Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 04:55 PM

2,788 posts, read 8,030,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I think we should make citizenship available to all of the illegal immigrants and INCREASE the severity of penalties for all criminals.

The anti-illegal sentiment seems to be directed at Mexicans. I know many mexican people and they are fine people. Hardworking, colorful, deep, family-oriented, interesting people. Beautiful kids and beautiful women too. They are a noble people. They shouldn't be comdemned because of the worst in their race. I prefer them over conservatives.

Pelosi says we can't get rid of them and she's right. We shouldn't try. We should do what we can to welcome them to this country and help them become good citizens.
The problem is numbers. There are numbers of Mexicans coming here illegally for work. there are numbers of Irish, chinese , and Guatemalens coming here illegally for work. there are huge numbers of Americans out of work!!! And there are large numbers of jobs that command meager wages because illegals will do them for next to nothing when employers should be offering safe, productive positions to Americans for a living wage. This should not be about racial profiling or about whose culture is better. It should be a simple issue of work offered to Americans who need them to make ends meet in this , one of the worst recessions on record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 05:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,668,587 times
Before you know it we'll be hearing Pelosi saying we have to pass an amnesty bill so we can find out how many illegals are in the US.

Just wait.....

Old 05-10-2010, 05:04 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,998,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
But we CAN get rid of Old Girl Nan. Yes we can.
lilypad !!! ... Correct !

May it be ever so soon ! Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

1,650 posts, read 3,870,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think if we targeted employers, as well as minimizing social services they would self deport fairly quickly.

The 'anchor baby' stuff needs to stop, and I think parents should supply proof of citizenship before enrolling their children in school or asking for any social benefits.
I would add that we need to cut all social services to illegals. Require hospitals to inquire about citizenship status and call ICE if the patient is illegal. Also, require college students to supply proof of citizenship/legality before he/she can register for classes and require citizenship proof for financial aid for college.

I agree with everything else you said.

4,604 posts, read 8,247,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I think we should make citizenship available to all of the illegal immigrants and INCREASE the severity of penalties for all criminals.

The anti-illegal sentiment seems to be directed at Mexicans. I know many mexican people and they are fine people. Hardworking, colorful, deep, family-oriented, interesting people. Beautiful kids and beautiful women too. They are a noble people. They shouldn't be comdemned because of the worst in their race. I prefer them over conservatives.

Pelosi says we can't get rid of them and she's right. We shouldn't try. We should do what we can to welcome them to this country and help them become good citizens.
The anti-illegal sentiment is directed at the illegal. Yes, hispanics are fine people and should be welcome as legal immigrants. But this is a nation of laws, they need to follow the law. You do know what law is don't you? It protects you, yours and your possessions from those who would deprive you of those things... illegally.

So, if we let them stay what do we do when the next 12 million ILLEGAL immigrants arrive? More amnesty?

Fool me once shame on you....

Old 05-10-2010, 05:06 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,816,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I think Nancy is full of garbage.

This country can do anything we WANT to do. Who is it benefiting to keep these criminals in the country?

Breitbart.tv » Pelosi: We Can’t Tell 12M Illegals ‘Go Back to Wherever You Came From or Go to Jail’
Since we are living on their land in California, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona, we are more illegal than they are.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:07 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,998,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Before you know it we'll be hearing Pelosi saying we have to pass an amnesty bill so we can find out how many illegals are in the US.

Just wait.....

HappyTexan !!! ... Exactly !

At this point in time absolutely nothing coming from this pitiful crew would
surprise the vast majority of citizens in this nation !
Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 05-10-2010, 05:09 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,247,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Since we are living on their land in California, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona, we are more illegal than they are.
Whose land? The Mexicans? The Columbians? The Argentines.... you get the idea? Then tell us, where did they get the land?

Nobody's native around here excepting the Indians.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:09 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,822,691 times
Quote:

What an ignorant statement that is.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:12 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,503,611 times
Quote:
According to you, whose land are we living on? I thought all four of the states you listed are still in the US. Do you live in an alternate universe where states belong to illegals aliens? That would be an oxymoron - the fact that someone is an alien means that they are foreign, not domestic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration