Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 01:08 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,630,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I think we should make citizenship available to all of the illegal immigrants and INCREASE the severity of penalties for all criminals.

The anti-illegal sentiment seems to be directed at Mexicans. I know many mexican people and they are fine people. Hardworking, colorful, deep, family-oriented, interesting people. Beautiful kids and beautiful women too. They are a noble people. They shouldn't be comdemned because of the worst in their race. I prefer them over conservatives.

Pelosi says we can't get rid of them and she's right. We shouldn't try. We should do what we can to welcome them to this country and help them become good citizens.
let me guess.. to get rid of the stray cats that keep coming into my yard, your suggestion would be to throw meatballs at them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 01:22 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,026,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
But we CAN get rid of Old Girl Nan. Yes we can.
I like the way you think!!!

Old 05-10-2010, 01:23 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,192,873 times
I'm guessing Speaker Pelosi does not live on a street full of overcrowded homes and 'car gardens'.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:27 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,206,108 times
Quote:
I think we should make citizenship available to all of the illegal immigrants and INCREASE the severity of penalties for all criminals.

The anti-illegal sentiment seems to be directed at Mexicans. I know many mexican people and they are fine people. Hardworking, colorful, deep, family-oriented, interesting people. Beautiful kids and beautiful women too. They are a noble people. They shouldn't be comdemned because of the worst in their race. I prefer them over conservatives.

Pelosi says we can't get rid of them and she's right. We shouldn't try. We should do what we can to welcome them to this country and help them become good citizens.

No, thanks.
I won't support any amnesty legislation that comes up, and I don't think that many of the people in the border states will. Granting them amnesty is not going to solve the problem, it will only make it worse. How would we know which illegal immigrants were part of the "12 million" and which ones came over afterwards so they could lie and get amnesty as well?

I don't have a problem with immigration as a whole, just the illegal immigration. I'd even support a work program (work for a few years, then GO BACK TO MEXICO) program like they had in the 40s and 50s (if I recall US history correctly, that is)

Besides.. Nancy Pelosi? Please. The only reason she does the things she has is so that she can get more votes. She looks like a shrew and acts like one as well.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:28 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,357,186 times
It's been done before.

Quote:
My opinion is that we should take harsh, swift action, such as President Dwight Eisenhower did in 1954 with “Operation Wet back” to remove about 1 million illegal immigrants from the southwestern United States. If you are unfamiliar with this, all you have to do is Google it.

http://www.journal-news.com/opinion/...s--693231.html

It could be done again but the pols don't have the balls.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:31 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,737,842 times
Quote:

"Colorful?"

Old 05-10-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:

It's sad that liberals would prefer criminal invaders over their own countrymen. Whoever said "Liberalsim is a mental disease" was really on point.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:40 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,818,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
It's sad that liberals would prefer criminal invaders over their own countrymen. Whoever said "Liberalsim is a mental disease" was really on point.
As far as I remember it was Michael Savage who said that.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
As far as I remember it was Michael Savage who said that.
Good call. Now hopefully we can get rid of Pelosi.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:58 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,471,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
we should just let them all stay in california and give the state back to the mexicans. That way, we can get rid of nancy pelosi and the illegals in one fell swoop.
amen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration