Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 11:08 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,604,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Here is my personal opinion on the law. I personally think the law was designed to be controversial on purpose. It was designed specifically to ignite a flame under Obama and the feds.

I doubt Arizona will even enforce it that hard (great right?).
I think they hoped that too. They would rather have the federal government do it than to have their police do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 11:12 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,540,265 times
There are still alot of uninformed people. Today, my daughter called and told me she was discussing illegal immigration at work discussing facts and myths. But at least they are now talking about it. Knowledge is power.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:38 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,161,398 times
if nothing else, this law and the laws that will follow in other states MAY wake the present administration from it's coma and make them realize that the CITIZENS believe that there is a problem.... altho I gotta admit.... wakin Scarey Harry and Barbra Piglosi may take some doing.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:39 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,679,859 times
its so rich that this is even a topic. how many lies and myths are propagated about what "illegals" do or dont do in the US. what they get or dont get in the US. (example those chain emails about jose and joe.)

its safe to say that ignorance exists all around.
very few people know this issue intimately and factually.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:18 PM

470 posts, read 462,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
its so rich that this is even a topic. how many lies and myths are propagated about what "illegals" do or dont do in the US. what they get or dont get in the US. (example those chain emails about jose and joe.)

its safe to say that ignorance exists all around.
very few people know this issue intimately and factually.
There is absolutely nothing to "know" except they are ILLEGAL!

Old 04-30-2010, 01:29 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,541,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Here is my personal opinion on the law. I personally think the law was designed to be controversial on purpose. It was designed specifically to ignite a flame under Obama and the feds.
Yep. This should have been obvious to anyone with a working brain cell. Isn't it funny how people are quick to notice politicization at certain times, but blind to it at others.

Quote:
I doubt Arizona will even enforce it that hard (great right?).
Yep again. One look at the two year old AZ employer sanctions law would have shown that. That law has rarely been enforced.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:29 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,480,535 times
Even the damn politicians have no idea what they support!

Janice Hahn, LA City Councilwoman got her ass handed to her on the radio by John Phillips on KABC-790 this morning.

She's been in news interviews comparing the AZ bill to Nazi Germany and the radio host asked her to tell him how many people Hitler killed and she couldn't answer the question. She basically refused to answer the question because her comparison is so absurd. She ended the interview by hanging up on him.

I don't know who the hell votes for these idiots.

The interview is available here!!!

http://www.kabc.com//article.asp?id=1790049&SPID=33483

It is definitely worth a listen. The regular hosts are on vacation for 2 days so they have a guest host standing in and boy did he give it to her good!

It's already in the news!!! Awesome!!! Check this link out!!!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...date_hahn.html

Lieutenant Governor candidate! HAAAA! HAAA HELL!

Last edited by LuckyGem; 04-30-2010 at 01:39 PM..

Old 04-30-2010, 02:26 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,759,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Excellent! This is precisely what’s happening with the AZ law. On the news this morning, it was mentioned that the law has been amended to clarify what constitutes “reasonable suspicion” and to assuage fears and confusion. Sadly, the sheeple will still oppose, because they have been programmed to do so. Stepford Wives anyone?
Why then need to clarify the law if it was such a great law to begin with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration