notice to the World...Texas is doing Fine.

I dont know about all this hog wash, but Texas is doing fine...and our economy is getting better and better by the month.

Texas is not going to secede. Hard wording Texas' of all races, cultures, and faiths are getting alone ...better than most.

In the words of our great State..."Dont Mess with Texas".

Old 04-04-2010, 07:04 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Needless to say: the odds are many times greater that once the dust settles-----------Mexico will have shrunken even further with at least that nation's northern tier of states becoming part of the USA; lock, stock and barrel.

The ideas of Political Correctness and multiculturalism are fast becoming unacceptable in mainstream society---------since they are not compatible with our dominant WASP based culture.
On the flip side of making the northern part of Mexico part of the U.S. I would be concerned about what country the Mexicans that reside there would become a part of then. We don't need to absorb anymore of Mexico's citizens into our country. We already have a problem with assimilation and the dilution of our culture through illegal immigration from south of our border.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
I was in Walmart last week and encountered an Hispanic wearing a "Aztlan" shirt. I walked right by him and said "F--k that," but he didn't hear me because he was wearing a Walkman. I should have spoken louder. Next time I will, but I'd hate to be barred from Wally World. These people have a lot of nerve, displaying such treasonous sentiments in our country. If Arizona approves concealed carry without a permit, I will carry and start wearing a "Border Patrol" cap to Walmart.

Let's get ready to rumble!
Easy there. Hassling someone for wearing an 'Aztlan' T shirt is silly at best--------that would be akin to a person ragging on somebody for wearing a shirt saying 'The South will rise again'.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
On the flip side of making the northern part of Mexico part of the U.S. I would be concerned about what country the Mexicans that reside there would become a part of then. We don't need to absorb anymore of Mexico's citizens into our country. We already have a problem with assimilation and the dilution of our culture through illegal immigration from south of our border.
A lot of the more nationalistic Mexicans would flee further south with the ones staying saying good riddance to Mexico City's control/ineptitude.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:59 AM

2,847 posts, read 2,519,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I dont know about all this hog wash, but Texas is doing fine...and our economy is getting better and better by the month.

Texas is not going to secede. Hard wording Texas' of all races, cultures, and faiths are getting alone ...better than most.

In the words of our great State..."Dont Mess with Texas".
Texas budget chief: Shortfall at least $11 billion

By Kate Alexander | Monday, March 8, 2010, 12:29 PM
Texas’ economy seems to have turned a corner, but the improvement won’t be enough to avoid a significant shortfall next year, top budget officials said Monday.
John Heleman, the comptroller’s chief revenue estimator, said Texas is beginning to add jobs, and he expects sales tax collections to pick up later this year.
In February, the state’s sales tax collections were down 8.8 percent over the same month a year earlier. Though still a negative number, it is better than the 14 percent decrease seen the previous month.
“One month certainly doesn’t make a trend, but it is encouraging to see that we are beginning to move in the right direction,” Heleman said.
The state’s sales tax revenue collection is an important indicator of Texas’s fiscal health because that money fills more than half of the state’s general revenue fund.
Even so, the state’s budget shortfall is expected to be $11 billion at a minimum and could reach as high as $15 billion, John O’Brien, the executive director of the Legislative Budget Board, told the House Appropriations Committee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration