Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 08:11 AM

17,523 posts, read 24,772,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
FYI, I believe the employer of that meat packing plant was heavily fined. It isn't up to citizens to arrest crooked employers anyway. That is the duty of LE.

Using the illegals as scapegoats for what? You can't spell Republican? So you think they are the only ones opposed to illegal immigration and want our immigration laws enforced? Apartheit? LOL!
The existing laws are fine if they are enforced, in the county where I live an employer got 2 years in prison for employing illegals. If everywhere in the country did that there would be fewer illegals.

The Arizona law is a different matter, the organization behind it is populated by people who believe in eugenics, the State Senator who introduced it has a past of ties to Neo Nazis and sending out thousands of anti semetic emails.

Under the new law every illegal will be charged with a crime. I assume he then gets a hearing and a lawyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 08:32 AM

4,802 posts, read 8,771,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
1. That picture has already been proven Photoshopped, just race baiting
2. If you wanted something done about immigration any time in the past two decades you could have talked to Congress. I know Kyl and McCain have done nothing for decades.
3. The problem on the Border is DRUG TRAFFIC so those who use marijuana are more at fault than migrant farm workers
That one may have been Photo-shopped, but this one isn't.....

Why should American citizens continue to carry the load amidst the unprecedented attitude of entitlement carried by most illegal aliens?

We shouldn't.

Go Arizona! Thank you for doing the job that the Federal government is too pandering and incompetent to do.

I hope even more border states grow a set and say "NO MORE!"

Old 05-10-2010, 08:47 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,358,555 times
Quote:
The existing laws are fine if they are enforced, in the county where I live an employer got 2 years in prison for employing illegals. If everywhere in the country did that there would be fewer illegals.

The Arizona law is a different matter, the organization behind it is populated by people who believe in eugenics, the State Senator who introduced it has a past of ties to Neo Nazis and sending out thousands of anti semetic emails.

Under the new law every illegal will be charged with a crime. I assume he then gets a hearing and a lawyer
Many employers have been fined and jailed for hiring illegal aliens. You apparently aren't up to date. E-verify would take care of most that abuse and yet the pro-illegals don't want it. Why is that?

I don't care what rumors are flying around that anyone involved in the writing of this new law are supposed radicals or whether it is true or not. The point is that Arizona needed that law and I hope other states will follow suit. What crime will an illegal we charged with? Entering our country without papers? Well, duh. An illegal alien always gets a hearing and a lawyer unless they do the smart thing and leave voluntarily without a long detainment.

In the country where you live? If you don't live in this country then why are you even getting involved in our immigration issues?

Old 05-10-2010, 11:36 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,953,084 times
Quote:
Many employers have been fined and jailed for hiring illegal aliens. You apparently aren't up to date. E-verify would take care of most that abuse and yet the pro-illegals don't want it. Why is that?

I don't care what rumors are flying around that anyone involved in the writing of this new law are supposed radicals or whether it is true or not. The point is that Arizona needed that law and I hope other states will follow suit. What crime will an illegal we charged with? Entering our country without papers? Well, duh. An illegal alien always gets a hearing and a lawyer unless they do the smart thing and leave voluntarily without a long detainment.

In the country where you live? If you don't live in this country then why are you even getting involved in our immigration issues?
Not to be nitpicky but he said in the "county" where he lives and he does live in So. AZ.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Not to be nitpicky but he said in the "county" where he lives and he does live in So. AZ.
My mistake. Thanks for correcting that. I read it wrong and took county to be country.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:26 PM

17,523 posts, read 24,772,710 times
Quote:

If they are fined and they keep doing it they need to be in Jail. As I said, lock up 400 illegalos 400 more will come. The only solution is to go after the employers

Old 05-10-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
If they are fined and they keep doing it they need to be in Jail. As I said, lock up 400 illegalos 400 more will come. The only solution is to go after the employers
I asked you this question below and you didn't answer. E-verify does go after the employers and I am all for it.

"E-verify would take care of most of that abuse by employers and yet the pro-illegals don't want it. Why is that"?

Old 05-10-2010, 03:10 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,498,227 times
Absoutely Positively, i support this law, that our Federal Government, should be the one's supporting this law, Look if your coming into this Country illegally, why the hek not would we not want to support this, only monrons would not want this law to pass. Illegals are a drain to our Economy, some yes come here for the wrong reasons, and terrible crimes and even murders are committed by illeglals, they drain our system dry. Can't do this in Other Countries and get away with this, why should this be allowed in this Country. And for those of you who are trying to make this more of a racial issue, get over your high horse, this has nothing to do with race, but everything about sneaking into Our Country illegally, illegal is just that ILLEGAL. Too bad the morons running my State of California won't get off the white horse, and do the same as Arizona, at least those in the State of Arizona have the guts and determination, that our FEDERAL GOVERNMENT does not have, more power to them, and i do have family who live in Arizona, some parts are very very bad there.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:51 PM

10,049 posts, read 9,564,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Can anyone tell me the specific part of the law that promotes violating anyones civil rights? No one seems to be able to come up with any part that is unconstitutional. But all of sudden every officer in Arizona, who had nothing to do with creating or passing the law, are now racist nazis targeting hispanics. Since Arizona has a large hispanic population that a good percentage of hispanic officers?
Quote:
At least one Hispanic officer, with the backing of others is suing saying it is profiling
So in other words, you can't explain how the law violates civil rights. Thanks

Old 05-12-2010, 01:08 AM

29 posts, read 29,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I have read it Roy. So walk me through it now,please . (You do understand that Arizona is already letting law enforcement officers go and cutting budgets due to the state budget crisis, since you are obviously so well versed on this topic.)

All law enforcement officers will have to take mandatory training that is geared to customs and border patrol.

How much will that cost and who will pay for it.

Local law enforcement officers are now supposed to hold people they suspect of being illegal. They are supposed to verify the legality of the person with federal officials.

Where will they "hold them" exactly, for how long, and how much will that cost to Arizona. What does the verification process with Federal officials entail, exactly.

State officials at some point if they determine they are holding illegals are then supposed to hand over said illegals to Federal officials. Federal officials have not so far agreed to get into a deal with Arizona law enforcement to accept anyone from them. So how does that work, please explain.

Also, who is paying and will pay for all the court cases that have already begun over this Roy. Or is that also just being "panicky".
When you read the law, did you find the part where it said that law enforcement was to pull over any one driving or and ask anyone walking on the street who looked hispanic for proof of citizenship? Did you read the part that said that nothing but a birth certificate was to be accepted as proof of citizenship?

If you didn't, then everything else you said is irrelevant.....not to mention false, misleading, and diversionary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration