Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 10:22 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times

Advertisements

With all this talk about Mexican Revolution, it makes me wonder as the states start cracking down (if they do) could we likely see something like the McDuffy Riots of Miami or the Rodney King Riots in Los Angeles? Do you think this has any bearing on why the government officials aren't doing as much as they could ?

Old 05-10-2010, 11:02 PM

378 posts, read 424,624 times
I just replied to another thread about the video of the kids marching in the streets . . . yes, I think it's just the beginning of rioting and civil unrest.

The very people who yell "RACIST" the loudest are generally the biggest racists themselves.

The hispanics and their sympathizers try very hard to portray those who are against illegal immigration as racists, but the majority of people who oppose illegal aliens simply want the laws enforced and this country respected. I have no problem with immigrants being in America legally, through the proper path of citizenship, but I will NEVER support the idea that illegal aliens have ANY rights in this country. Their sorry butts need to be kicked right back across the border.

However, most of the hispanics and sympathizers ARE racists, because they organize and network together, they yell stuff like "WE demand respect and this is OUR nation" (as the kids did in that video). And they are under the mistaken impression that CRIMINALS have the right to make demands.

You raise an interesting point about the government . . . it well may be that they KNOW where this is headed AND they know who the biggest troublemakers are and therefore, are standing down on the issue for the most part.

But then what's the alternative . . . just let millions of criminals continue to come into this country, bring crime and disease with them, drain our resources, and disrespect our land?

Do something or nothing, either way, there's gonna be trouble.

I hope Texas enacts tougher legislation than AZ.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:10 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
I agree with you 100% ! My family are brasilian immigrants, I speak spanish fluently and have had many girlfriends who are latina. But you know I just don't understand how I can be racist for not supporting a person coming here ILLEGALLY, i don't care if you are white, black asian or latino, if you are here illegally I don't agree with it. If you are, I'm more than happy to learn about your culture and learn your language, but have the decency to respect our country and SHARE it with ALL of the citizens and not simply your race.

I think there will be some sort of riots that happen, I just hope it isn't my city.. but if it does happen, I simply hope it wakes up the rest of america.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:21 PM

17 posts, read 16,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I agree with you 100% ! My family are brasilian immigrants, I speak spanish fluently and have had many girlfriends who are latina. But you know I just don't understand how I can be racist for not supporting a person coming here ILLEGALLY, i don't care if you are white, black asian or latino, if you are here illegally I don't agree with it. If you are, I'm more than happy to learn about your culture and learn your language, but have the decency to respect our country and SHARE it with ALL of the citizens and not simply your race.

I think there will be some sort of riots that happen, I just hope it isn't my city.. but if it does happen, I simply hope it wakes up the rest of america.

Ermm i suggest you read more into american history of cheap LEGAL immigrants & Slaves, (dont buy into the right wing propaganda do your own research). They were all made scapegoats/persecuted when they were seen as threats to white americans for taking their jobs. This is not a make up BS story but are facts and can be read in the archives of the library or internet.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:54 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,794,627 times
Rioting? No. I expect people will move on when the next big news story gets here, whatever that will be. There will be a few stories in the news when enforcement of the new law starts, but by then the public's attention will have moved on.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:24 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
If one were to happen, it is because, it has been egged on, by some, the forum, the media, newspaper articles, radio shows, videos, and some very small minded people who think that a revoult will solve our world's problems, think about this, no it will not. You have certain people, that have egg in your face mentality, and think this is the way to solve problems, you have some trouble makers out there, you know who you are! stop making everything about Race, can't talk about just the race issue, without talking about the Illegal means, by which some come thru our Borders. Illegal is just that, is it not! try going to a middle eastern Country illegally, tell me what happens, if you even live to tell about it.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:14 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,155,830 times
If anything like that happens it's because it has been incited by left-wing self-ritious lunatics who probably live in all white communities and the business community and their crass greed. Go ahead and talk about the racial strife that exists in some of their cherished bastions such as the Bay Area or South Florida and see how bat-sh1t they get about it. And to think, this is what they want for the whole country. They really are arrogant sh1t bags. Do they realize blacks, latinos and Asians are generally not getting along at all and even if they do care, are they attempting to remedy it in any kind of meaningful way? It's disgusting........

Old 05-11-2010, 03:38 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desli View Post
I just replied to another thread about the video of the kids marching in the streets . . . yes, I think it's just the beginning of rioting and civil unrest.

The very people who yell "RACIST" the loudest are generally the biggest racists themselves.

The hispanics and their sympathizers try very hard to portray those who are against illegal immigration as racists, but the majority of people who oppose illegal aliens simply want the laws enforced and this country respected. I have no problem with immigrants being in America legally, through the proper path of citizenship, but I will NEVER support the idea that illegal aliens have ANY rights in this country. Their sorry butts need to be kicked right back across the border.

However, most of the hispanics and sympathizers ARE racists, because they organize and network together, they yell stuff like "WE demand respect and this is OUR nation" (as the kids did in that video). And they are under the mistaken impression that CRIMINALS have the right to make demands.

You raise an interesting point about the government . . . it well may be that they KNOW where this is headed AND they know who the biggest troublemakers are and therefore, are standing down on the issue for the most part.

But then what's the alternative . . . just let millions of criminals continue to come into this country, bring crime and disease with them, drain our resources, and disrespect our land?

Do something or nothing, either way, there's gonna be trouble.

I hope Texas enacts tougher legislation than AZ.
How does a hispanic organizing and networking make him racist? Have you never heard of the Knigths of Columbus or the NAACP?

What criminals are making demands? I didnt see any criminals in the video, did you? what did they look like?

Old 05-11-2010, 05:17 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,794,627 times
You might want to reference some organization other than the NAACP if you're making the non-racist argument...

Old 05-11-2010, 06:19 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
How does a hispanic organizing and networking make him racist? Have you never heard of the Knigths of Columbus or the NAACP?

What criminals are making demands? I didnt see any criminals in the video, did you? what did they look like?

Their agenda for networkiong is what makes them racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration