Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 04:47 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,464,555 times

Advertisements

LA City Councilwoman Janice Hahn who happens to be running for Lieutenant Governor of the great state of California has been calling the enforcement of Arizona law 1070 "Nazi tactics". This morning on KABC-790 a host named John Phillips attempted to make her account for her comment which she has said many times in interviews on local news channels. He asked her point blank if she could tell him how many were killed during the Holocaust which she never answered and then abruptly ended the interview by hanging up on him.

These are the people we voted for.

They do not accurately reflect the voice of the people.

When you vote in the primary June 8, 2010 - be very careful who you vote for.

Quote:
Los Angeles Councilwoman Hahn has her eye on the lieutenant governorship, but faces stiff competition from San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom. Releasing a video of a bumbling Newsom admitting that "For the life of me, I don't know" when asked what the lieutenant governor does, she sets the tone for a contentious campaign.
Here is a link to the radio interview where she hung up on the host.

http://www.kabc.com//article.asp?id=1790049&SPID=33483

Here is a link to an article about what happened this morning.

CA Lieutenant Governor Candidate Hahn Commits Historical Faux Pas Over Arizona Immigration Law - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 04:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,541,572 times
California politics is the epitome of everything we DON'T want to become.

Actually sending the illegals to ICE to be deported is Nazi tactics ?????
Well heck..AZ should just give them bus tickets to CA if CA feels so strongly in favor of harboring them in the US.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:00 PM

8,634 posts, read 10,161,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
LA City Councilwoman Janice Hahn who happens to be running for Lieutenant Governor of the great state of California has been calling the enforcement of Arizona law 1070 "Nazi tactics". This morning on KABC-790 a host named John Phillips attempted to make her account for her comment which she has said many times in interviews on local news channels. He asked her point blank if she could tell him how many were killed during the Holocaust which she never answered and then abruptly ended the interview by hanging up on him.

CA Lieutenant Governor Candidate Hahn Commits Historical Faux Pas Over Arizona Immigration Law - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
Ya know, I listened to that interview and I must say, I'm not a fan of being compared to Adolf Hitler, and I imagine the rest of the state isn't either. Can we band together as a state and sue the city of Los Angeles for slander?

Old 04-30-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Ya know, I listened to that interview and I must say, I'm not a fan of being compared to Adolf Hitler, and I imagine the rest of the state isn't either. Can we band together as a state and sue the city of Los Angeles for slander?
I think we should. She's been on all the tv channels all week long calling people Nazi's and when she got called out on it this morning on the radio it was fantastic. She had absolutely no answer at all for the radio host. I'm his biggest fan now, I wish they'd give him a full time gig through the week and not have him subbing and only on the weekends.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:34 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,816,273 times
Quote:
I think we should. She's been on all the tv channels all week long calling people Nazi's and when she got called out on it this morning on the radio it was fantastic. She had absolutely no answer at all for the radio host. I'm his biggest fan now, I wish they'd give him a full time gig through the week and not have him subbing and only on the weekends.

I used to listen to John. He's a great host. He had the 6-9pm slot.
This interview is a good demonstration what kind of morons govern California.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:35 PM

Comic Riffs - 'NAZI ARIZONA': N.J. artist reinforces immigration cartoon criticized by ADL

Purely insulting.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:17 PM

264 posts, read 457,545 times
Quote:

I just listened to the full 10 minutes. Great clip

Old 04-30-2010, 09:20 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,681 times
Quote:
No, but if California adopts a similar law that Arizona just enacted, you could sue LE for not enforcing it...

Old 05-01-2010, 12:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Arizona really ought to provide bus tickets to California for all the legals who want to stay in the USA.

Let the California politicians put their taxpayers' money where their mouths are. Imagine this idiot when the buses from Arizona start showing up and she's got to figure out how to pay for them or find them all jobs?

Old 05-01-2010, 12:29 PM

425 posts, read 367,146 times
Quote:
Arnold is the bitterest Irony of it all , just as a virus mutates so goes what was a Nazi , and what is a Nazi. Needless to say most people who pull the Nazi card , are part of the status quo NWO Nazi mentality themselves. Life became hard after 9/11 , it became increasingly harder after Arnold was elected and if one looks at what Iran has been doing over the past 7 years as well , ding ding ding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration