Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2007, 10:11 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,940 times

Advertisements

Report here if you think someone is employing illegals:

SmartBusinessPractices

If you suspect the competition is using an illegal workforce, contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)'s Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)

According to one of our Smart Business Practice readers who spoke with an ICE agent, "the mere 'suspicion' that a company's employees
are illegal aliens is all that is necessary to make the call to commence an
investigation."

Find a business in your area that does not employ illegals:

Employment Eligibility Verification (EEV)/Basic Pilot Program Database
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 10:16 AM

This is a new program sponsered by NumberUSA. Encourage businesses to register.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:18 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,743 times
citigirl - I admire your efforts....And, this is something that should have been done 15 years ago.

The problem is that now so many people are using illegals, that there is a good chance that each one of us knows at least one family member or neighbor or friend that is using illegal labor...

And, how many people are going to turn them in?

Think of all the landscapers, contractors, plumbers, electricians...restaurants, and any other small business that you know or use...How many have at least one illegal?...And, how many of us are willing to turn these small business people in?

It's a dilemma....What a freaking mess this has become...

I would say it's best to start at the top...In other words, if you know of any really well-off family (or politically connected people) that you know has any illegals working for them (cleaning their house, babysitting, landscaping) - Either report them, or at the very least call them up and leave a message that you will turn them in...

Most likely they are using a landscaper or cleaning service or contractor that is using illegals. So, if you give them a warning, they will put the pressure on their service provider to get rid of the illegals, or not bring them on their property.

If we're going to get people in trouble - Get the ones with the big bucks and connections - That will get the issue resolved.

Though it still infuriates me that the small business people are also scamming the system...Let's face it, if they are paying people off the books, they are also making income off the books...So, not only are they cheating this country out of wage income taxes...They are also cheating the rest of us by not paying their (business) income taxes....And, how fair is that to those of us "going by the books".

Last edited by migee; 06-12-2007 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: mis-spelling

Old 06-12-2007, 01:12 PM

You are right it's best to start at the top...In other words, the really well-off family (or politically connected people) that have illegals working for them are usually the ones that have the businesses that hire illigal immigrants s it is best to attack the business, which attacks their pocket, which attacks their ability to afford those gardeners.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:43 PM

398 posts, read 1,410,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
citigirl - I admire your efforts....And, this is something that should have been done 15 years ago.

The problem is that now so many people are using illegals, that there is a good chance that each one of us knows at least one family member or neighbor or friend that is using illegal labor...

Think of all the landscapers, contractors, plumbers, electricians...restaurants, and any other small business that you know or use...How many have at least one illegal?...And, how many of us are willing to turn these small business people in?

It's a dilemma....What a freaking mess this has become...

I would say it's best to start at the top...In other words, if you know of any really well-off family (or politically connected people) that you know has any illegals working for them (cleaning their house, babysitting, landscaping) - Either report them, or at the very least call them up and leave a message that you will turn them in...

Most likely they are using a landscaper or cleaning service or contractor that is using illegals. So, if you give them a warning, they will put the pressure on their service provider to get rid of the illegals, or not bring them on their property.

If we're going to get people in trouble - Get the ones with the big bucks and connections - That will get the issue resolved.

Though it still infuriates me that the small business people are also scamming the system...Let's face it, if they are paying people off the books, they are also making income off the books...So, not only are they cheating this country out of wage income taxes...They are also cheating the rest of us by not paying their (business) income taxes....And, how fair is that to those of us "going by the books".

With all your respect, THE LAW IS EQUAL FOR EVERYBODY. That means, not because I know somebody or is my friend, I'm going to be part of a crime. If I know somebody hiring illegal immigrants, I AM GOING TO TURN HIM IN, no matter what. Somebody using criminals to make more money, means taking advantage over the rest of the hard working Americans and that is not fair. That is not how our system was designed. That is the way things work in the third world; big efforts are being made to turn this nation into a third world but they are not gonna make it!

I agree with you that we should start from the top but this is part of the problem too! Americans MUST be serious about this. Those who don't care and are part of the problem must be penalized.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:15 PM

233 posts, read 440,037 times
Talking No Problem here

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++I Personally I have absolutely no problem turning anyone in that hires illegals, I see them as traitors to our constitution and to the American public. They in effect are telling American citizens that they don't care if they have the ability to feed and house their families as long as they (the business owners) are able to make a tidy profit for themselves and keep wages down to significantly increase those profits. Would you allow your neighbor to come into your home and steal from you.................that is what these people are allowing and encouraging by their actions, they are allowing the ability to earn a decent living to be stolen from the average American. I feel absolutely NO sympathy for them if they loose their business or homes because they don't care for this country or those who built it. I have turned many in and have found that many times the old INS just ignored the call, however being the rat terriers they are the IRS was always happy to receive tips of tax evasion and happy to chase these lawbreakers down.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:21 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,833,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post

Well, you start by criminalizing unlawful presence in the USA. You start by mandating jail time for anyone hiring an illegal alien or subcontracting to companies who are made of illegals.

Once you start attrition (basically putting pressure on illegals and employers), we will slowly replace illegals with unskilled US workers. Once at least 10 million out of the 20 millions illegals are replaced

In respect to your comments, yes, US companies are 'prostituted and addicted to illegal labor' (as my best friend points out). But where I currently live, we have American (white and black) people working at Walmart and they speak ENGLISH!! We have white construction crews and shop keepers. The two gas stations I go to are high school girls working (both white). Yes, the landscapers are Mexican and none of them speak English but I called two other companies as I do NOT use any service that employs illegals and they ahve US (again mostly white and some black) workers. How much more they cost a month?? $6!!! That is how much more it costs to hire a company that uses US workers!!!

Where do I live? Outside of Denver!! So don't tell me it cannot be done! It can. If we can fight off this amnesty until 2008 and trhen Mitt Romney or Fred Thompson take over the White House after Presidente Jorge Busho (whom has screwed up in this amnesty push) we can get illegals out. That is why Democrats are DESPERATE to get the amnesty passed now rather than wait for the GOP to re-take control in 2008.

Once we get rid of at least 1/2 of our illegals and we arrest and imprison any alien convicted of a felony (of any kind) then we can have a guest worker program, a MODERATE one where there will be reviews to make sure US wages are not being hurt by the program. This program, which has been used in Canada without problems for over 20 years, people will come and work and if they do not leave after their 6 months term is up they will automatically be arrested by local cops and charged with a misdeameanor crime. No brining of family members while in the 6 month work tour so there are no 'anchor babies'.

It can be done.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:59 PM

398 posts, read 1,410,025 times
If penalties are really high and scary, most of the employers will start firing that ILLEGAL LOSSFORCE before they are catched.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration